KRS-One Attacked At His Own Show

a rapper is a rapper... u might not like nelly's music but he's still a rapper... krs one just says whatever the hells he wants cuz he knows his sheepwill follow...

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

That @#$# Nelly makes is "hip hop"?? I don't think so either . . . I mean if anyone would know it would prolly be KRS One, he was there when it started . . . I think he's done a lot for the music, culture, and business, he deffinetly has the rapport to be able to comment on something he considers not to be hip hop, but even he said HIS word is not the end all, or GOD rule . . . He just KNOWS what he's talkin about more times than not . . . Nelly is an idiot, did you hear the @#$# that come out of his mouth on Hip Hop vs America?? He's not exactly the smartest man in the world, and can we really compare whatever Nelly has done for "hip hop" to what KRS One has done?? Not only did he hhelp pave the way, he has bridged the gap between hip hop, education, and spirituality . . . Nelly's music is classified as "entertainment" mainly because its not meant to be taken serious, cause he's a fool most of the time . . . Now he's on steroids tryin sell records to a new generation of little girls . . .
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Who considers Nelly an MC anyway?? I mean if KRS were to say that, it wouldn't be somethin street ninjas wernt feeling anyway . . . Nelly a fool that makes music for fools, and even they aren't buying his record at the rate they once did . . . He aint been out in 4 years, he's finished . . . So now he's tryin to join KRS One and several others in the Stop The Violence movement to become relavent again, meanwhile KRS is rocking shows WORLDWIDE, while still doing lectures at the most prestegious colleges in this country . . . They won't even let Nelly talk for longer than a minute on a station as terrible as B.E.T. (Bafoon Entertainment Television) . . . Nelly should go back to what he does best, trick money on strippers, and make videos that play better on MUTE.

I agree as far as Nelly being an idiot, but he is a rapper. Plus almost everything you said bout KRS is past tense. If hip-hop were to be the exact same asit was in his era... I mean ...where's the growth ya kno? I agree Hip-Hop isn't as good as the "golden era" but its growing still. Thegenre's only what... 30 years old?

Because his word means something . . . You can't call yourself some "rapper" when half of your fans don't even know who KRS One is, how doesthis happen?? . . . Nelly has no more than 5 songs that straight men are willing to admit to liking, THAT'S a problem

Nelly's word means next to nothing, that's why he couldn't even go to Spellman because the black women there don't respect him outside of hisawful music . . . His own people don't respect him, that's a harsher blow then having KRS diss you. Then he comes to Summer Jam and gets his corny %%%booed . . . I guess all the people in the Summer Jam crowd were some of KRS One's sheep also . . . You don't even have to be a KRS One fan to knowNelly makes music for kids, he's no different then Soulja Boy or Jibbs . . . I guess yall respects them too . . . I mean no ones saying Nelly can't bea lil rapper, he will NEVER be an MC, KRS One has been one, and will always be one . . . Nelly's movement is nothing more than music, he can't evenconduct a successful bone marrow drive because outside of sissy songs, no one respects the man . . . Except you guys I guess . . . Be on the lookout for BrassKnuckles, coming soon . . .

Because his word means something . . . You can't call yourself some "rapper" when half of your fans don't even know who KRS One is, how does this happen?? . . . Nelly has no more than 5 songs that straight men are willing to admit to liking, THAT'S a problem

Nelly's word means next to nothing, that's why he couldn't even go to Spellman because the black women there don't respect him outside of his awful music . . . His own people don't respect him, that's a harsher blow then having KRS diss you. Then he comes to Summer Jam and gets his corny %%% booed . . . I guess all the people in the Summer Jam crowd were some of KRS One's sheep also . . . You don't even have to be a KRS One fan to know Nelly makes music for kids, he's no different then Soulja Boy or Jibbs . . . I guess yall respects them too . . . I mean no ones saying Nelly can't be a lil rapper, he will NEVER be an MC, KRS One has been one, and will always be one . . . Nelly's movement is nothing more than music, he can't even conduct a successful bone marrow drive because outside of sissy songs, no one respects the man . . . Except you guys I guess . . . Be on the lookout for Brass Knuckles, coming soon . . .
How did you come up with statistic? Your on some striaght Hilary Clinton lieing.

So you're telling me Nelly's fans are familiar with KRS One?? Its funny to hear that when both Nelly himself and KRS One have stated otherwise . . . Italways amazes me how guys come to the defense of artist, meanwhile contradicting past statemnts of the artist themselves . . . Happens so often on NT . . .

And yes Nelly's career is OVER . . . When was his last nationally headlined tour?? Since he's a pop rapper, when was his last hit on the pop charts??04 right . . . Now who's willing to tell me the landscape of hip hop is the same now as it was in 04?? Wasn't his album suppose to drop last year, whenhe dropped that corny ****y "What's Ya Name Is"?? @!$$ went NOWHERE, now he's doin duets with Fergie
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. . . Some of youguys don't know what KRS Ones career consists of, unlike Nelly its bigger than some tenny bopper hit, and a bone marrow drive ever year or so, KRS doesshows, lecture, seminars, and still has the temple Of Hip Hop operating on the west coast, while still running it on the east . . . Just because a bunch of lilkids don't go out and buy his albums at the rate they buy some metro-sexual @!$$ like Nelly doesn't mean his career is OVER, news flash, his career isa lot bigger than some sissy songs, and womens denim line . . . Some of yall need to wake up, learn about the @!$$ before typing it . . .

damn

and for the record Nelly dissed the hell outta KRS-One
laugh.gif
and came forhis neck on them songs
roll.gif
...KRS-ONE is a vet though

So you're telling me Nelly's fans are familiar with KRS One?? Its funny to hear that when both Nelly himself and KRS One have stated otherwise . . . It always amazes me how guys come to the defense of artist, meanwhile contradicting past statemnts of the artist themselves . . . Happens so often on NT . . .

And yes Nelly's career is OVER . . . When was his last nationally headlined tour?? Since he's a pop rapper, when was his last hit on the pop charts?? 04 right . . . Now who's willing to tell me the landscape of hip hop is the same now as it was in 04?? Wasn't his album suppose to drop last year, when he dropped that corny ****y "What's Ya Name Is"?? @!$$ went NOWHERE, now he's doin duets with Fergie
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. . . Some of you guys don't know what KRS Ones career consists of, unlike Nelly its bigger than some tenny bopper hit, and a bone marrow drive ever year or so, KRS does shows, lecture, seminars, and still has the temple Of Hip Hop operating on the west coast, while still running it on the east . . . Just because a bunch of lil kids don't go out and buy his albums at the rate they buy some metro-sexual @!$$ like Nelly doesn't mean his career is OVER, news flash, his career is a lot bigger than some sissy songs, and womens denim line . . . Some of yall need to wake up, learn about the @!$$ before typing it . . .

UMAD.gif

What's good with the hate?

My dude Starvin been going through something the last 2 months.

Not saying I don't agree with SOME of what he has said, but son just been type angry latley.

Starvin Harlem I agree with everything you have said man. I seriously can't believe what I am reading here, are you guys like 14 years old or something?There is a reason why the most respected rappers out respect KRS. KRS isn't about going 10x platinum, shiney suits and fruity pebble rhymes to get airplay. He only cares about hip hip. Starvin it ain't even worth replying to these posts because seriously anyone who mentions nelly in a hiphop post is sofar out in left field it ain't worth the energy to go bring them back to reality, let them pick daisies all day out there. Come on people Nelly? NELLY?!Stop it...Please.

Oh and I am not sure if any of you guys actually met KRS in person but I am willing to bet everything I own that if he squared up with this clown who threw thebottle we would be talking how that dude got his face smashed.

Meh, I'm a grown %$% man. Older than 95% of the music forum, I'm sure. I vividly remember Boogie Down Productions and when KRS was actively makingmusic, videos, etc. He gets all the props in the world from me.

But dude does think he is the !#%%. His arrogance is absurd and his "I am hip-hop" attitude has grown very tired and old. As much as he has done forhip-hop, his arrogance doesn't help a thing at all.

St Louis > South Bronx

I'm quite sure you were joking with this comment right??

Also, nobody in their right mind should be defending Nelly or even worse yet be a fan of his music. If so, thats a shame.

Well who else has done what he's done, for as long as he's done it?? While you search for your imaginary answer hopefully you'll come to theconclusion that he has a reason to be "arrogant" . . . I mean if someone has done a lot for a culture and has no problem letting others know, whyshould that make ME feel a certain way?? Its hip hop, not cheerleading . . . Aint another MC that can compete with the likes of Rakim, G Rap, Kane, LL, thenturn around and run an educational/spiritual/ community program, and still be able to lecture at some of the most prestigeous Ivy League schools, andcontinuesly tour for almost 20 years . . . Tell me who else has (and or IS doing that??) . . . I Mean it sounds silly to complain about a mans arrogance in2008, when that same man battled and beat Melle Mel before most of us were even born . . . He said he was #1 20 years ago . . . And it was a hit, and now yousissies complain about his arrogance?? : lol
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
who has done what he has done?? I think he has a right to feel whatever way he feels, he's earned it. . . Probabaly the most RESPECTED MC of all time . . . How can he be arrogant??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'd hope some of you are smarter than what you show on NT . . .The worlds in a sad state . . . Stop being such wimps all the time . . .

As far as the "I am Hip Hop" he also says we all are hip hop . . . Thanks for leaving that out, in trying to prove your point . . .
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
nottelling the WHOLE story

its one thing to b an arrogant MC...he just an arrogant person...dude is like dame dash as a rapper... the other greats are all nonchalant about it... not thisN... runnin round taklin out the side of his neck like he still makin heat...

Originally Posted by YardFather

CT stand up Elm City Gun Waven New Haven. Smh what happened to KRS. Stop the violence, damn shame.

You're a lame.

So it's a shame that a man wants to stop violence?

He's not talkin bout him gettin hurt. He's biggin up CT then saying SMH at what happened to KRS.

Probabaly the most RESPECTED MC of all time . . .
Exactly....... Kris has & will always be my favorite emcee (even when I disagree with his perspective). Dude said it a hundred times,"kings lose crowns, but teachers stay intelligent". You onionheads should zone on that for a minute.

The slightest lil thing ticks these rappers off, what was the point in dissing Nelly in the first place? Yes, I too believe Nelly's career is over andI've never bought or listened to a whole Nelly album in my life but for KRS to specifically call Nelly out was ridiculous. Nelly, like you said, makesteenage music that's not getting anyone hurt, shot or killed; you know, the same thing KRS preaches. People may consider Nelly a womaniser(sp?) but thechicks getting smashed to his music were whores far before his singles. As for the women at Spellman, they would've LOVED to see Nelly but the way thequestions asked to them were worded, they had to deny it out of fear of looking like whores. Kind've like the Imus nappy headed #$+@ statement, all theplayers made sure they HAD their hair done for their press conference. KRS utilizes alot of the same tactics as 50 Cent, I respect both but I def don'tagree with everything they do or say.

And I'm not defending Nelly, I'm defending common sense, helping invent something doesn't give you the right to dismiss everyone else. That wouldbe like the creator of basketball saying Jordan isn't a real basketball player just because he played differently. Legend or not, he can't confirmsomething as not hip hop just because he doesn't like it

Back
Top Bottom