**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

That is true, Shaq had his in 2013.

Maybe they're just waiting for a schedule opening for Kobe then.

I thought they rushed the retirement ceremony so Dr. Buss could be there, but then I looked at the date and Dr. Buss had already passed by that time. :frown:

For the record, hoping Dlo's knees are ok and he plays great

Anyone else think it's strange Lakers haven't announced Kobe jersey retirement date yet? I woulda thought it would be early this season

Nobody has ever had 2 jerseys retired before plus you have to factor in the inevitable monument outside Staples, maybe trying to kill them all at once.

Ya, probably trying to plan a big event and it takes time to plan and get all the invitees' schedules aligned.

Back to Dlo, really concerning, considering he's a slow motion jump shooter and pick and roll PG (not a high flyer with athleticism), that he's getting knee soreness and resting and doing platelet therapy in Germany at age 20. This is a really bad sign in that regard.

On the other hand, it's weird that the MRI is not seeing any structural damage to ligaments/tendons. So that's a positive.

Just hope they figure out what's going on and it's not a lingering thing.

He didn't have to go to Germany, they do it here in the States now. Friend of mine had it two years ago.

Idk if they will retire both but I can't see another lakers player wearing #8 or #24

So they'll probably retire both somehow

I'm not so sure they'd retire both. I mean at some point you'll run out of numbers like 500 years from now :lol: , so you need to be conservative

Last edited:
Yea but who in the world is gonna wear #8?! Whoever would attempt that wold prob get boo'd every game and chased out of the city. He would be forced to change his number anyway. I couldnt see a player having the cojones to even look at the number. Might as well retire both. I feel like thats the ultimate honor that no former Laker can compare to.

Well 20 years from now no one will care if someone wears 8 or 24 (which ever isn't retired), if they decide to retire just one

Kobe won titles wearing both 8 and 24. He had a ton of accomplishments wearing both jerseys. They must retire both numbers imo

Well 20 years from now no one will care if someone wears 8 or 24 (which ever isn't retired), if they decide to retire just one

Yankees fans boo anyone who wears Paul O'Neill's number.

Latroy Hawkins got booed for a few weeks until he said he had to change his number.

Lakers fans will boo anyone who wears 8 or 24

Yea wouldn't ever be right seeing somebody else where that number. We aren't the Celtics, there's plenty of other numbers to choose from, but ultimately I think Kobe is going to prefer that 24 be retired since that's when he was the guy. 

m_F3cp_Lg.jpg

I faintly remember Brian Cook asking to switch to #34 after Shaq was traded. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom