Kyrie 1

Nowadays people have the mindset that a product needs to sellout the first day to determine if they like it or not. I'll continue to buy what I want regardless of approval from the masses

This. Repped.

You forgot to rustle the jimmies of those who determine if they like a shoe or not on wether they can resell numerous pairs.

Last edited:
Exactly. Even when I know a shoe is gonna sit in stores, I'd rather cop online and do the 5 day wait. Some stores are better than others, but I hate the feeling employees give off like they're doing you a favor by getting you your shoes from the back, especially the impatient look on their faces as you're looking at your shoes or trying them on.

I'd rather grab a pair from NDC and know that no employee has tried my pair on and walked around the back in them for half a shift. Call me what you like but I love knowing that I'm the first person to pull that factory laced knot apart and being able to enjoy that first in-hand experience without someone breathing down my neck for a sale.

Your money, so you're entitled to your preferences. I do both methods, but if a shoe ain't looking right, or if an employees has an outright stank attitude with me, I admonish them, and I let their Daddy err Manager know. Managers care heavily about their precious sales.

I don't expect an employee to be knowledgable about sneakers. I rather them not give me an autobiography on every sneaker I pick up.

Last edited:
People ate these up at my HOH only had 10.5 and a 13 (picked up the 13.)

Other HOH has an 11.5 going to try it on because I'm a 12. The 13 is fine except for the swimming pool in the toe.

Last edited:
Man these are pretty sick in person. Kinda hoped they'd be more flexible since I use my shoes for breakdancing.

id rather cop, and do, online anyday than deal with the fools who work at the store and the foolishness at the mall, thats prob just me though

if i had a nickel for everytime an employee had NO clue what they were talkin bout ......
mean.gif

glad this was an easy one. dont dig the bhms, so its time for that Cavs Id
Which Cavs ID you making?  Thinking about that one he wore in Brooklyn myself.  Im also not feeling the BHM colorway so passing on that one.

Grabbed my pair today and I might wear em idk. They nice though for sure a dope ball shoe. As a first shoe Kyrie is doing well for himself as long as the CWs are right.

I think you all should wait ondemand month for the all star kyrie signature. If you had to choose one that is....

The all star might be hard to get your hands on. We all know how Nike likes to hype up a shoe or colorway. They make them super limited then all of a sudden all of the hype beasts and resellers want them

Which Cavs ID you making?  Thinking about that one he wore in Brooklyn myself.  Im also not feeling the BHM colorway so passing on that one.

i think the bhm is nice, just not for me

ima bout to make the all team red (burgendy) with yellow speckles on midsole, yellow laces, yellow swoosh

so happy people are havin NO problems gettin these, lets hope it continues throughout !

Why get up if you don't have to. Besides most of us are getting some type of online rebate which stores don't offer and saved $ for gas, shall I continue. I think I will, besides the majority aren't wearing them or will wait so everyone isn't wearing the same shoe at the same time at the same place. Def directed @ 1 person. Hope you stopped @ the food court and bought your Ice cream
Exactly!  That Finish Line 9% cash back
pimp.gif

These we're a little bit more limited around my way. I spoke to the girl at champs an asked how much did they get in. She told on popular sizes only 2 per size and the rest only one per size.

Nice feedback on the online vs in person shoe purchasing! I've personally been on both sides of the fence. The area I use to live in was more of a Jordan area so Kobe's, Lebron's, KD's themed packs (ASG) or releases like the Corks, What The series, and etc would NEVER come out there (that area later received two HOHs but still doesn't get a lot of releases) so I'd have to resort to NDC (online) where I stroke out NUMEROUS times due to:

1.Re-sellers
2.Bots
3.Getting cart jacked before I could check out lol
4.Drop to cart services
5.TLO not actually being TLO
6. Faster Internet Speeds
7. Site Crashes

Also with limited releases it can be a task just to get the shoe at times, due to a lot of people trying to check out at the same time, so trying to add coupon codes could be risky and on certain release promo codes aren't allowed. Now with GR of course most of those problems wouldn't be a factor. I've personally used birthday coupons and footlocker platinum club vouchers on a ton releases in person, even on some releases that where excluded from discount online so I guess it all depends. But if the ASG Kyrie 1's are going to be as limited as people are saying, I'd suggest using every resource available online or in store.

Last edited:
These DR look so much better in person just like the Dreams. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my local HOH gets the BHM.

Man....

I just played in these for the first time. I'm not exaggerating when I say it might have been the worst feeling basketball shoe I've ever played in my entire life. So flat and stiff. Terrible traction. Zero cushioning. Felt scared to even make the cuts I wanted to because my foot couldn't even ******* bend.

Shoe looks amazing in person and will look great with joggers. So I think that's what I may stick with doing with these cause I'm scared that these shoes could legitimately cause an injury to me on the basketball court. Nike took a big F on the basketball performance of both the KD's and Kyrie's this year.

Man....

I just played in these for the first time. I'm not exaggerating when I say it might have been the worst feeling basketball shoe I've ever played in my entire life. So flat and stiff. Terrible traction. Zero cushioning. Felt scared to even make the cuts I wanted to because my foot couldn't even ******* bend.

Shoe looks amazing in person and will look great with joggers. So I think that's what I may stick with doing with these cause I'm scared that these shoes could legitimately cause an injury to me on the basketball court. Nike took a big F on the basketball performance of both the KD's and Kyrie's this year.

never heard any bad reviews about this shoe on the court. the traction has been rated 5 stars by everyone. its just full herringbone, no gimmicks. i dont see how it could have poor traction, but thats your personal opinion on it. sucks that you dont like em to play in. everyone i know that has played in em absolutely loves em

Man....

Only thing bad I have ever heard is that there is some heel slippage but everyone has different feet.

That could have been the court but man these shoes fit crazy tight even after I re-laced it really do have to break them in so it could have been that too on the feel. But these are perfect for joggers.

I don't know what exactly people could like about these things as far as actual performance...they're solid as a damn rock and have zero cushioning to speak of. I'm not sure if the guys that reviewed them played on some prestine gripping courts or what but the one I played on today wasn't too bad yet I was slipping all over the place with the flat sole of this shoe, especially on spin moves.

I got so pissed off after a few games of not being able to do what I wanted on the court cause of the damn shoes that I took them off and played the last game in my Huaraches Runners :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom