**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Ideal summer.

Find a team willing to take the Cavs pick (25th) and our 2nd rounder (47th) for Deng. I'd be willing to throw in Zubac in there too.

Sign Lebron

the young guys take a leap this offseason
"lebron...young guys"
tenor.gif

Ideal summer.

Find a team willing to take the Cavs pick (25th) and our 2nd rounder (47th) for Deng. I'd be willing to throw in Zubac in there too.

Sign Lebron and PG
Re-sign Randle to a reasonable deal ($12-15m/year)
Use the exception for a back-up point guard/big

Zo/Free Agent
PG/Hart
BI/Kuzma
Bron
Randle

Honestly, if the young guys take a leap this offseason I think that could be a title winning roster.

Nah

People say LeBron would ship out all the young players but the only possible trade I see out there is for Leonard and I wouldn't mind who we traded for him if he commited to sign in LA long term.

The biggest selling point LA has is that we have young players that can run and compete. The Cavs have absolutely 0 youth/athleticism (besides Nance) and you can't win a title without athletes. It's why the Lakers crumbled so quickly after 2010. They did a terrible job surrounding Pau/Kobe with youth, athleticism and speed.

Y’all think whiplash coulda been magics burner

Dude expressed desire to trade DLo
Posted preposterous trade proposals
Knew the TV brands and sizes within the lakers training facility
Went to the barbershop to Seek advice
Spoke so confidently when saying things would happen (95% of which did not happen)

People say LeBron would ship out all the young players but the only possible trade I see out there is for Leonard and I wouldn't mind who we traded for him if he commited to sign in LA long term.

The biggest selling point LA has is that we have young players that can run and compete. The Cavs have absolutely 0 youth/athleticism (besides Nance) and you can't win a title without athletes. It's why the Lakers crumbled so quickly after 2010. They did a terrible job surrounding Pau/Kobe with youth, athleticism and speed.

so you want to sign a soon to be 34 year old with so many miles on his legs and trade for a guy who may be damaged goods and is looking a ta $200 million dollar deal ...and talk about being unable to win without athletic players in all of 2-3 sentences...yikes
championship teams arent built around youth, most contenders mortgage their youth to have proven players who can contribute now.

as for the team crumbling, you mustve forgotten about the optimistic trades they did to try and stay competitive. most prominent were nash and dh...while nash was on his way out, the guy could still shoot well enough to be a starter in the league...problem was his bones were too weak. DH provided the youth, athleticism and speed you mention but what good is it to have all that at the center position where post up centers were now a disadvantage to have. as for other FA's, the team was always gonna be in win now mode as long as Kobe was on the team. vets were always gonna be brought in over young guys to try to and stay competitive...oh and because they traded all their picsk away to bring in said proven talent.

I don’t think trading Deng can happen without including a young core player. Zu and picks ain’t movin that albatross

Lakers had 0 athletic, young wings after Ariza left and we replaced him with Artest. That's what I'm referring to.

I'll give Lebron whatever he wants to come here. Lebron on your team is instant contender status and I'm sick and tired of the Lakers being ***. Everyone wants to grow organically but what happens when your young assets aren't good enough and you turn into a perennial 1st/2nd round exit? I'd rather reach for the top RIGHT NOW than bank on potential that might make it ONE TIME if everything goes according to plan.

Regarding Leonard: he's a top 5 player when healthy. IF healthy and with a verbal agreement that he'd sign here long term, I'd do whatever to get him on my team.

The chances of any of our lottery picks being anywhere close to Leonard isn't enough to prevent me from trading em.

Lakers had 0 athletic, young wings after Ariza left and we replaced him with Artest. That's what I'm referring to.

I'll give Lebron whatever he wants to come here. Lebron on your team is instant contender status and I'm sick and tired of the Lakers being ***. Everyone wants to grow organically but what happens when your young assets aren't good enough and you turn into a perennial 1st/2nd round exit? I'd rather reach for the top RIGHT NOW than bank on potential that might make it ONE TIME if everything goes according to plan.

Regarding Leonard: he's a top 5 player when healthy. IF healthy and with a verbal agreement that he'd sign here long term, I'd do whatever to get him on my team.

The chances of any of our lottery picks being anywhere close to Leonard isn't enough to prevent me from trading em.

good grief man

Instant contender my ***. We ain't in the East. Even with Bron & PG we still may be just the 3rd seed not even knowing what other dismantling Bron tries to do after. It's a stupid move.

Why not both?
Right.

Getting the best player in the world and one of the best two way players all without giving up any of the young core.

Besides just hating Bron, I don't know why anyone would complain about it.

And we are definitely competing with GSW and HOU if we get PG & Brown and keep Julius.

Lakers fans are weird man. We're the only fan base that doesn't want Lebron on their team. There are legit Lakers fans out there that wouldn't take Lebron for free. Even with the mileage, Lebron is still by far the best player in the league. Even an 80% Lebron is a top 5 player and better than anyone we'd otherwise be capable of signing.

I'm not sure if the hate stems from the Kobe vs. Lebron debate of a decade ago or what but the hate is silly.

Lakers fans are weird man. We're the only fan base that doesn't want Lebron on their team. There are legit Lakers fans out there that wouldn't take Lebron for free. Even with the mileage, Lebron is still by far the best player in the league. Even an 80% Lebron is a top 5 player and better than anyone we'd otherwise be capable of signing.

I'm not sure if the hate stems from the Kobe vs. Lebron debate of a decade ago or what but the hate is silly.

That's exactly what it is.

Have you watched the nba the past 7-8 seasons?

Lebron isn’t gonna come here and fit in with the guys and have fun... he’s gonna come and get all of our assets shipped out for 2 seasons of contention.

Not to mention he doesn’t sign long term contracts so he will be holding the team hostage just like he does his team every ****ing season.

Perhaps I am underestimating the young core and Paul George (assuming he signs), but it doesn't get me all that excited.

IDK.

For real doe, LeBron does play with a bunch a scrubs while in Cleveland. Can't help but notice that he's always carrying CLE. The only LEGIT all-star that he has played with over there was often injured fragile knee Kyrie. K Love :lol: he just disappeared.

For real doe, LeBron does play with a bunch a scrubs while in Cleveland. Can't help but notice that he's always carrying CLE. The only LEGIT all-star that he has played with over there was often injured fragile knee Kyrie. K Love :lol: he just disappeared.

Is that K loves fault or being forced to stand around while lebron runs the P&R?

Blame GM Lebron for giving deals out to TT, JR smith, and shumpert

Back
Top Bottom