**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I don't give two ****'s about Ennis. Could care less.

The point is, has been, always will be, people crying about Luke's "rotations" are stupid. He doesn't even play Ennis if Bi/Hart play and Zo isn't in foul trouble.

That. Is. The. Point.

People blame him for miniscule minutes when he doesn't have a choice, when he does have a choice, Ennis doesn't play.

Dude I understand why he's playing.

But you're acting like nobody is allowed to criticize how he plays.

Random *** stat but still:

33lpgs9.jpg.gif

Dude I understand why he's playing.

But you're acting like nobody is allowed to criticize how he plays.

I haven't said one single word about how he plays, I could care less, it means nothing.

There are 5 positions, each totaling 48 minutes. That's 240 total minutes.

He plays 11 per game.

When we're shorthanded.

And people in here criticize Luke for those 11 minutes, but say nothing about the other 229.

Or the growth ACROSS THE BOARD with these young players. Across. The. Board.

Or the fact he has managed Nance injured, then back, Zo injured, then back, KCP in and out of jail, then Nance/Clarkson traded, now Hart injured, 3 rookies playing, 2 new vets learning the roster, now implementing IT and some minor injuries to Brooke and BI.

All of that, but Ennis gets 11 minutes is some big *** focus cuz "rotations" :lol:

Mike Brown ain't even catch this much heat for his rotations. MDA, Byron, nobody.

It's stupid. Team loses, blame Luke. Team wins, yay young fellas!!! :stoneface:

Tonight was a microcosm of that. Folks bent at Luke all night, suddenly praisin the kids when we won. Weird.

So then why did you qoute me initially?
I wasn't bent off Luke all night. I only said Ennis and IT shouldn't be playing together.
I wasn't blaming Luke for anything, stop putting words in my mouth.

Me saying, "damn playing IT and Ennis together sucks" does not mean I'm mad at Luke. Get outta here.

Do you want me to post every time I think Luke makes good decisions in a game? Cuz I'll do that for you if you want.

Here: I think it's smart he went to Wear. I think it's good that he found a way to win the game shorthanded. He pushed some good buttons.

Stop acting like I want him fired. Don't mistake me for that. Don't put words in my mouth.

Randle getting triple teamed and actually passed it out then Lonzo drains the 3.....****ing beautiful

I think I've posted about 7 times now I know you didn't say Fire Luke. Should I try other languages? Fuego El Luke'a. (I don't speak Spanish very good :lol: )

I quoted everyone *****ing during the game and put #rotations. You complaining about IT/Ennis down 2 guys + 1 in foul trouble is kinda stupid. Sorry, but it is.

If he has all 3 guys clear, there's no Ennis/IT. But you're not considering that when you're *****ing, same as you didn't give him credit for winning.

I guess I got this all wrong anyways, the Spurs lost cuz Pop couldn't handle his rotation down his 2 best guys.

That's how folks sound moaning about rotations, in November.

I'm just callin in out. It was stupid then, it's stupid now. Rotations mean jack ****, especially shorthanded ones.

You at least show up and own ****, lotta folks calling Luke out 3 months ago whistlin softly now. Not just here, Laker Twitter too. Lot of anti Luke there as well.

Got asked a ? about Lonzo on the Reddit AMA, and looked up a quick comparison to Jason Kidd. Kidd as a rookie: 11.7P, 7.7A, 5.4R, 1.9S, 0.3B with 70 made 3’s in 79 games (27.2%). Lonzo: 10.4P, 7.1A, 7.1R, 1.6S, 0.85B with 73 3’s in 40 games (33.6% and climbing).

Yea so props to magic and Rob. They've pretty much gotten equal or better value on every move they've made. IT is basically a shorter older version of JC's ceiling. He seems to do better on a team where he's the OG and he doubles as the vet PG magic was looking for in the summer.

I think I've posted about 7 times now I know you didn't say Fire Luke. Should I try other languages? Fuego El Luke'a. (I don't speak Spanish very good :lol: )

I quoted everyone *****ing during the game and put #rotations. You complaining about IT/Ennis down 2 guys + 1 in foul trouble is kinda stupid. Sorry, but it is.

If he has all 3 guys clear, there's no Ennis/IT. But you're not considering that when you're *****ing, same as you didn't give him credit for winning.

You think I don't realize this? :lol:
I be mad during games when we're losing and come here to vent sometimes. Should I stop doing that to please you?
So I guess after every game I have to give Luke a pat on the back to alleviate you?

I'm a big fan of Luke and always have been. He's a God send after Byron. Just cuz I'm not praising him endlessly doesn't change my opinion.

I think it was a dumb decision to not start Randle sooner. I think it was a dumb decision to keep playing Ennis at starting pg when it wasn't working. We were literally going down 10 points right away in each game. BUT, I also understand that he's experimenting and trying to figure out what the best decisions to make for the future are. How could he know that playing BI at the 1 and starting BI/Hart/Clarkson or BI/Hart/KCP was a better move?

I have to defend my name when you quote me. It is what it is.

Yea so props to magic and Rob. They've pretty much gotten equal or better value on every move they've made. IT is basically a shorter older version of JC's ceiling. He seems to do better on a team where he's the OG and he doubles as the vet PG magic was looking for in the summer.

Yeah bro. **** is crazy. I gotta give em props. 24k magic really in the air.

I'm dumb hyped for the offseason. Lakers are 17-7 in their last 24 games. That has to be attractive for ANY free agent.

I'll just say heh for now.

you were calling for Luke to be fired and calling Randle trash at every turn before the season. Everybody makes mistakes :lol:

But on the real, I'm damn near over the Dlo trade too. I would've preferred to keep Dlo, but Hart at 2 mil for next 3 seasons >>> having to pay Dlo 15 mil a year (we'll see what kinda deal Dlo gets given his injury problems though... Nets might be able to get him for the low now)

Got asked a ? about Lonzo on the Reddit AMA, and looked up a quick comparison to Jason Kidd. Kidd as a rookie: 11.7P, 7.7A, 5.4R, 1.9S, 0.3B with 70 made 3’s in 79 games (27.2%). Lonzo: 10.4P, 7.1A, 7.1R, 1.6S, 0.85B with 73 3’s in 40 games (33.6% and climbing).

:smokin

There's still hella room in his game for improvement too. Mainly drawing fouls and making free throws.
I'm sure it'll be easier to drive once people start respecting his shot (he's 48/99 in his last 15 games :wow: ).

His percentages will probably drop off soon but if he can stay around ~ 40% for his career, it's bad.

It's amazing how so many people on this thread were so upset and claiming we would be a worse team after JC & Nance Jr. got shipped out.

Dudes on here saying "Man what are we doing trading away our young pieces so early".

"Man I don't ever want to see IT in the purple & gold". Before he even landed in LA saying how he was going to be such a team cancer.

you were calling for Luke to be fired and calling Randle trash at every turn before the season. Everybody makes mistakes :lol:

But on the real, I'm damn near over the Dlo trade too. I would've preferred to keep Dlo, but Hart at 2 mil for next 3 seasons >>> having to pay Dlo 15 mil a year (we'll see what kinda deal Dlo gets given his injury problems though... Nets might be able to get him for the low now)

I don't remember calling Randle trash but just that he's outta control and wouldn't max him. I still wouldn't max him honestly. Luke is going to be that Mark Jackson type coach that is the transition before the real leap. You'll see. He's still trying to **** **** up. But that has nothing to do with magic. I honestly should go off on all y'all this summer. We'll see how feel.

It's amazing how so many people on this thread were so upset and claiming we would be a worse team after JC & Nance Jr. got shipped out.

Dudes on here saying "Man what are we doing trading away our young pieces so early".

"Man I don't ever want to see IT in the purple & gold". Before he even landed in LA saying how he was going to be such a team cancer.

I still don’t want IT. If dude stays on a 1yr contract or accepts a role as a 6th man for minimal money... so be it, but o could do without the defensive liability.

Yall let CP get to you?

LMAO.

When I made my post, Lakers were playing like crap.

I made no reference to rotations.

Glad the Lakers won and hope we can keep this energy up.

All the "look I told you so" posts are not gonna get me worked up.

I'm glad things are going well. That's all I ever cared about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom