Kyrie Irving's ball control

Oh I wasn't taking a shot at you personally at all. Didn't mean for it to come off that way. Just saying people in this thread are going nuts over a highlight video. That's all. I don't disagree with your assessment of Wall at all. He definitely needs at the very least a mid range J. He'd become literally unguardable. it's funny you said those four though because they, imo, have the most potential out of any pg's in the league(maybe Rubio as well). To me Wall may be a super athletic Rondo...which is damn good. 

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

At 00:54
sick.gif
�My son had the defender on skates

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]That part of the video is cool and everything, but he gained NO ground doing all those moves[/color].�

Personally, ill take a simple move performed quickly and efficiently to gain an advantage over someone whos dribbling for the sake of trying to show off skills.

Kyrie
pimp.gif

I mean, he WAS toying with them and did it for show.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Oh I wasn't taking a shot at you personally at all. Didn't mean for it to come off that way. Just saying people in this thread are going nuts over a highlight video. That's all. I don't disagree with your assessment of Wall at all. He definitely needs at the very least a mid range J. He'd become literally unguardable. it's funny you said those four though because they, imo, have the most potential out of any pg's in the league(maybe Rubio as well). To me Wall may be a super athletic Rondo...which is damn good. 

I don't know that you can compare Wall to Rondo like that.  What makes Rondo so good is an incredible competitive intelligence and X-factor.  I don't think Wall's shown he has that yet.
Of course, playing with the lowest-IQ squad in the NBA will probably work to mask a PG's intelligence.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Honestly... I defintely think he'll be in the conversation of top 5-6 pgs in the league in 2yrs.

His game is just that smooth. He's nasty like Chris off the pick and roll with a jumper like Deron and plays defense.

Sans any injury, praying he doesn't bc it killed me when it happened to Pooh, He'll be a problem.for yrs on end.
Agree 100% with this.

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Honestly... I defintely think he'll be in the conversation of top 5-6 pgs in the league in 2yrs.

His game is just that smooth. He's nasty like Chris off the pick and roll with a jumper like Deron and plays defense.

Sans any injury, praying he doesn't bc it killed me when it happened to Pooh, He'll be a problem.for yrs on end.
Agree 100% with this.
laugh.gif

Kyrie does not play defense well

I will say this rookie guards always get killed on d their first year in the league so give Kyrie some time on that front. 

I don't like Tyreke as a facilitating PG, but dude is top 3 when it comes to handles/ball-control...

Is the And-1 era bout to come back
grin.gif
? All those moves are impressive but it really doesnt have any impact. I was waiting for him to split the defense and score on that play he went under the legs on Kobe, but the clip stop.
the crossover has to be the most overated sport move ever......

I was wondering if that Kyrie video had made it over the NT.

What impressed me the moist is how he made THOSE dudes look like little kids. That made no sense at all. I watched that video like 10 times.

Now as far as this recent PG battle.

Kyrie
Wall
Rubio (who I haven't seen mentioned)

Kyrie: plays with better pace than Wall. Wall is just OC. We know that, he has to learn how to use his gears better. Jumper is wet so he already has a one up over the other 2.

Wall: The common theme around here is he spent too much time playing streetball games and didn't put enough work in last summer. While I can't agree with the logic there SOMETHING went wrong. I was expecting more but again, it is only year 2 so I am not trippin like the rest of yall. Year 2. Year 2. Year 2. He has plenty of time.

Rubio: Feel for the game is unmatched by any of the 3. I enjoy watching him the most. Jumpshot needs work but it got better since 2008. He isn't much of a scorer but so what. It doesn't hurt honestly. Just mad we can't see him this summer.

But if I had to bet on it and say how things will look in 10 years.

Kyrie
Rubio
Wall

I also like seeing how they progress when I sim on 2K12 into year 2012. Kyrie usually ends up winning a few MVPs and has a higher rating than the other 2.

Back
Top Bottom