Korean tacos? Kogi and competitor

so i chased down the kogi truck(waited in line almost 2 hrs) in in Torrance the other day. the tacos really hit the spot. didn't try the burrito, but I didhave the tapas(not worth it). wait is not worth it, but if you're going bring me some. make sure you have something to eat if you are going to wait thatlong (or get there early).

I heard about this place on 30th and Figueroa called La Taquiza which also offers Korean tacos and burritos fusion - anyone have it @ this place?

if I just want the regular carne asada tacos closest to me, I just go to Taco Sinaloa on Western and Carson in Torrance...but those Korean tacos are def achange of pace for the tastebuds.

twitter.com/kogibbq

kogifood.jpg

La Taquiza is
smokin.gif
, never had their Korean "Fusion" (
laugh.gif
) food.

I'm always tempted to chase the Kogi Truck, but many people come out feeling the same way you did. The line is way too long, the food is good, but it isnot worth the wait.

Anybody know of any good/legit Korean BBQ joints near Dodger Stadium. Need to find new lunch spots.

Kogi tacos are
pimp.gif
Never had to wait for the truck but I got food from the Alibi Room where they've set up shop and it was on point...gonna try La Taquizasometime this week.

Yea, La Taquiza is
pimp.gif
but I never had their Korean tacos...

I'm gonna try that soon.

DO NOT SLEEP GUYS.

If anyone is near the 60 / Azusa, Taco Del Rio

2wrg211.jpg

lurking *+% pic, i know
laugh.gif

taco del rio is soo money....i used to go there all the time when my ex lived there.....i never knew they had korean tacos there tho.....

Originally Posted by nt browser

taco del rio is soo money....i used to go there all the time when my ex lived there.....i never knew they had korean tacos there tho.....
nahh no korean tacos, just had to post the best tacos in town.

but you're right you can wait in line for a while (during lunch time) but so worth it.

dang taco del rio is super good.

i have been wanting to go to that korean taco truck for a while but cant get myself to wait 2 hours in line.

i am perfectly fine eating normal mexican taco trucks

I have chased KOGI 2xs...once in the pouring rain in Rosemead only had to wait about 30-45 mins.

Second time it was on my way home so I stopped..it was 5 mins away and it took 1.5 hours...NOT WORTH IT. tasty tacos nonetheless.

But yeah..the HYPE is what it is. Waiting in line is part of the whole experience.

Originally Posted by b1gdaddyh

dang taco del rio is super good.

i have been wanting to go to that korean taco truck for a while but cant get myself to wait 2 hours in line.

i am perfectly fine eating normal mexican taco trucks
the other option is La Taquiza in downtown if you want to try it for the first time without waiting in line.

it's not really worth waiting in the line the first time(but like ^ said it's part of the experience), but def not worth waiting the 2nd time around.

Originally Posted by Suge Knight Rider

yo, i've driven by Taco Del Rio but never tried it...school me on what to get from the menu.

Damn homie, if you love tacos - i'm telling you this is the BEST SPOT FOR TACOS!

If you like carne asada with everything (sour cream, guac, onions, red sauce, cheese)

get like 3 or 4 (if youre hungry) special carne asada tacos rojo sauce

its like 1.80 / taco but its worth it.

that's why the line is for days sometimes.

try to avoid the lunch hour 11-1ish.

^ Good looking out homie. Imma hit em up 2morrow.

hit up the thread tomorrow to speak on it
pimp.gif
my bad for the thread jack dyhard. id love to try kogi tacos ... if they came out to the ie
laugh.gif

I'm gonna hit up La Taquiza tomorrow to compare it with Kogi...let you guys know the deal tomorrow night

Originally Posted by bright nikes

^ Good looking out homie. Imma hit em up 2morrow.

hit up the thread tomorrow to speak on it
pimp.gif
my bad for the thread jack dyhard. id love to try kogi tacos ... if they came out to the ie
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

not a prob here, we all got appetites and cravings for good food.

^good looking out bro...Taco Del Rio is good.

I couldn't see the tortillas underneath all the toppings.

gonna try the carnitas and the burritos in the future too.

Bright Nikes - Taco Del Rio is good however, I prefer Boca Del Rio on Hacienda and Fairgrove. I think its the way they freshly grate the cheese.

I just don't like the texture of boca's carne asada.

To each his own though.

yall are crazy. i love tacos but aint no way in hell im waiting over an hour to get em. I'm just gonna go to the Alibi Room and eat my tacos in peace.

It's overrated. I didnt even wait in line, I had my boy snatch em up for me. And still it was "good" and not"greeeat"

I tried both the tacos and burrito. Tacos > Burrito though.

The potatoes in the burrito over powers it. Btw..is Taco Del Rio in La Puente??

Back
Top Bottom