'Kony' Honcho Jason Russell Arrested for ****** in Public

kjcbksdjbck,jsdckaj ka @ the meme pics!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Method Man

In the last two weeks, this guy has done more to inspire cynicism and a general mistrust of philanthropy than the Red Cross, (PRODUCT) RED, and Yele combined. 
This is just disgusting on every level. 

How many people who contributed are really going to think, "next time, I need to do more research and be less impulsive" and how many are going to think, "that's the last time I ever donate to charity"?  

If this guy took your money, that's one thing - but don't let him take your courage and your compassion.  Don't let him convince you that you can't make a difference, that caring about others is a weakness rather than a strength. 

You are obviously a smart guy and I can't criticize your philanthropic spirit but how is it that you don't see that charity is big business?
I see you defend them quite often and I honestly think it is unwarranted.  I'd say if you are going to give anything, give time
and effort, not cash.  People are so quick to write a check and feel like they are actually doing something. 

A vast majority of "charities" operate in this fashion, most of them are organized enough to not get exposed, however.

All these foundations are nothing more than tax havens for the rich.  You think bill gates gives a %+@@ about disease in Africa?
Why does goldman sachs require new partners to form a charity, cause they care that much right?

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

In the last two weeks, this guy has done more to inspire cynicism and a general mistrust of philanthropy than the Red Cross, (PRODUCT) RED, and Yele combined. 

How many people who contributed are really going to think, "next time, I need to do more research and be less impulsive" and how many are going to think, "that's the last time I ever donate to charity"?  

If this guy took your money, that's one thing - but don't let him take your courage and your compassion.  Don't let him convince you that you can't make a difference, that caring about others is a weakness rather than a strength. 

You are obviously a smart guy and I can't criticize your philanthropic spirit but how is it that you don't see that charity is big business?
I see you defend them quite often and I honestly think it is unwarranted.  I'd say if you are going to give anything, give time
and effort, not cash.  People are so quick to write a check and feel like they are actually doing something. 

A vast majority of "charities" operate in this fashion, most of them are organized enough to not get exposed, however.

All these foundations are nothing more than tax havens for the rich.  You think bill gates gives a %+@@ about disease in Africa?
Why does goldman sachs require new partners to form a charity, cause they care that much right?
I'm not saying you're wrong but you can't just be throwing out accusations like that without proof. It's irresponsible.

Word, speaking on absolutes is a sure fire way to lose an argument.
Method man is going to have a field day with his reply.

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

Charities need money and resources to function.
Who said Bill Gates doesn't care about disease in Africa?  Bill Gates has enough money to not care about taxes so your argument seems null.

There are good people in the world with great intentions.  Just because they're rich, doesn't imply that their donations are fueled by tax write-offs, sure it's a plus, but that may be the least of their motives.  These donations help charities provide necessary resources for their staff and personell to adequately and effectively help in their mission.  When you want to feed the hungry, you need money to buy the food to feed those in need.  When you want to treat the ill, you need proper medical equipment and medicine to treat those in need.

The volunteers and hours put in are limited to the resources and equipment that they have available to them.  The better their resources, the more efficiently they can work thus being able to allocate more time towards those in need.

Even if people are donating to charities for the sole purpose of a tax write-off, then as long as their donating to a accountable, reputable, transparent charity then both sides are winning regardless.
Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Word, speaking on absolutes is a sure fire way to lose an argument.
Method man is going to have a field day with his reply.
pretty much this

The people who dismiss Bill Gates for donating giving so much money because it's a tax write-off are probably the same people who worship at the altar of Steve Jobs and his shiny toys. The same Steve Jobs who never gave a single penny to charity. At least Gates is doing SOMETHING. So stop it with the assertion that it's just for the tax write-off. It's a tired argument, and ultimately irresponsible. You support charitable organizations, yet it's not okay for one of the richest people in the world to donate because he has ulterior financially-driven motives? Just stop it already. Please.

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

A rep for Invisible Children says Russell was suffering from exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition as a result of a strenuous PR campaign. - TMZ
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Exhausted, dehydrated and malnourished? Maybe he is working on a new documentary/campaign? Dude was doing a personal experiment of life in the Sahel but in San Diego.

man he was on that coke

Donate to the Children's Hunger Fund (CHF) if you're a slacktivist..... 99cents out every dollar goes directly to starving children. Research it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom