**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

laugh.gif

Ball's ability to push the ball with purpose was on full display yesterday. Whether it was a direct pass or a pass leading to a pass, he created so many easy baskets for the other guys. Thomas Bryant and KK also played really well. Ware, too.

Any word on whether BI is officially pulled?

Last edited:
One preseason game. :lol:

I swear this fan base can be straight dumb.

Obviously everyone knows it's one game. Summer league at that.
But with all the hype and "face of the franchise" talk and trading Dlo to make it Zo's team and "I don't get nervous from basketball", I expected more than 5 pts on 2-15 shooting, especially after every other top 5 pick balled out.

Not saying he's a bust or won't have a great career, but I expected a better debut against mostly scrubs who won't be in the league

I don't think that's unreasonable

Last edited:
But with all the hype and "face of the franchise" talk and trading Dlo to make it Zo's team and "I don't get nervous from basketball", I expected more than 5 pts on 2-15 shooting, especially after every other top 5 pick balled out.

Not to mention people keep saying it is one damn game.  It's not, these flaws were very apparent in college as well, they just showed more on the summer league level against better competition.

The pressure on Zo ....yeesh! I hope the boy can handle it.
Pegged as LA's savior with your pops adding the biggest target on your back as rookie ever. My gawd. I'm hoping the best for the youngin this year.

One preseason game. :lol:

I swear this fan base can be straight dumb.

Not saying he's a bust or won't have a great career, but I expected a better debut against mostly scrubs who won't be in the league

Why would you expect him to live up to "face of the franchise" in the pre-season though?

Maybe it's cuz I've never cared about pre-season but I don't expect nothing from anybody in the preseason. If it ain't regular season I honestly don't care.

And best believe he'll have some bad regular season games. Can only imagine the crazy **** dudes will be saying then. :lol:

my only hope for the kid is that he will genuinely work on changing his shot form because it is so damn limiting.

The good news is no one shot the 3 well yesterday. Any game. Blame it on the rim :lol:.

Most likely everyone is still adjusting to the NBA 3.

Lavar Ball had some of you guys too gassed up thinking Lonzo was gonna be a star right away.

my only hope for the kid is that he will genuinely work on changing his shot form because it is so damn limiting.
but the shots he missed were all wide open.  I'm sure he shoots 90% with this form in practice.
Everyone has bad shooting nights...Kobe had a ton of them too in this career, it's just one game

Lonzo needs to work on trying to create contact though
He can't get away with not doing that anymore....if your shot ain't falling, drive it in and try to create fouls on the other team

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom