Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alma Matter

• Duke

• Easter

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Dont take my word. Just my opinion but if you miss out on these you should absolutely be able to order them online.
Ok. Thats the answer I was really looking for. I was just worried I would go to the store and find out they were oos and then come home and find out they were oos online too. Thanks again 

Ok. Thats the answer I was really looking for. I was just worried I would go to the store and find out they were oos and then come home and find out they were oos online too. Thanks again 
DR 1s was around for a second. Many people are starting to warm up to these. 1st GR btw. Should be easy as long as your prompt. Local over online when shoe has small hype.

I'll probably still be out when infernos drop 
laugh.gif

Effect and Christmas were both $165 in Canada, yet Infernos, a GR, are $5 more. Going to be really disappointed if BHM are PRM, and boost the price to $190.

Inflation :rofl:

Everything has had a low-key $5 price bump across the catalog; Tech Fleece pants are $120 for example. It's just dumb that a price had been set, and they just increase it randomly. Other Christmas pack sneakers had a PRM bump while Kyrie's didn't, and the Effect didn't have a price bump despite he fact that the Kyrie's 1 Dream had a $5 QS bump in release.

Just kind of dumb and random to start changing the prices on a GR like this, and it does make me nervous that we're getting close to the $200 range with this model. Though ultimately I think that will yield more shelf time/fast markdowns like every other Basketball model this year.

Laces getting ate up. I think it was from the velcro and a snag that was in the lace that i shouldve cut. Tossed em in my gym bag and they came out like this View media item 1848815
My only other gripe is i think the tongue is a little too big/high

Laces getting ate up. I think it was from the velcro and a snag that was in the lace that i shouldve cut. Tossed em in my gym bag and they came out like this

My only other gripe is i think the tongue is a little too big/high
damn! lol it kinda looks like those hairy caterpillar tho ahhaha

Yeah, saw that this morning actually. Must have been a pricing error on the other sites pre-stocking them at $170.
Our currency is garbage right now. It's so sad, because I'm getting paid in Canadian dollars even though my company deals in USD. Hoping Tredeau being in government and either Hillary or Trump being president pulls them together. 

Its crazy if u think about it for us canadians cause last year the kyrie 1 was 139$ now its 165$ is next year gonna be 200$ lol and with barely any tech thats not right at all its seriously borderline crazy but we all know we will still buy lol

Our currency is garbage right now. It's so sad, because I'm getting paid in Canadian dollars even though my company deals in USD. Hoping Tredeau being in government and either Hillary or Trump being president pulls them together. 

Our currency is just such a joke. I can't complain now because I'm mostly being paid in U.S. Currency. Funny because when I first started at my job in 2010, it was like the one time in history where the Canadian dollar was demonstrably better than the U.S., and it pissed me off so much.

On topic, seems like the Effect pair has sold out in the Toronto area? I live outside the city now and tried calling around, nothing popped up. Dreams sat for a bit when they released.

If there's one thing rising prices does--it brings in discounts faster. Lebron 13s were 40% off after barely 3 weeks. Ky's won't hit that, but aside from pairs I really want, I'm looking forward to grabbing a pair that sits like Christmas, or probably Infernos to just dig into on court for a good price. Actually a big fan of the Christmas colorway, just don't want to go near it at that price.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the Infernos :pimp:

Won't make the same mistake I did with the Deceptive Reds (took me forever to find them)

Our currency is just such a joke. I can't complain now because I'm mostly being paid in U.S. Currency. Funny because when I first started at my job in 2010, it was like the one time in history where the Canadian dollar was demonstrably better than the U.S., and it pissed me off so much.

On topic, seems like the Effect pair has sold out in the Toronto area? I live outside the city now and tried calling around, nothing popped up. Dreams sat for a bit when they released.

If there's one thing rising prices does--it brings in discounts faster. Lebron 13s were 40% off after barely 3 weeks. Ky's won't hit that, but aside from pairs I really want, I'm looking forward to grabbing a pair that sits like Christmas, or probably Infernos to just dig into on court for a good price. Actually a big fan of the Christmas colorway, just don't want to go near it at that price.
As far as I know, the Effects were only sold at the HoH near the Eaton Centre. Went to the footlocker in the mall on release day after work (around 6pm) and they said the HoH will have it the next day. Went to the HoH right after and they said my size was sold out as soon as they opened the doors. Really the only ball shoes that I want so far next year are one pair of Kyrie's. Possibly the ASG if they leak any pictures. That and a pair of Lillard 2s (also hopefully the ASGs). Maybe I'll grab the inferno's instead and a pair of Lillard ASGs (also digging the one coming out on the 22nd which was also released a few days ago). I have a few team assist coupons for $20 off, which would still make the price of the Kyrie's like $145 at the minimum. That's only $5 cheaper than the Rose 6 and $5 more expensive than the Curry 2s... Which seem to be getting much better reviews. Shame really that they're pricing the shoe fairly accurately in terms of the currency conversion but it feels so damn expensive.

Back
Top Bottom