Korean tacos? Kogi and competitor

yeah its in la puente bro, try it out.

its
pimp.gif

just got back from Kogi's in lakewood (Del Amo and Bloomfield). i would never EVER wait in line for this stuff again. it's good, but not great. nothingto wait more than 15 minutes for. and 2 dollars for a taco? man, im ma just swing by California Market and get 5 lbs of that meat for 2 dollars. smh

is this the same stuff as the Alibi bar/restaurant in LA? i saw a link via their twitter

had the one at USC Figueroa La Taquiza couple weeks ago. Didn't like it as much as Kogi.

Kimchi is there, and meat is too chunky. sauce is all over the place. pass. wouldn't wait at kogi for two hours, since the tacos are the same stuff atAlibi room. off the 10 @ Washington???

some lady ordered two dozen tacos for her family at the truck. I guess she froze them.

I heard they started to sell desert @ the trucks too.

headin to alibi room today for happy hour after work. hopefully these damn tacos dont disappoint. wish me luck.

Current TV's InfoMania's Ben Hoffman, the show's Tech Report guru, takes us behind the scenes at the Twittering and tastebud phenom KogiBBQ. JoshHeller, the Online Comedy Producer at Current TV, notes that Hoffman's "candor bites through the hype, and may or may not start a race war," inthis segment from last week's show. Besides the high-tech hijinks of mobile food purveyance, the report delves into the tangled world of ethnic fusionfoods, and the anatomical challenges of interracial dating. It's a lot to chew on, but if you don't mind laughing with your mouth full, check out thisclip.

^Nope

Go to the Alibi Room in Culver City instead. They took over the kitchen there. Its a bar though so if you aint 21 you are SOL.

The breakfast burrito with some sriracha on the side is better than the tacos IMO.

laugh.gif
I'm in that video @ 2:02 and 2:40. I was wondering where thoseguys were from

EDIT: on a more constructive note, it' most crowded right at the beginning. That was the sawtelle stop, we got there at 10pm when they openend and waited40 minutes. When we were done eating at 11 the line was a third as long. So I would suggest going later rather than earlier.

Also, the sliders are GOOD

I've chased down the truck (50 cars were following this thing)...they're good, change from the norm.
kogi.jpg

Still I prefer my tacos with the original carne asada. Hmmm...maybe I should open up a "filipino fusion" taco truck!

This thread is appreciated. I'm definitely going to check out the Alibi room and Taco del Rio
pimp.gif

Lee's Philly: Easily the best food I ate while I was on my trip. It is food served off of a traveling truck. Korean Gogi is the type of food it is ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgogi ). It was so damn good. I got two chicken tacos ($2.50 each). Demolished those and turned right around and got a chicken steak. The meat was marinated in a sweet sauce and kimchi (fermented cabbage) was added to it to give it a nice crunch. It was so good man. I wanted more on the day before I left but they took the day off. They usually post where their truck will be on the Twitter or FB page.

Originally Posted by Pharcyde09

Are these tacos really worth standing in line for over an hour?
Definitely not.

I've had Kogi's twice now.  I can probably only have it once a month, maybe if that.

I found the best way to avoid the lines at the trucks is to wait an hour or so after the time they announce wherever they'll be... (does that make sense?
laugh.gif
)

so, if they say they'll be at "so and so" from 6-9, hit it up after 7:30ish.  You won't have to mess w/ a line at all.

I've had the their taco, burrito and the quesadilla...  all not bad.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Lee's Philly: Easily the best food I ate while I was on my trip. It is food served off of a traveling truck. Korean Gogi is the type of food it is ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgogi ). It was so damn good. I got two chicken tacos ($2.50 each). Demolished those and turned right around and got a chicken steak. The meat was marinated in a sweet sauce and kimchi (fermented cabbage) was added to it to give it a nice crunch. It was so good man. I wanted more on the day before I left but they took the day off. They usually post where their truck will be on the Twitter or FB page.
Just reliving this moment. I was talking to someone about this to someone today. Awww man good stuff.

My gripe with the Kogi truck is that they charge you tax. I mean the prices are already high then they hit you with tax on top of that. What gives? This is the only truck that has ever done that. White Rabbit, Tapa Boy, and other trucks I've hit don't do it or it's already included in the price (which are reasonable).

Originally Posted by cfrndz

My gripe with the Kogi truck is that they charge you tax. I mean the prices are already high then they hit you with tax on top of that. What gives? This is the only truck that has ever done that. White Rabbit, Tapa Boy, and other trucks I've hit don't do it or it's already included in the price (which are reasonable).

we don't do it on our truck
happy.gif

www.wafflesdeliege.com

/shameless plug

the taco truck in harbor city off of vermont and PCH right next to the gas station has some of the best tacos ive ever had and their salsa is on point

Originally Posted by dyyhard

so i chased down the kogi truck(waited in line almost 2 hrs) in in Torrance the other day. the tacos really hit the spot. didn't try the burrito, but I did have the tapas(not worth it). wait is not worth it, but if you're going bring me some. make sure you have something to eat if you are going to wait that long (or get there early).

I heard about this place on 30th and Figueroa called La Taquiza which also offers Korean tacos and burritos fusion - anyone have it @ this place?

if I just want the regular carne asada tacos closest to me, I just go to Taco Sinaloa on Western and Carson in Torrance...but those Korean tacos are def a change of pace for the tastebuds.

twitter.com/kogibbq

http://www.schemamag.ca/archive2/images/kogifood.jpg src="http://www.schemamag.ca/archive2/images/kogifood.jpg">

I go to Taco Sinaola also since its down the street from me. I love their Carnitas tacos.
And I had some Kogi a few weeks back when they were parked near the Toyota offices in Torrance at night in the rain...only I just picked up my tacos from my sister in law who did the waiting.

Ive been eating Kogis once a month, absolutely love it. Never fell for the hype because no way in hell am I chasing food. Its been hitting the same spot near my home on Whittier Blvd. Not once have we had to wait more than 15 minutes for service.

I cant even front its delicious. I love their tacos, but my favorite are the quesadilla and the burritos. Definitely worth it.

yea don't chase that kogi truck. The last time I chased one of their trucks down, I got a bad case of food poisoning. You're better off just hitting up that bar in culver city where they serve the tacos and other stuff from the Kogi menu. I think its called the Alibi Room

Back
Top Bottom