Kyrie 1

They're a performance brand.. Why would they care about lifestyle/streetwear? They need more signature players to give their brand more exposure.. Not crossover designs
Then they will remain niche.  You want to make Nike money, you need to crossover.  If I am a sig player, I choose Nike every time because they will be able to put those shoes on a lot  more people than UA. 

They're a performance brand.. Why would they care about lifestyle/streetwear? They need more signature players to give their brand more exposure.. Not crossover designs
Then they will remain niche.  You want to make Nike money, you need to crossover.  If I am a sig player, I choose Nike every time because they will be able to put those shoes on a lot  more people than UA. 
this is the only reason nike has taken control of the market, from getting the right players to making sure everything is as wearable as functional however the wearable is completely opinionated

this is the only reason nike has taken control of the market, from getting the right players to making sure everything is as wearable as functional however the wearable is completely opinionated
Yup.  I look at a pair of KD7's or Kyries, and I wear them. I like the fit, I like the look and apparently they work well on the court as well cause professional NBA'ers are rocking them on court.  Then I look at Steph Curry's shoe and even though they might be great on court, I wouldn't be able to wear them.

I don't ball so I don't care much about performance on court, aesthetic wise UA is garbage. Their on court designs need to cross over into streetwear, which they are not doing.

Football is a little different - people don't wear football pads, or their cleats out, so people will buy the product based on performance.

Until UA's design team can create an on court, lifestyle/streetwear type hybrid they will have issues with basketball

I agree they are strictly for performance but they are only a couple years into focusing on basketball. Maybe they will make them look good for casual wear too In the future. I'm just happy Nike might be getting some competition which will help bring the prices down a bit or at least keep them where they are at.

Last edited:
I agree they are strictly for performance but they are only a couple years into focusing on basketball. Maybe they will make them look good for casual too In the future. I'm just happy Nike might be getting some competition which will help bring the prices down a bit or at least keep them where they are at.
Hey if they can make a nice shoe Ill down with it.  Competition is always good for us consumers so bring it on.

So I just got done hooping in DR's and I really like these. 

Traction is really good IMO. I only had to wipe once  and it was only due to habit 

Like Stated Before they are stiff at first but after about 20 minutes they are good to go. 

Lock down is great. no foot slipping and sliding inside shoe, Normally I have to re tie my shoes a lot through out the course. NOT EVEN ONCE DID I TOUCH THE LACES. tied them once at they stayed tied. ( shout out to Nike For that)

ventilation is could use improvement however.

Cushion is better than I thought. I first thought was " ok , My forefoot is going to be fine due to zoom and my heel is going to suffer but neither did." really comfortable. 

I am sold on these 100%. 

I am looking forward to more Colorways. Still on Fence about BHM, Cannot wait to see ASG (
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
)

Last edited:

Just got notification from NBA Store that they do not know when they will have the DRs.
Bet your reaction matched you avi. No but seriously, that sux. We're you are to score anywhere?
LOL.  Just wanted to get them through them for the extra discount.  Gotta be quick with them because they seem to carry very limited quantities of shoes.

I didn't pick them up yet.  Waiting for a voucher from Nike and if I get it in time, I will get it through them.  Otherwise, most places still seem to have them in stock, so not in a hurry to get them.

Anyone know how long before new releases get taken off exclusion from bday coupons?
Should be 2 weeks but I've had success in the stores around me shortly after release.  Sometimes it depends on the shoe and sometimes if depends on the manager.  If they know the shoe will move regardless of discount, they're more reluctant to honor it.

Edit:  I don't think it is 2 weeks.  I may have been confusing it with when you are able to stock locate after a release.  I think Jordan Retros and Nike signature shoes are excluded completely but the manager can choose to accept it if they wish.

Last edited:
Can I just show them the coupon through my phone or should I print it out? Going to try this at Champs

Can I just show them the coupon through my phone or should I print it out? Going to try this at Champs
I usually print it out, but you may be able to show the phone.  I guess my thought with printing it out is that it's more official, but that's probably overthinking on my part. Everything is digital these days so it should be commonplace

I haven't had any issues using it outside of my bday month but I have heard a couple that were rejected here and there.  At worst they just don't accept it.

Last edited:
iks mod iks mod

How are these as far as hooping? Think they'd have any durability outdoors? I ask cause I don't want really expensive kicks for when it gets nicer out to hoop outside with. I read your initial thoughts description, but I know the homie's got a in-depth review on the horizon :tongue:

Have people seen XDR versions of these? That might be the way I go for when it gets a little warmer - some DRs in XDR on the blacktop would be FIRE lol...

Back
Top Bottom