Kyle Cured Cancer ... 4/1/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP, remember to eat.
My dad had 30+ radiation sessions & a lot of chemo, BUT dude only lost like 10-15 lbs at most.
We weren't messing around with his nutrition, making sure dude got in at least 2000 calories daily.
Everyone else was looking like skeletons dropping 50-60 lbs from the same treatment, doctors were straight impressed with our family's tenacity.

Dad was diagnosed with Stage IV in 2012, and he's chilling right next to me right now looking healthier than me.

OP, remember to eat.
My dad had 30+ radiation sessions & a lot of chemo, BUT dude only lost like 10-15 lbs at most.
We weren't messing around with his nutrition, making sure dude got in at least 2000 calories daily.
Everyone else was looking like skeletons dropping 50-60 lbs from the same treatment, doctors were straight impressed with our family's tenacity.

Dad was diagnosed with Stage IV in 2012, and he's chilling right next to me right now looking healthier than me.
*salute* and *TheRockHandClap.gif*

Man that's rough. On the brighter side, it's 2015 and we know more about cancer treatment than ever before. You can beat this.

Best wishes, you're in my thoughts OP.

What stage are you?

I am 34 too. Something about this age has gotten me thinking. Maybe cause I am almost like half way to 70 or things that people do in their past start really catching up to them around this time or soon. I have a friend that has been smoking since 14 years old and now has smoked over 50% of his life. The dude is at a pack a day, smells like crap and doesn't take care of himself physically. Like it was all fun and games when we were young but I can only imagine what his lungs look like now. In theory I think the guy has like 20 years left at this rate. I almost think its crazy that he knows what he's going to die of and yet, he won't do a damn thing about it.

I had a couple of people that had cancer and if there is any advise I can give you is fight it and put a real effort into doing it. My uncle was stage 3 when he was diagnosed and cut drinking, eating specific things and more in order to stay alive. Doctors gave him only a couple of years and he lived 10 more. Don't take this for granted. Literally fight this bastard and think positive. All that seriously can help.

Good luck.

This is the trippy thing about health. There are those people that do all the smoking, drinking, bad diet, lack of exercise and yet they still live a long, regular life. Then you have the ones that are up on all the "scientific studies" on how to eat, sleep, etc and they get hit with a cancer out of the blue. Just goes to show, it doesn't matter what you do, anyone can get got.

Exactly. Life is crazy man..

Prayers out to you OP. My aunt is going throw breast cancer and it's been rough on me seeing what she has to go through.

HPV is the most common STD in US

I knew the affects in terms of ovarian cancer for women, thought it was dormant for males

Got me here running playback on all the unscrupulous kitty I've consumed over the years... :x

Prayers up OP.

Damn famb, sorry to hear and hope it all works out. At 32 that's some scary **** to start thinking about.

Ive heard that HPV mostly affects females and gives them cervical cancer and rarely has any affects on males.. its very unfortunate that this happened OP :smh:

You will make it through okay man dont give up! also i think its time to get a RV and start cooking meth

Damn OP .... Reading that made me tear up. I did cancer research as a post-doc at NYU and I know it's a tough thing to beat ... I've since moved on to an industry job but There is still Hope as scientist try to figure out better treatments and eventually something close to a cure....
Please keep yourself as upbeat as you can for your self and your kids especially ...
I'm 35 with 1 kid and can't even fathom how much u are going through man.
(Real tears)
Hang in there man ... Please...

Last edited:
Wish you the best NT fam. Stay strong. Best wishes to your friends and family too.

What city are you in bro? Maybe there are some local cats that you can chill with. Jut try to stay positive fam, it sounds cliche, but make sure you're taking advatage of every moment.

I don't want to be cliche with you and tell you things you've already heard so I'm just gonna be real.

My mom just died from cancer back in May. Right after my sons first birthday. Haven't gotten over it and it sucks. I hope the day comes for you when you won't have to fight no more. Good luck

What city are you in bro? Maybe there are some local cats that you can chill with. Jut try to stay positive fam, it sounds cliche, but make sure you're taking advatage of every moment.

I'm located in Allentown PA, which is kind of in between Philadelphia and NYC. I considered getting treated at Fox Chase in Philly, but logistically it didn't work for me. Driving an hour for 15 minute radiation treatments every day wasnt realistic. We are a big city though with good healthcare so I am confident I am going to get adequate treatment.

I must say though that having cancer has brought my friends and family closer. I wish it didn't take cancer for that to happen, but its whatever. I look forward to the most basic interactions and moments with those close to me. My friends are coming over saturday and we are going to play cards, my girl is going to cook, and we are just going to chill. Life is still alright...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom