KRS-One Attacked At His Own Show

^^^ I was just proving a point, but he does have other narrow minded points of view that I didn't feel like typing

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

Well who else has done what he's done, for as long as he's done it?? While you search for your imaginary answer hopefully you'll come to the conclusion that he has a reason to be "arrogant" . . . I mean if someone has done a lot for a culture and has no problem letting others know, why should that make ME feel a certain way?? Its hip hop, not cheerleading . . . Aint another MC that can compete with the likes of Rakim, G Rap, Kane, LL, then turn around and run an educational/spiritual/ community program, and still be able to lecture at some of the most prestigeous Ivy League schools, and continuesly tour for almost 20 years . . . Tell me who else has (and or IS doing that??) . . . I Mean it sounds silly to complain about a mans arrogance in 2008, when that same man battled and beat Melle Mel before most of us were even born . . . He said he was #1 20 years ago . . . And it was a hit, and now you sissies complain about his arrogance?? : lol
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
who has done what he has done?? I think he has a right to feel whatever way he feels, he's earned it . . . Probabaly the most RESPECTED MC of all time . . . How can he be arrogant??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'd hope some of you are smarter than what you show on NT . . . The worlds in a sad state . . . Stop being such wimps all the time . . .

As far as the "I am Hip Hop" he also says we all are hip hop . . . Thanks for leaving that out, in trying to prove your point . . .
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
not telling the WHOLE story
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This dude. You stay riding some NY dude, don't you? Note where I said KRS gets all the props in the world from me. Oh yeah....you left that part out onaccident. Don't come in here tryin' to son me, my dude. As stated earlier, I've been around and witnessed most of KRS' career--the good andthe bad. All the accolades in the world don't mean !%+* to me if you're a cocky dude. Sure, he has contributed A TON to hip-hop. Anyone whoquestions that is an idiot. But that doesn't mean I have to like him as a man. Accomplishments and attitude are two different things. You can respectone's achievements and not really feel them as a person, can you not?

And as far as who's done it for as long as him, what is he doing now? Okay, he lectures. Cool. He runs a spiritual center. Props. But what does thathave to do with hip-hop music? Nada. And I don't wanna hear about his most recent albums, because let's call a spade a spade and say they weren'tall that ill. Basically all he does now is sit on the sidelines like a grumpy old man and point fingers and complain. And some of the !%+* he says, I agreewith. But a lot of the time, he just comes off as a disgruntled dude.

As far as cheerleading, maybe you need to check yourself. If you can't see that someone can not feel one's disposition but still respect theiraccomplishments/contributions, you need to release the sack from your grip.

Good teachers do whatever thay have to to get through to students, I mean if someones feelings are hurt they know where the door is, but you can't let theways and actions of another man affect your feelings that much . . . Its just wimpy.

Yall acting like KRS asked for Nelly to be beheaded . . . Stop being such wimps all the time, this is quite sad . . . KRS One just speaks his mind and hisopinion is well respected across the board . . . You had Nelly sellin millions, and KRS selling hundreds of thousands, but he still has more respect becausethe people who buy Nelly's records for the most part are wimps, so he comes to Summer Jam like he's gonna be hot %@%@, and gets booed, by radiolisteners that heard his GOD awful music all year round . . . No surprise there. Yall kill me with this %@%@, actin all cheerleader-like give me a %%%!#@$break . . . This is like a support group in here

"He's soo arrogant . . . I'm losing sleep at night, I HATE KRS One"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You can't be serious, Nelly is a (()) point blank,he's your run of the mill kiddie rapper, nothing more nothing less, their careers don't last long, that's why he's doing what he's doin nowto stay relevant . . . KRS One IS hip hop, as we all are (well some of us), that's why he's getting smarter, and more effective as the years go on . .. Real ninjas respect him, its bigger than high school kids and wimps. He's respected not only in hip hop, across the board, if my memory serves he correcthe was the first rapper to hold a high rank at a major label, this was in the 90s . . . I mean even Nelly respects dude, that's why they're bothworking towards a common cause now . . .

Yall make this hip hop stuff sound wayyyyy too romantic, yall treat it like an ex girlfriend, don't want the next man hitting it (making money off hip hop)

Hip hop is more than music . . . If you guys didn't know . . .

I mean yall are so worried about building these bonds with rappers, talking about you "don't like him as a man" or a "person", wellhe's married . . . And I doubt he's adopting any grown men . . . Give me a %+$#!%% break
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I mean as far as his recent albums go, Istopped listening at Sneak Attack so I don't know, and for the most part don't care . . . Hip hop artists usually don't have the wine factor, soI'm not expecting to hear another Edutainment from KRS One, the same way I'm not expecting to hear a Mama Said Knock You Out from LL or Illmatic fromNas . . . But a mans "attitude" shouldn't play a role in the level of respect a fan should give him, unless of course you know him personally . ..

And I'm still wanna hear who has matched his accomplishments in as many fields as he has, for as long . . . I mean you can't say someones cocky orarrogant if their doing something that hasn't been matched in 20 years . . . And that's all subjective, I don't even find him to be"arrogant", I mean the dude came from a homeless shelter in the south Bronx to making hip hop history over 20 years . . . He's worked extremelyhard for everything he has, Nelly as well, so how can I be mad at him for voicing his own satisfaction with his accomplishments?? I don't see the logicthere, its just nit picking if you ask me . . .

I respect alotta stuff you say but you never really give actual rebuttals, you just keep reiterating the same things in different wording

I like Nellys music, I still support the man til this day and i will probably buy his new album when it drops however he is more Popish to me but its nothingreally wrong with that though.

Ok, Nelly makes more than KRS moneywise but does that really matter? If that is the case then you might as well say getting paid millions > hip hop that youlove. That is basically like playing yourself.

KRS is one of the guys that opened the door and i will always respect that.
The younger rappers out now that are true to what they do are opening more doors which is a great thing.

Im glad that KRS is okay though, to laugh at a man that gets hit with a bottle and says that he claims to be this and that is so immature. If that is how youfeel then fine however have you met him? Have you talked with him to know that he is honestly a jerk? If so then that is another story.

I'm one of the biggest KRS fans you'll ever find, not only for his music but for what he has done for the culture as a whole. Most of what KRS sayswhether you agree with it or not , its more than likely true. Now I'll admit every no and then he'll make some outlandish comments that not even Icould defend, but for the most part dude is dead on every time.

Alot of ppl say dude is arrogant/cocky. First of all he's a NY'er and by nature most of us are. Secondly he's an MC, what rapper isnt cocky andoverconfident in his/her self. And yeah Kris might get a little carried away at times but honestly how many of yall would'nt. Dude has been putting in workfor over 20 years now gets mentally domed by every rapper everywhere he goes. And I know the music forum is home to the humblest dudes in the world, but howlong would it take any of you guys to be cocky and arrogant for being respected like some holy figure by your peers for so long?

I could understand if alot of ppl dont like his music, not everyone likes everything and thats cool. But to straight up hate someone KRS because of a fewcomments dude has made over the past couple of years really shows the lack of knowledge some of yall have about yourculture.

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

Hip hop is more than music . . . If you guys didn't know . . .

I mean yall are so worried about building these bonds with rappers, talking about you "don't like him as a man" or a "person", well he's married . . . And I doubt he's adopting any grown men . . . Give me a %+$#!%% break
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I mean as far as his recent albums go, I stopped listening at Sneak Attack so I don't know, and for the most part don't care . . . Hip hop artists usually don't have the wine factor, so I'm not expecting to hear another Edutainment from KRS One, the same way I'm not expecting to hear a Mama Said Knock You Out from LL or Illmatic from Nas . . . But a mans "attitude" shouldn't play a role in the level of respect a fan should give him, unless of course you know him personally . . .

And I'm still wanna hear who has matched his accomplishments in as many fields as he has, for as long . . . I mean you can't say someones cocky or arrogant if their doing something that hasn't been matched in 20 years . . . And that's all subjective, I don't even find him to be "arrogant", I mean the dude came from a homeless shelter in the south Bronx to making hip hop history over 20 years . . . He's worked extremely hard for everything he has, Nelly as well, so how can I be mad at him for voicing his own satisfaction with his accomplishments?? I don't see the logic there, its just nit picking if you ask me . . .
I'm pretty sure we weren't talking about all his accomplishments, either. Stick to the script. Get off the man's nuts for a minute so youcan breath a little bit. I think the lack of oxygen is getting to you. You stay just saying the same thing every post while ignoring what others have said. How the hell can one have an intelligent convo with a dude who states everything as fact? You can't. And here you talk about "building bonds"with rappers. Ain't nobody concerned with all that, except you, over here defending dude like he's your blood brother.

Bottomline, in my opinion, putting in 20 years of work doesn't equal me automatically feeling everything you do or touch. Is it possible to respectone's accomplishments without liking him as a person? Answer that, Nay. The honest answer to that, which is clearly "yes", is my point. Nothing more, nothing less.

And honestly I could really care less what he's done for 20 years. Or who has done the same. That wasn't even the point of all this really. Like Ialready said, he gets props from me for his work in hip-hop, without a doubt. You're over here trying to prove moot points that nobody was even discussingin the first place, except you. You need to put the blunt down, homie. I respect a lot of what you say, but there are many times you just talk around incircles just arguing any point just to argue.

First of all he's a NY'er and by nature most of us are. Secondly he's an MC, what rapper isnt cocky and overconfident in his/her self. And yeah Kris might get a little carried away at times but honestly how many of yall would'nt. Dude has been putting in work for over 20 years now gets mentally domed by every rapper everywhere he goes.
Wow. I think we are going to disagree for the first time Send...... No disrespect, but who gives a I SH about NY's self-love, other thanNY'ers in the greater scheme of things.
Second, Kris speaks from a philosophy, not straight arrogance. He's been dropping metaphysics on dudes sine the late 80's. He has a basis for hisperspective, which is lacking in other emcees about 90% of the time. It's just straight ego & measuring the size of your johnson to the next man. Whichmakes most emcees not worth checking in the first place. I don't know dude personally, but the music he has put out sets him apart from the crowd.
His self actualization & awareness make him one of the greatest emcees IMO.

No disrespect, but who gives a I SH about NY's self-love, other than NY'ers in the greater scheme of things.

Yeah but thats exactly it. You from Jerz so I assume you've been around plenty of Ny'ers and you know for the most part we are an overconfident breedof ppl, so i could really understand how someone not familiar with that might misinterpret that as something else and think he's just talking out his *%#cause he likes the sound of his own voice.

Now add to that the respect he gets where ever he goes after so many years and yes even the mighty KRS will be a little arrogant. Now KRS is one of thoseMC's that I will defend to my dying day, but even I'll admit that sometimes I see clips of him acting and sounding like his #%#$ dontstink..........even though I dont blame him.

You from Jerz so I assume you've been around plenty of Ny'ers and you know for the most part we are an overconfident breed of ppl, so i could really understand how someone not familiar with that might misinterpret that as something else and think he's just talking out his *%# cause he likes the sound of his own voice.
I think you are misunderstanding me. KRS be on some whole other level even NY dudes don't be on. He has a groundwork, a blueprint for hiswords. Ask him to elaborate on a quote & dude will most certainly get deep. Even deeper than some superficial NY "swagger".
Metaphysics is a philosophy on the being & the world as a whole. That's why I say who gives a eff about some NY confidence when discussing his words.
Right or wrong, Kris will make you examine & think.
And don't try to play me like an out of towner, yall dudes are far from a mystery. Get outta here!!!!!
wink.gif

I'm some what of a KRS fan, and not at all a nelly fan. Il'l say that KRS has a foot in the foundation of hiphop and that shouldn't be discreditedby any idiot. However, a man needs to know his place regardless of how many fans you have, or how many records youv'e sold. Nelly's place was torespect KRS as a founding father of hiphop and to leave his antics on his side. KRS's approach to that battle was pathetic imo. I mean who battle'snelly? and actually names it a notch under a belt?

It seems KRS currently is going through the same thing GZA went through with the whole solja boy incident.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Its kinda true tho, dude acts if cats need to address him before they make a record or some %!!@.

It's not funny what happened to him, obviously, but this is so true. The way the guy talks about hip-hop you'd think he's the grandmaster of theentire culture.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

Probabaly the most RESPECTED MC of all time . . .
Exactly....... Kris has & will always be my favorite emcee (even when I disagree with his perspective). Dude said it a hundred times, "kings lose crowns, but teachers stay intelligent". You onionheads should zone on that for a minute.

pimp.gif

Of course you can respects one accomplishments without "liking" them, but this is hip hop NOT cheerleading, why the *@*# are you guys so concernedwith "liking" another #!++%###*+@#?? Where's the signifigance?? I mean you don't know him personally to say weather or not you like him ordislike him off of some soundbites, interviews and albums, son is like 45 years old, all we have is his music, aint none of us sat down with son to have anindepth conversation with him, to find out why he feels a certain way, but yall wanna parade around like some cheerleaders and jump up and say "Idon't like him" to be that sounds 100% (()), if you don't think so, you HAVE to be 100% (()) and unable to see #*%+ for what it is or ISN'Tsometimes . . .

I mean everyone should get money, why the *@*# not, but to what extreme are some willing to go to get that money?? I mean I know, every dollar aint a gooddollar . . . That's just how this life goes, but its crazy to say you dislike KRS One, especially cause yall are speaking on a personal level, when youdon't even know son . . . Your turned off by his arrogance as if he's gonna take you out or something, that is just feminine . . . I don't care howyou try to twist it, is (()), straight up and down . . . It makes you look bad . . . KRS One is goin be KRS One at the end of the day, I don't see howsomeone can be a part of hip hop as a fan and for some reason dislike him . . . You wanna dislike someone, there's rooms full of white executives that aretrying to destroy hip hop, go hate on them, go hate on their "arrogance", don't put energy into hating on a man who put his blood sweat and tearsinto this hip hop #*%+ . . . Go hate on people that's REALLY *!%$*@@ it up . . . If not, that makes you a coward off top in my eyes . . . You don'thave to agree with him, #*%+ I don't agree with some of what he says, but I respect his opinion and I'm willing to take into consideration whateverhe's willing to speak on, but at the end of the day I make up MY OWN MIND, no soundbite, or snippet, or even whole album is gonna make me dislike someoneto the point where I'm blindly taking shots as his character, and not his music . . . That's wack.

I remember a KRS line...

"Smash you in the face with a bottle, then switch back to a role model..."

Well, looks like he got smashed in the face and maintained civility. A little different than his bravado rhyme.

He gets all the props in the world from me.

But dude does think he is the !#%%. His arrogance is absurd and his "I am hip-hop" attitude has grown very tired and old. As much as he has done for hip-hop, his arrogance doesn't help a thing at all.
This is the best thing said in this entire thread.

And if I was there I would've PERSONALLY washed YOU up . . . Then we'll see who else you wanna throw objects at . . .

Yall are some punks, you wouldn't throw *%$%, I know that for a fact, you cowards will sit on the net and talk about throwing something, TRUST me, none ofyou would if you know what's good for you physically . . . Kids aint got No Respect, cause you've never gotten it yourself, so you're incapable ofgiving it to those that deserve it . . . That's what's wrong with yall wimps . . .

Back
Top Bottom