Kobe's game 7

Originally Posted by John2st

people hate kobe end of story. for no reason, people say if he was clutch he would of shot better in gm 7, but people forget to realize him going off scoring 23 straight, closing out numerous games. Jordan is GOAT, but that has nothing to do with Kobe. Montana is GOAT, but whats that have to do with Brady's legacy? and how good he is? Leave it at the door, Kobe is a first ballot HOFer and in 10 years people will look back at him and realize they were wrong. He will never be Jordan, noone will not even precious queen james.
But closest to him? Kobe. Because he is fierce and plays with his foot on your throat at all times.

Question, if he wins 2 more then what? will the haters stop hating? I doubt it..
Word.
Ask any NBA player what they think about Kobe
pimp.gif

It's only these lame cats that sit at home and *$@%# about how Kobe sucks
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

people hate kobe end of story. for no reason, people say if he was clutch he would of shot better in gm 7, but people forget to realize him going off scoring 23 straight, closing out numerous games. Jordan is GOAT, but that has nothing to do with Kobe. Montana is GOAT, but whats that have to do with Brady's legacy? and how good he is? Leave it at the door, Kobe is a first ballot HOFer and in 10 years people will look back at him and realize they were wrong. He will never be Jordan, noone will not even precious queen james.
But closest to him? Kobe. Because he is fierce and plays with his foot on your throat at all times.

Question, if he wins 2 more then what? will the haters stop hating? I doubt it..
Word.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
^^ People on NT know more and can argue with legands of the game. They know more. Not one single current or past NBA player, coach, or analyst will dissagree with kobe being top 10 ever. And the best part is we sit here and talk like this man doesn't play on the best team, and doesn't have about 4 great/really good years left.

Kobe haters either hate him because he destroys their team, or they hate him because he's not Lebron. Hate to break it to people but if both retire today Lebron SHOULDNT be a HOFer, Kobe is.

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Word.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
^^ People on NT know more and can argue with legands of the game. They know more. Not one single current or past NBA player, coach, or analyst will dissagree with kobe being top 10 ever. And the best part is we sit here and talk like this man doesn't play on the best team, and doesn't have about 4 great/really good years left.

Kobe haters either hate him because he destroys their team, or they hate him because he's not Lebron. Hate to break it to people but if both retire today Lebron SHOULDNT be a HOFer, Kobe is.

he has the chance to do some things mj has never done before. a 4 peat and win 7 rings. if that ever happend things will really get out of hand on here
laugh.gif

will that make him the greatest? maybe to some. maybe to some not. it is all OPINION and never fact on who was the greatest nba player of all time.

you older dudes gettin all pissed off cuz dudes wanna say kobe is the greatest or lebron is the greatest should be ashamed of yourself. not everyone is old or brainwashed on here. if young dudes wanna say kobe is the greatest let um. its their generation. thats all they seen.quit being %%# holes. you aint getting paid to defend jordan. you arent gonna lose a leg tomorrow if somebody says kobe is on jordan's level. you aint gonna die if kobe gets ring number 6 in the next few years....

he has the chance to do some things mj has never done before. a 4 peat and win 7 rings. if that ever happend things will really get out of hand on here
laugh.gif

will that make him the greatest? maybe to some. maybe to some not. it is all OPINION and never fact on who was the greatest nba player of all time.

you older dudes gettin all pissed off cuz dudes wanna say kobe is the greatest or lebron is the greatest should be ashamed of yourself. not everyone is old or brainwashed on here. if young dudes wanna say kobe is the greatest let um. its their generation. thats all they seen.quit being %%# holes. you aint getting paid to defend jordan. you arent gonna lose a leg tomorrow if somebody says kobe is on jordan's level. you aint gonna die if kobe gets ring number 6 in the next few years....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

eek.gif
Noble Kane defending Kobe ?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
About time son

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

eek.gif
Noble Kane defending Kobe ?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
About time son

This proably doesnt apply to this group on the board but I here so many people MY AGE , say 17 to 22 talkin about how KOBE IS NO MJ .. when they didnt watch a damn game he played with the Bulls. They remember Wizards Jordan if that and Retro Jordan sneakers. I remember watching a few game each of the last 3 championships with the Bulls and going to a Bulls game in 98, as an 8 year old, and I know I'm probably one of the few in my age group... BS analysts.

This proably doesnt apply to this group on the board but I here so many people MY AGE , say 17 to 22 talkin about how KOBE IS NO MJ .. when they didnt watch a damn game he played with the Bulls. They remember Wizards Jordan if that and Retro Jordan sneakers. I remember watching a few game each of the last 3 championships with the Bulls and going to a Bulls game in 98, as an 8 year old, and I know I'm probably one of the few in my age group... BS analysts.

He may not be the best player but he's a damn good analyst. I view him as fortunate. He's a great player who managed to get into a great situation.

As for this finals series I wasn't too thrilled about Kobe getting the MVP but I wasn't gonna start a riot about it.
grin.gif

This thread is dumb and unnecessary though, I just wanted to try out the new iPhone 4.
pimp.gif

He may not be the best player but he's a damn good analyst. I view him as fortunate. He's a great player who managed to get into a great situation.

As for this finals series I wasn't too thrilled about Kobe getting the MVP but I wasn't gonna start a riot about it.
grin.gif

This thread is dumb and unnecessary though, I just wanted to try out the new iPhone 4.
pimp.gif

lol...laker fans stilll looking at numbers to measure greatness of michael jordan.

but we all know mj @ 35 > kobe right now.

try to agree.

lol...laker fans stilll looking at numbers to measure greatness of michael jordan.

but we all know mj @ 35 > kobe right now.

try to agree.

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

It doesn't matter if he shot 1-21 with 14 turnovers, this ***%+ just won his 5th NBA championship at 31 years old.
laugh.gif

thanks to his great great teammates and coaching staff..
if kobe played in bulls in 90s, noway he could rack up 6 rings, let alone 2 rings

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

It doesn't matter if he shot 1-21 with 14 turnovers, this ***%+ just won his 5th NBA championship at 31 years old.
laugh.gif

thanks to his great great teammates and coaching staff..
if kobe played in bulls in 90s, noway he could rack up 6 rings, let alone 2 rings

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

CP1708:
Friend of mine and I had a conversation last night.  He and I worked together back in 2000, we actually watched the finals at work with our boss. 

I remember clear as day, thinking to myself, "he's got a title, monkey is off his back, he can play his whole career now, and nobody can take this away from him, he's a champion"
Then he won in 01
Then in 02
But people still acted like he was Adam Morrison for some reason.  He had to have one without Shaq
For some reason? How is the reason not plainly clear to you?

Tell you what, you mentioned Morrison, so I'll run w/ him. What if Morrison was acting like he's badder than what he is? Just... what if? I guarantee the response would be 'Alright then, go win a championship as something besides a rostered cheerleader.' You want people to recognize you as greater than what you've accomplished, then the demand is going to be for you to step your accomplishments up.

You won 1, then 2, then 3 championships w/ Shaq as the MVP and you want people to recognize that you're 'franchise player' worthy? Then... win one w/o Shaq.

Now, the greater he got and the more impressive his resume became, the more the Jordan comparisons grew, and that had nothing to do w/ Kobe himself, so I'm not going to justify that. I will say that Kobe won't be the last person to have his every accomplishment measured by Jordan's standard. We both know that.
crying-285x300.jpg

CP1708:
Friend of mine and I had a conversation last night.  He and I worked together back in 2000, we actually watched the finals at work with our boss. 

I remember clear as day, thinking to myself, "he's got a title, monkey is off his back, he can play his whole career now, and nobody can take this away from him, he's a champion"
Then he won in 01
Then in 02
But people still acted like he was Adam Morrison for some reason.  He had to have one without Shaq
For some reason? How is the reason not plainly clear to you?

Tell you what, you mentioned Morrison, so I'll run w/ him. What if Morrison was acting like he's badder than what he is? Just... what if? I guarantee the response would be 'Alright then, go win a championship as something besides a rostered cheerleader.' You want people to recognize you as greater than what you've accomplished, then the demand is going to be for you to step your accomplishments up.

You won 1, then 2, then 3 championships w/ Shaq as the MVP and you want people to recognize that you're 'franchise player' worthy? Then... win one w/o Shaq.

Now, the greater he got and the more impressive his resume became, the more the Jordan comparisons grew, and that had nothing to do w/ Kobe himself, so I'm not going to justify that. I will say that Kobe won't be the last person to have his every accomplishment measured by Jordan's standard. We both know that.
crying-285x300.jpg

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by 0cks

IMO Kobe's on of the best players ever but tell me this, do ya'll think DWade wouldn't have three-peated with Shaq in his prime? LeBron? Dude was spotted three rings
laugh.gif
took the ogre in the middle for granted and struggled before getting the two-headed monster now in the middle. Really I have Kobe being the best player in the league for like two years out of his entire career. Otherwise it was always Shaq, Timmy, AI, KG, Nash or LBJ (Dirk has Kobe's other MVP trophy)
why are we talking in hypotheticals though? i would also think Lebron would make the Finals at least once with the league's best team two years in a row, but things don't always work out like we think they would.

its ridiculous to say Kobe was "spotted" three rings when he played a tremendous role in getting them. its not like he was riding Shaq's coattails. there were multiple instances where LA would have lost if Kobe didn't step up and become the best player on the floor. Shaq was clearly the top dog for the first ring, but by 2001 and on him and Kobe were basically 1a and 1b.

just look at Kobe's stats from the 2001 playoffs:
2rnhi68.jpg

as far as i can see, he wasn't "spotted" anything.. he played his !@$ off.

and who makes up the "two-headed" monster in the middle for the Lakers? Pau must have grown another head, because i know you aren't calling an injury-prone Bynum a monster?
Thank you. I continue to find it humorous how when Kobe was averaging 27-32 in the playoffs and finals, it was Shaq's FMVP's, Shaq's rings, Shaq's team, no questions asked.

And then when Kobe plays with someone putting up 18 & 10, that player is the real FMVP, or its open to debate.

People seriously calling a dude that dropped 48 & 16 in a close out game, "Robin."
laugh.gif
Y'all forgot or (most likely) didn't even watch that 3-peat.

Some quick avg's from these numbers:

Kobe '01 Playoffs Overall (PPG,RPG,APG)
---------------------------

Kobe '01 Playoffs (Home)
----------------------------

Kobe '01 Playoffs (Road)

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by 0cks

IMO Kobe's on of the best players ever but tell me this, do ya'll think DWade wouldn't have three-peated with Shaq in his prime? LeBron? Dude was spotted three rings
laugh.gif
took the ogre in the middle for granted and struggled before getting the two-headed monster now in the middle. Really I have Kobe being the best player in the league for like two years out of his entire career. Otherwise it was always Shaq, Timmy, AI, KG, Nash or LBJ (Dirk has Kobe's other MVP trophy)
why are we talking in hypotheticals though? i would also think Lebron would make the Finals at least once with the league's best team two years in a row, but things don't always work out like we think they would.

its ridiculous to say Kobe was "spotted" three rings when he played a tremendous role in getting them. its not like he was riding Shaq's coattails. there were multiple instances where LA would have lost if Kobe didn't step up and become the best player on the floor. Shaq was clearly the top dog for the first ring, but by 2001 and on him and Kobe were basically 1a and 1b.

just look at Kobe's stats from the 2001 playoffs:
2rnhi68.jpg

as far as i can see, he wasn't "spotted" anything.. he played his !@$ off.

and who makes up the "two-headed" monster in the middle for the Lakers? Pau must have grown another head, because i know you aren't calling an injury-prone Bynum a monster?
Thank you. I continue to find it humorous how when Kobe was averaging 27-32 in the playoffs and finals, it was Shaq's FMVP's, Shaq's rings, Shaq's team, no questions asked.

And then when Kobe plays with someone putting up 18 & 10, that player is the real FMVP, or its open to debate.

People seriously calling a dude that dropped 48 & 16 in a close out game, "Robin."
laugh.gif
Y'all forgot or (most likely) didn't even watch that 3-peat.

Some quick avg's from these numbers:

Kobe '01 Playoffs Overall (PPG,RPG,APG)
---------------------------

Kobe '01 Playoffs (Home)

Kobe '01 Playoffs (Road)

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

The word that will define his overall legacy is redemption. From being on top of the world with Shaq, to falling into the pits with Katelyn, to climbing back to the top with Phil.
Well written. Perhaps a little more accurate to say 'back on top w/ Pau', though? Since Phil was there w/ Shaq earlier, but Kobe's back-to-back-to-back Finals appearances came after Pau.

laugh.gif
  I had a feeling that would come up.

I was going to say Pau, but as I started to type, the book title, "The Last Season," flashed into my head.  I don't believe that Kobe would have been able climb back to the top without Phil. I think Pau is ultimately replaceable in this situation. Going with the theme of "redemption," I feel as if the greatest example was gaining Phil's trust again. Phil knew what talent was coming down the pipeline, and he chose to reunite with Kobe.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

The word that will define his overall legacy is redemption. From being on top of the world with Shaq, to falling into the pits with Katelyn, to climbing back to the top with Phil.
Well written. Perhaps a little more accurate to say 'back on top w/ Pau', though? Since Phil was there w/ Shaq earlier, but Kobe's back-to-back-to-back Finals appearances came after Pau.

laugh.gif
  I had a feeling that would come up.

I was going to say Pau, but as I started to type, the book title, "The Last Season," flashed into my head.  I don't believe that Kobe would have been able climb back to the top without Phil. I think Pau is ultimately replaceable in this situation. Going with the theme of "redemption," I feel as if the greatest example was gaining Phil's trust again. Phil knew what talent was coming down the pipeline, and he chose to reunite with Kobe.

Why do people hate putting things in perspective? I hate it when posters come in and say "5 titles and that's that". Uhh no it isn't... it's called having a sports discussion.

And if you don't think Kobe was Robin to Shaq during those 3 title runs, I don't know what to tell you. One of the best Robins ever, no doubt. But he was still the 2nd option.

Sidenote: Why the hell do people keep bringing up this lame %%$ argument of not watching Jordan's game or being too young to appreciate Jordan's greatness. Have these people never heard of youtube and Hoopsencyclopedia? There is sooo much footage on Youtube of Jordan; you can become an expert on his game if you scour through those videos and study them. Just because you're old doesn't automatically mean you know that much. Anybody can flip the channel to ESPN and drink a beer. Not many people do the research like this dude CP.

Why do people hate putting things in perspective? I hate it when posters come in and say "5 titles and that's that". Uhh no it isn't... it's called having a sports discussion.

And if you don't think Kobe was Robin to Shaq during those 3 title runs, I don't know what to tell you. One of the best Robins ever, no doubt. But he was still the 2nd option.

Sidenote: Why the hell do people keep bringing up this lame %%$ argument of not watching Jordan's game or being too young to appreciate Jordan's greatness. Have these people never heard of youtube and Hoopsencyclopedia? There is sooo much footage on Youtube of Jordan; you can become an expert on his game if you scour through those videos and study them. Just because you're old doesn't automatically mean you know that much. Anybody can flip the channel to ESPN and drink a beer. Not many people do the research like this dude CP.

Back
Top Bottom