**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I thought the report was a joke at first. I swear I feel like our front office it's being ran buy some guys playing 2K.

We're literally in the same cycle we were with Jim and Mitch. We would talk about free agency classes 2 or 3 years in the future and how we signed players like Durant and Melo only to have them re-sign eith their current team or go elsewhere and we end up looking dumb.

I guess after Kawhi and Jimmy resign with their current teams we'll move on to the class of 2020.

This is great news! If we land PG it's a bonus...if not we have a great young core that will be ready for a run at the chip when the Warriors are falling apart

11 of 15 with a W tonight
:pimp:

So many “reports” out there from “sources”, all sides wanna control the narrative

Let’s just see what happens this summer

The FO already prepping for 2019 lmaooooo we will hear the same thing next year how they’re prepping for 2020 when we strike out again ...dudes were soooooo sure we’d land pg

so happy we have a good shot at sneaking into 8th this year. Even if we don't, this season has been the most fun I've had in a WHILE.

The FO is low key doing what most of us want. Letting them grow. Y’all should be happy

This year’s team is better than last year’s. I wonder if the last month of good play has made them reconsider and now they’re ok with keeping Randle and JC
ehh they are doing it cuz they are forced to do it

best believe they desperate enough to blow their wad on the first sight of a decent offer

just like the dlo trade. ****** just couldnt keep it in their pants cuz they thought they was getting paul george

ehh they are doing it cuz they are forced to do it

best believe they desperate enough to blow their wad on the first sight of a decent offer

just like the dlo trade. *****s just couldnt keep it in their pants cuz they thought they was getting paul george

Ya but the end result is what I want, so I’m good. We got rid of Dlo, which I wanted. Now if we just let these kids develop and keep this squad I’ll be happy.

They incorrectly believe fans want Lebron, most of us don’t

I'm kinda confused...it says we might use cap space to take on money for next yr and get assets, but we're not willing to trade Randle or JC because it wouldn't save money.

Either way I'm fine with trading Brook, KCP and/or Brewer for a bad contract and picks.

If PG says he really wants to come you can still move some money around for him.

The D.Lo trade was good.

While we all know we still could have drafted Kuzma, we got Hart as well.

We will see what happens this summer. We sign PG...this is moot.

Thoughts on this report:

Trying to create more leverage before Thursday likely to move Clarkson.

Boogie was a major target so obviously that shrinks the pool from 3 to 2.

OKC still has plenty of opportunity to implode and PG's decision is still some 5 months away so whatever he said last week is probably going to be different as they've come back down to earth.

It's February now, not July 1st. If Magic is not able to deliver at least PG then excoriate, him, myself, and Bruno Mars, but until then, chill and enjoy our first good stretch of basketball in about 5 years.

I'm not getting the complaints, all the report said is that they aren't emphasizing 2018 as going all in. I think they will still go after PG, but the rest of this season will be focused on further developing the young talent which is plentiful on the squad. Surely everyone wants PG & i don't think that's out of play at all, not to mention keeping Randal & Clarkson until this summer opens up the ability to trade the 19 pick in a package. I like that they're being patient instead of simply settling, Boogie getting hurt severely messed up the plans this summer.

I know I’m labeled as the “crazy trade guy”

But here’s my thoughtful (I spend a whole 5 mins :lol: ) creation and rebuild for my team. Again MY team.

I think we’re better this year and next and doesn’t lock up any long term money for the 2019 FA class :eye roll:
Let’s turn this tank around... FINALLY!

Trade with Clippers:
DJ and Beverly for Lopez, Nance and Brewer
(Cap Space for Clips, assets for Lakers) wink wink deal with Jerry West. In DJ and Bev we get guys that can help the core especially on the D end. Resign DJ if he performs, maybe he’s what Dwight was supposed to be if not cut bait at trade deadline 2019

Trade with Magic:
KCP and Clarkson for Vucevic Ross and Hezonja
(Cap Space and a good young piece to pair with Simmons and Isaac for Magic, young talent for Lakers on deals that are < 2 years and Vuc has always been a favorite of mine. Think Brook but can rebound.)

Trade with Heat:
Randle for Winslow and a protected 1st
(This is one that I don’t really have any other reason than we’re not tying up money in JuJu long term so maybe a change of scenery can help Winslow become the player he should be and can be that 3&D guy)

*Internet GM mic drop*

:lol:

I just wanna win already. :frown:

Eric Pincus‏Verified account
@EricPincus

It's more about the messaging all year, as Bogut said, it impacted the locker room. The media didn't create the 2 max plan. It came from public statements from Magic and Rob. I'd argue inexperience. No reason not to have the plan but to broadcast on day 1 was probably a turnover

That's a management issue

Thoughts on this report:

Trying to create more leverage before Thursday likely to move Clarkson.

Boogie was a major target so obviously that shrinks the pool from 3 to 2.

OKC still has plenty of opportunity to implode and PG's decision is still some 5 months away so whatever he said last week is probably going to be different as they've come back down to earth.

It's February now, not July 1st. If Magic is not able to deliver at least PG then excoriate, him, myself, and Bruno Mars, but until then, chill and enjoy our first good stretch of basketball in about 5 years.

Are we taking on money for next year or not? I think that's the only way to get a 1st for him. Should've taken that Asik deal, don't see us getting a better asset than that for JC.

Eric Pincus‏Verified account
@EricPincus

It's more about the messaging all year, as Bogut said, it impacted the locker room. The media didn't create the 2 max plan. It came from public statements from Magic and Rob. I'd argue inexperience. No reason not to have the plan but to broadcast on day 1 was probably a turnover

That's a management issue

This... I get that they're trying to be the anti Mitch/Jim and be more transparent but you have to keep some things close to the vest.

Also, stop trying to appease the casual fans with these superstar pipe dreams.

Hopefully they've learned their lesson.

Back
Top Bottom