**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

u sign Deng as your main wing defender and he hasn't contributed defensively. The personnel just isn't there. I mean your best defenders are Nance, Swaggy & Mozgov (Ingram too) and that's honestly it. I don't blame Luke, they need better defensive personnel.

Last edited:

I'd trade DLo for Dunn in a heartbeat. Dunn was my next choice if we didn't draft Ingram
Lmfao Dunn is like 2 years older than Dlo and can't even crack the lineup in Minnesota
Dunn is a talent. The only reason he can't crack the lineup is because of Rubio and Lavine, who both play more than 30+ minutes a night.

You give Dunn the starting PG job in LA and I guarantee you he shines. Dude can play D, can penetrate and score, and is the type of slashing PG we need. Dude is a lightweight John Wall.

Y'all will see later this season once Rubio is out for an extended period. There's a reason Min drafted Dunn ahead of other solid players like Hield and Murray

Last edited:
Yeah because they need a point and LaVine would be redundant with Murray or Buddy. And Minnesota was trash before Rubio came back from his injury. I think Dunn can be good but :rolleyes at trading Dlo for him. If they wanted to trade Dlo you would trade him for an all star. Not another player on a rookie contract. Dunn is 2 years older than Dlo!

Ima save myself the words and just not acknowledge any trade Dlo posts anymore.

Last edited:
Why do we get Random's like this whiplash guy? :smh:

Anthony Brown knocking down 3's, we have Metta and T-Rob. :stoneface:

Last edited:
Yeah because they need a point and LaVine would be redundant with Murray or Buddy. And Minnesota was trash before Rubio came back from his injury. I think Dunn can be good but
eyes.gif
at trading Dlo for him. If they wanted to trade Dlo you would trade him for an all star. Not another player on a rookie contract. Dunn is 2 years older than Dlo dude. What kinda sense does that make.

Ima save myself the words and just not acknowledge any trade Dlo posts anymore.
You think teams would give up an All-Star for an unproven and inconsistent 2nd year player? No team would give up an all-star for DLo unless the Lakers include DLo in a package that included other players and picks.

Dunn being two years older doesn't matter because they are both in their early 20's. What matters is talent, and Dunn imo is more talented than DLo.

DLo is all Hollywood, no substance. Dude is too pretty, too soft, too Swaggy D, can't play D, and does nothing but create new hairstyles each game. That, my friend, is NOT Lakers material.

Why do we get Random's like this whiplash guy?
mean.gif

Anthony Brown knocking down 3's, we have Metta and T-Rob.
indifferent.gif
I ain't random. I hang out in the sneaker threads. I've witnessed every Lakers championship since 1980, know who Jeff Lamp and Billy Thompson are, and can tell you just about every line Chick Hearn uses, so I ain't no rookie.

Why do we get Random's like this whiplash guy? :smh:

Anthony Brown knocking down 3's, we have Metta and T-Rob. :stoneface:

I ain't random. I hang out in the sneaker threads. I've witnessed every Lakers championship since 1980, know who Jeff Lamp and Billy Thompson are, and can tell you just about every line Chick Hearn uses, so I ain't no rookie.

You're awesome. Please go back to the sneaker threads, they miss you.

Just an observation, there's really nobody on this team outside of Ingram that really has the tools to be a good to great defender. That'll be an issue that has to be addressed going forward but we're kinda limited in our options.

You think teams would give up an All-Star for an unproven and inconsistent 2nd year player? No team would give up an all-star for DLo unless the Lakers include DLo in a package that included other players and picks.

Dunn being two years older doesn't matter because they are both in their early 20's. What matters is talent, and Dunn imo is more talented than DLo.

DLo is all Hollywood, no substance. Dude is too pretty, too soft, too Swaggy D, can't play D, and does nothing but create new hairstyles each game. That, my friend, is NOT Lakers material.

You're the one that proposed Dlo & Mozgov for Boogie so U tell me. While I do see your point about Dlo's "persona" it's way too early to give up on him. I still think the kid is gunna be a star & the best player on the team. I could see why others would feel different but it would be supremely stupid to get rid of him now.

Last edited:
Just an observation, there's really nobody on this team outside of Ingram that really has the tools to be a good to great defender. That'll be an issue that has to be addressed going forward but we're kinda limited in our options.
You don't think Randle, Zubac, and Clarkson have the "tools" to be great defenders? I'd like to know why you think they wouldn't

Russell has length on PGs.

Randle has quickness on most 4s, and has shown an ability to switch onto wings on occasion

There needs to be some teaching on how to collaboratively work on defense.. There's very little communication... That plus consistent effort on D, and it will be fine

Last edited:
BI needs to learn how to pump fake. Too many times he jumps in the air, contorts his body and the shot is no where close to hitting the rim.

:lol: @ all these hot takes
We will be fine guys
No trading for now pls

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom