Kyrie Irving's ball control

Why would one assume the Cleveland franchise isnt going anywhere though ? They came off a stretch where they were consistently deep in the post season, their star left and they were QUICK to find the next guy who can fill that void . Last time i checked theyve had far more success than the Knicks in the last decade and im sure yall would LOVE to see him in a Knick uniform.

Dont the Cavs have a dumb amount of draft picks next year too? Theyre on their way to building a nice little core. I really hope Kyrie stays and they can make some noise in the East in these next few years.

Just watching him got me thinking how cray it would be if they lost that tiebreaker to the hornets and ended up with the #1 pick this year as well. wow

While on the subject of Kyrie, I think most NTers would agree he's close to or already has surpassed John Wall for recent PGs selected #1 overall (fair or not). However, is there anyone on this board that believes Irving has the talent and potential to become the best point in the NBA over CP3, D. Rose, Deron, Russy, and Rondo within the next two to three years? 
For me, what separates Irving immediately is that he possesses a natural, elite (for PGs) jump shot. Deron is the only one out of the top five I specifically named that comes close in that respective department. It's clear Kyrie is going to have a monster 2012-2013 season, assuming Thompson shows growth and Waiters contributes (streaky) offense. 

Originally Posted by Young ThunderCat

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Too be fair.... most NBA level PGs will CARVE up a full-court press/trap

With that being said...

+10 style points

Child please.

you act like the kid said something wrong.

grin.gif
I'd normally let this slide but... I'm 26 y/o 
grin.gif

Why you think Rick Pitino's press didnt work in Boston? or were you too young to remember that?

Honestly... I defintely think he'll be in the conversation of top 5-6 pgs in the league in 2yrs.

His game is just that smooth. He's nasty like Chris off the pick and roll with a jumper like Deron and plays defense.

Sans any injury, praying he doesn't bc it killed me when it happened to Pooh, He'll be a problem.for yrs on end.

MaxElite wrote:
Child please.

grin.gif
grin.gif

Why you think Rick Pitino's press didnt work in Boston? or were you too young to remember that?

laugh.gif

my fault...but im on your side of the argument. It would be just silly to try and press a starting pg in the nba.  

Good, fair response, Cake. Despite being an ardent Sixers fan, the D. Rose injury pained me as well for long-term implications. Never want to see that happen to any player, playoffs or not. With that being said, I am also concerned Pooh's explosiveness and first step won't ever quite be the same. Unless Rose is forced to adapt and develop a more consistent mid-range to long-range jumper, it's completely reasonable to consider and believe that Pooh will drop a slight step in the conversation for top PGs because of his reliance on getting to the hoop. Rondo needs to continue developing his offensive game (scoring). If Rajon can produce anything remotely close to Game 2 against the Heat with his scoring, obviously because of his other strong attributes (passing, defense, and rebounding), Rondo hypothetically would be in the conversation for best in the league. Russy's my guy, but he can improve with his shot selection at times and overall decision-making. He's still learning the PG position, something most critics don't mention enough, that running the point is unnatural to Westbrook. To me, Deron's shooting and scoring is elite (perhaps better than all five elite PGs I mentioned), but he honestly doesn't have Rondo's court vision, CP3's decision-making in clutch situations, Pooh's explosive first step to the basket (which admittedly may never be the same), or Russy's strong left (weak) hand finishing. Lastly, CP3 has been my #1 PG for the better part of the past three or so years, even after D. Rose's MVP campaign last year and the constant Paul vs. Deron debates. The thing I like about Paul most is he's unselfish and makes everyone around him better while doing nearly everything a point is asked of on a consistent night-in, night-out basis at a great to elite level. CP3 can pass, shoot, drive, finish, and defend all at a great to elite level. That's what separates him for me at this point, maybe, just maybe Kyrie can change that. In my eyes, Irving will undoubtedly be a fringe top-5 PG candidate after a strong 2012-2013 season with substantial competition at the position. It's not like SG where the talent fades somewhat after the elite two of Kobe and Flash. I suppose you could include Beard as well depending on who you ask. 

Child please.

grin.gif
grin.gif

Read what you initially wrote and watch that gif of Kyrie again.

I don't know too many NBA PGs that can do that, PERIOD.

Yes NBA guards are good but theyre not carving up full court presses by themselves like that.

Im older than you btw so again, child please
grin.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif

Read what you initially wrote and watch that gif of Kyrie again.

I don't know too many NBA PGs that can do that, PERIOD.

Yes NBA guards are good but theyre not carving up full court presses by themselves like that.

Im older than you btw so again, child please
grin.gif
I stand by my statement. 
Because Kyrie was showing out he got you slurpin?
Act like NBA dudes are bum status... this the NBA bruh 
indifferent.gif

nice handles. for some reason it got me thinking of when skip was toying with sasha at the end of the rockets/lakers gm when they were on that crazy streak

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

While on the subject of Kyrie, I think most NTers would agree he's close to or already has surpassed John Wall for recent PGs selected #1 overall (fair or not). However, is there anyone on this board that believes Irving has the talent and potential to become the best point in the NBA over CP3, D. Rose, Deron, Russy, and Rondo within the next two to three years? 
For me, what separates Irving immediately is that he possesses a natural, elite (for PGs) jump shot. Deron is the only one out of the top five I specifically named that comes close in that respective department. It's clear Kyrie is going to have a monster 2012-2013 season, assuming Thompson shows growth and Waiters contributes (streaky) offense. 

I wouldn't write Wall off.  If it wasn't for Blake's redshirt year, he would have been ROY.  IMO, I think Wall is the better passer/playmaker.  Irving KILLS him with the shooting, but it's honestly hard to put one ahead of the other.  Going solely off of their rookie years, I think it's a push.  Wall did have a bumpy start to the 11-12 season, but he finished strong.  I'm going to be interested to see if Irving doesn't hit that sophomore slump and if Wall can take his game to the next level since he won't be playing with as many boneheads.  Both guys, IMO, have the POTENTIAL to be top-5 talents at the 1 in few years.  This is a great time to be a NBA fan if you like PG play.  The position is so strong across the board. 

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

This dude Animal Thug is the MOST sensitive about ANYTHING Cleveland related.
laugh.gif

Not really. Instead of everyone appreciating Irvings game and his potential everyone is just focusing on him leaving his team in the future. Very annoying and it's exactly what's wrong with the NBA an it's fans. I don't see him as sensitive.. I see him being annoyed while everyone else is bitter cause they want Irving.

Originally Posted by Jay02

laugh.gif

Not really. Instead of everyone appreciating Irvings game and his potential everyone is just focusing on him leaving his team in the future. Very annoying and it's exactly what's wrong with the NBA an it's fans. I don't see him as sensitive.. I see him being annoyed while everyone else is bitter cause they want Irving.

Exactly.

Fans in miami are fickle, and it has nothing to do with the weather. That goes for all sports. The marlins attendance in that old stadium was
sick.gif
I would say fans down here have the most passion for the dolphins and hurricanes, and I can't recall the last time either sold out a game. pathetic really

Originally Posted by Jay02

laugh.gif

"Everyone" is a vast overstatement. A few people say something and others might do it to intentionally annoy Cavs fans, but either way.. they're the minority. 

Back
Top Bottom