Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

So ive played in my all star 10s for about 6 hours now and the quality is absolutely terrible. The scales are cracking and a bunch are peeling and about to fall off, they also feel like they pick up dust on court really easily. That being said i think i like these more than the 8s because they feel more stable and have more cushion, I never gotten a pair of the 9s so i cant compare them to that though.

^ yup my only complaint is the sole.

i don't get why they would change something when it works PERFECTLY fine.

no one gives a damn how the sole looks, so bring back the same pattern for the rest of the line nike :smh:

no one gives a damn how the sole looks, so bring back the same pattern for the rest of the line nike :smh:

Are you referring to the traction pattern or the outsole? My understanding was the grip was improved if not the looks? I am curious about these as the last Kobes I really bought were the 8s, but I don't want to get involved if these are a step back?? Thanks for the info.

Are you referring to the traction pattern or the outsole? My understanding was the grip was improved if not the looks? I am curious about these as the last Kobes I really bought were the 8s, but I don't want to get involved if these are a step back?? Thanks for the info.

ya, i meant the pattern.

the pattern on the 9, although gimmicky at first, it actually worked and my mind was blown.

the pattern on the 10, however, makes me shake my head. i wonder if there's a break in period considering the material.

I find the grip on the X to be the same as, if not better, than the IX. It's a different kind of grip, makes little to no squeaking unlike a traditional shoe, but bites just as hard. Maybe you guys need to break in more?

I find the grip on the X to be the same as, if not better, than the IX. It's a different kind of grip, makes little to no squeaking unlike a traditional shoe, but bites just as hard. Maybe you guys need to break in more?

Yeah I personally like the grip, I think it's better than the 8s. I don't have a pair of the 9s so I can't compare the two. It just collects dust easily.

Outsole on the X is nuts...picks up everything like a vacuum cleaner
laugh.gif

Vinos still haven't shipped
frown.gif

Last edited:
Finally saw the Xs up close and they look much better in person. Tried on the All Star and every step I took there was a piece from the instep jabbing me in my foot. I guess that's why they were on the hash wall at Nike Paramus.

so the traction is bad? I havent gotten a pair yet, but i've been really thinking about scooping a pair. i want the AS and the lagoons. but if the traction is garbage, I may just have to leave them alone..

The shirt or shoes? I like the shirt. I finally saw the Xs tonight and they felt pretty light. They look like a heavy shoe from pics. 

A lot of people were "meh" with the Easter 9s but they're still top 3 EM for me. Easter 8s were fire and 7s too (I think...)

Blackouts you could hardly see any dirt even tho its a lighter purple color on the sole.

so the traction is bad? I havent gotten a pair yet, but i've been really thinking about scooping a pair. i want the AS and the lagoons. but if the traction is garbage, I may just have to leave them alone..
Played on the same court this evening with IX lows as I played with the X All Stars yesterday and it was night and day as far as traction. I felt very unstable with the X's...too bad because Im really feelin the Vinos.

Back
Top Bottom