kyrie irving + anta basketball

Just realized the initial all black pair he had on during the regular season were actually the prototypes he was seen wearing recently.. the ones with the green lace accents/lacetips. I'll take both the Kai 1 and those prototypes in all black if they do us right and release those too.

I can't find a good picture but he had them on when he dropped 42 on the Pelicans, might've been wearing the black long sleeve as well with the all black Mavs jersey.
There's pics of them in the thread gallery. Looks like from March 15th.

IMG_5556.jpeg

He wore these again just the other night (days after the release of the Kai 1). Wondering if these are a takedown model or maybe a playoff version?

JS”
dasitmane dasitmane Thank you.

Yes, this pair. So maybe these will release too right? Anyone? Who’s the Anta guy?

Just realized the initial all black pair he had on during the regular season were actually the prototypes he was seen wearing recently.. the ones with the green lace accents/lacetips. I'll take both the Kai 1 and those prototypes in all black if they do us right and release those too.

I can't find a good picture but he had them on when he dropped 42 on the Pelicans, might've been wearing the black long sleeve as well with the all black Mavs jersey.
Don’t know that yet, it could be a different model. And it looks vastly superior and less over designed. The best one of the one they released with the strap is by far the chief hela with the tassels that look like the moccasins are the best ones because they’re monochromatic besides the gum sole because it drowns out that over busy design

Don’t know that yet, it could be a different model. And it looks vastly superior and less over designed. The best one of the one they released with the strap is by far the chief hela with the tassels that look like the moccasins are the best ones because they’re monochromatic besides the gum sole because it drowns out that over busy design
Moccasins don’t do anything for me, none of them really do except the Artist On Court (a little bit). The two playoff colors were underwhelming to say the least.

Triple black is hands down the best for me.. in both models. A little color Mavs related would’ve been nice, little blue hits on maybe the logos but still a day one purchase nonetheless. I saw official pics loaded up on IG, allinlive to be exact. Still no info though lol

Moccasins don’t do anything for me, none of them really do except the Artist On Court (a little bit). The two playoff colors were underwhelming to say the least.

Triple black is hands down the best for me.. in both models. A little color Mavs related would’ve been nice, little blue hits on maybe the logos but still a day one purchase nonetheless. I saw official pics loaded up on IG, allinlive to be exact. Still no info though lol
Oh, I’m not gonna wear the Pocahontas joints, I just think they would look cool as a collectors item. They all have been trash. The model is hideous, super over designed reeks of trying too hard. The logo is a vast improvement over the Nike one however, whatever that other model he’s wearing that doesn’t have the strap, looks far better and it’s still not great. They still look very bootleg Chinese trying too hard type ****. I even feel that of the way of wade shoes.

They do, to me, but I don't mind that style at all. I don't know what "trying too hard" means in this context since so many shoes from companies like UA or Puma are so basic it's painful (I mean look at Puma's basketball shoes, they are all just so formulaic it's like the same mold with ever so slight tweaks its pathetic).

But a lot of these chinese companies make absolutely beautiful shoes. Look in the Li-Ning thread. Literally dozens of designs that **** on half the stuff Nike basketball has out for people who actually play. Weirdly enough some of the really nice Nike designs are on some of their cheapest stuff that you'd barely feel comfortable letting 4th graders play in.

And these are right along in line with the chinese companies. So I agree, but that's a feature, not a bug.

Now, them overdoing it on this specific shoe sucks, but that's a separate issue.

I mean he said the brown ones look cool as a collector’s and then followed up the next sentence by saying they’re all trash. What are we doing here? :lol:
The design is trash. The brown ones a) dull down the hideously over sculpted design language by being monochromatic and b) those are super unique looking and a call back to his customed Nikes to disguise the logoing from the all star game a year ago. And it fits his whole Rafiki *** persona he tries to portray and present … they’re the most “Kyrie” of all of them to me. And they’re more unique than anything else on the court. Two things can be true or believed.

Imagine repeating that opinion practically every time you post in this thread of a shoe you don’t like, but yet want to get a pair of, and continually keep pushing. Crazy.

Woah, going through the gallery to see if I missed any other pics/color ways and I haven’t seen the all whites until now.. both are an instacop if possible. Crazy how I feel like I’ve been so starved of such simple colors that I’d contemplate doubling on an all black/white sneaker 😂
So far these are listed as Grade School
All four of them? That’d be a terrible move for the first two.. 🤦🏻‍♂️

So a couple of quick questions for those who have bought Kai’s from ANTA on release day..

How easy have recent color ways been to obtain? The first ones I went for were pretty limited, but looking at resale prices for current colors and they’re not too much over box..

Do they sit in stock for a few hours/days or is it a day one purchase?

Thanks in advance.

So a couple of quick questions for those who have bought Kai’s from ANTA on release day..

How easy have recent color ways been to obtain? The first ones I went for were pretty limited, but looking at resale prices for current colors and they’re not too much over box..

Do they sit in stock for a few hours/days or is it a day one purchase?

Thanks in advance.
It’s a day one purchase. They don’t usually hang around for long. They have been doing an email sign up/reserve that will give you a guaranteed pair for a certain amount of time. So I’d sign up for their email notifications.

Back
Top Bottom