**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

randle is absolutely better than gordon

my ***** juicy j got skills to pay the bills

i dont wanna hear another word about aaron gordon coming here

we either go with julius and pg or lebron and pg

**** aaron gordon ol lazy town looking *****

Being a “decent” free throw shooter and a wildly streaky scorer off the bench aren’t good reasons to keep JC. He is not part of the chemistry.

Being a “decent” free throw shooter and a wildly streaky scorer off the bench aren’t good reasons to keep JC. He is not part of the chemistry.

I said that in response to someone saying keep him off the court in the final minutes, not saying don’t trade him because he’s a decent FT shooter

I said that in response to someone saying keep him off the court in the final minutes, not saying don’t trade him because he’s a decent FT shooter

Got you.

I’m just commenting on the general thought process of people who don’t want to see him gone.

Hard to find any deals where we get a 1st for JC or Julius without taking back any money for next yr. Even with Lou Will, we had to take back Brewer to get that 1st.

Also, KCP and Brook make too much so it'll be really hard to match salaries. Much more likely they're bought out if they want to go to a contender.

I'm not expecting any moves till the summer.

I really see no point in buying out Brook. He can help us win games and we have no incentive to tank. Keep him on the squad, he provides some spacing and he's a professional that sets a good example.

I'd keep KCP for similar reasons, but I wouldn't be against a buyout as a favor to Rich Paul. I'm all for more Josh Hart minutes any way we can get em.

Teams -- even those over the cap -- can pay their own free agents as much as they'd like, up to the max, due to a mechanism called "Bird Rights." With money so tight, Bird Rights become more valuable. Teams could almost wield them as a cudgel against veteran free agents in July: "No one is offering you more than the midlevel, but we can. Take this flat deal. It's a win for you."

And even if a team decides it still doesn't want to retain its own free agent that way in July, it can use that same Bird Rights leverage in a sign-and-trade. It could be a win-win: The player gets paid, and his team gets more in return than it could today.

This could apply to almost any impending free agent with full Bird Rights: Hood, Favors, Avery Bradley, Will Barton, Williams, Julius Randle, and others.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...eadline-preview-cavaliers-deandre-jordan-more

Why the Lakers would be smart to hang onto Randle, among other reasons. Outside of the Mavs (where there's smoke, there's fire), difficult for me to see him getting more than the full MLE.

I said as much last week. He's not going anywhere before the summer.

Why is it impossible to gain a game on Utah in the standings? Those mofos been winning for weeks

Why is it impossible to gain a game on Utah in the standings? Those mofos been winning for weeks

They have good talent now that Gobert is back healthy, but they are also looking to move Favors and Hood at the deadline so they could slow down a bit. They've beaten some good squads though in the last week in SA, TOR, and GS.

They have good talent now that Gobert is back healthy, but they are also looking to move Favors and Hood at the deadline so they could slow down a bit. They've beaten some good squads though in the last week in SA, TOR, and GS.

Yup. Gobert is back and finding his groove. But like leemealone said we should be able to catch the Clippers. The Pelicans are also sliding without Boogie. They might miss the playoffs entirely.

Last edited:
p4qftsuyche01.jpg

DVTzxbTUQAETPPv

While the team's mid-season surge isn't the main reason for the Lakers recalibration on free agency, it has played a part in that new line of thinking as two of the players most often discussed in trade discussions, former lottery pick Julius Randle and reserve guard Jordan Clarkson, have played key roles of late.

Both had their best months of the season in January, with Clarkson averaging 15.9 points on 46 percent shooting from the field, while Randle averaged 15.3 points and nine rebounds after moving back into the starting lineup.

Trash tho

Nevertheless, if the Lakers sit out free agency this summer, they'll try to use their salary cap space to accommodate teams looking to dump bad contracts -- and willing to send draft picks to sweeten the deal, sources said.

Outside of signing pg alone this is the best case scenario. Keep the core intact and snatch up a first rounder. Might even absorb a decent player in the process

Back
Top Bottom