**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Tanking again will be detrimental. Getting younger and losing more is not good for development

We need positive strides in the right direction and improvement from here on

Tanking again will be detrimental. Getting younger and losing more is not good for development

We need positive strides in the right direction and improvement from here on
You can have positive strides and still lose games tho.

Tanking entire seasons isn't a good look, but trying to win then selling at the deadline when it's clear you won't be in the playoffs is entirely different.

What's asinine is comparing your son to an employee of an organization. No such thing as "trading sons" son. Apples to oranges. I don't pay my son to live in my house like Kupchak does to Russell so he can chill at 555 Nash St in El Segundo. 
laugh.gif

Oh I wasn't referring to you but let me address you directly

What your old short sighted vision failed to see in my statement was you don't stop investing in your future just because the present doesn't follow the same path as previous examples of success.

I mean if you have children you do invest in them don't you. I mean I would hope you would. If a young Michael Jordan got cut from his high school bball team should his dad stop investing his money for training for his young son Michael? No not if he believes that his investment in his son will pay off. And just because some outsider from the outside looking in tells you to cut your investment short, you listen to the nonsense??

Tense my comparison.

See I have no horses in his race boss. Just wanna see the Lakers win win win. But it's obvious you have an agenda. Have several seats "son"
So you're saying DLo is an investment that will pay off? Ever heard of selling off your assets while it still has value? And what if DLo doesn't pan out in 2-3 years and tears up his knee in the process. What will your investment get you in return then? After all, it's clear DLo isn't going to be the next franchise elite player that can put a team on its back not to mention a 20-year old who already has constant knee issues. Unless of course you're one of the few people who actually believe he will be great lol. 

What's even funnier is that you're comparing DLo to Michael Jordan by implying the Lakers shouldn't cut short their investment and hope he pans out to be the next Laker great 
laugh.gif

Since you like to talk about investments and compare them to DLo, let's play a game. Let's say you acquire a decent secondary/rental property in Bellacere, Las Vegas valued at $1 million. A year and a half later it's appraised at 1.5 million. Do you sell and re-invest the equity earned into another property that's even better (for example, commercial property in Westwood/Wilshire district) or at a prime location where real estate is always hot and will surely net you higher profits in the long run OR do you stick with it and continue to hope that it will double in value in the next 3-4 years even when market conditions suggest that value appreciation is going to be slower in Las Vegas than, say, Newport Coast, Malibu, or Beverly Hills? See what I did there? 

Secondly, I have teenage children. And investing in my children's future success has absolutely NOTHING to do with the silly comparison you made about a 15-year old vis a vis a "successful 21-year old" because for one thing, more often than not a 21-year old hasn't gotten a clue what it means to be successful in real life. Not at that age. Not to mention, a regular working class 21-year old's taste of anything close to "success" is vastly different than that of a professional athlete's. So like I said, apples to oranges.

Carry on...

Randle flew back home to witness the birth of his kid. Going to miss the game tonight and likely tomorrow.

Randle flew back home to witness the birth of his kid. Going to miss the game tonight and likely tomorrow.

thought his kid was born already...

so dudes were shooting on his pregnant wife earlier this year?? :smh:

So you're saying DLo is an investment that will pay off? Ever heard of selling off your assets while it still has value? And what if DLo doesn't pan out in 2-3 years and tears up his knee in the process. What will your investment get you in return then? After all, it's clear DLo isn't going to be the next franchise elite player that can put a team on its back not to mention a 20-year old who already has constant knee issues. Unless of course you're one of the few people who actually believe he will be great lol. 

What's even funnier is that you're comparing DLo to Michael Jordan by implying the Lakers shouldn't cut short their investment and hope he pans out to be the next Laker great :lol:

Since you like to talk about investments and compare them to DLo, let's play a game. Let's say you acquire a decent secondary/rental property in Bellacere, Las Vegas valued at $1 million. A year and a half later it's appraised at 1.5 million. Do you sell and re-invest the equity earned into another property that's even better (for example, commercial property in Westwood/Wilshire district) or at a prime location where real estate is always hot and will surely net you higher profits in the long run OR do you stick with it and continue to hope that it will double in value in the next 3-4 years even when market conditions suggest that value appreciation is going to be slower in Las Vegas than, say, Newport Coast, Malibu, or Beverly Hills? See what I did there? 

Secondly, I have teenage children. And investing in my children's future success has absolutely NOTHING to do with the silly comparison you made about a 15-year old vis a vis a "successful 21-year old" because for one thing, more often than not a 21-year old hasn't gotten a clue what it means to be successful in real life. Not at that age. Not to mention, a regular working class 21-year old's taste of anything close to "success" is vastly different than that of a professional athlete's. So like I said, apples to oranges.

Carry on...

View media item 2272223

Dlo is here for the foreseeable future
What exactly has he shown thus far in his career for a team to give us a top player at his position? Not to mention knee issues

We just have to accept it. He's not getting traded

Dlo is here for the foreseeable future
What exactly has he shown thus far in his career for a team to give us a top player at his position? Not to mention knee issues

We just have to accept it. He's not getting traded

That's the main thing I don't understand about dudes stupid *** scenarios.

If D Lo and Randle are so trash why would anyone trade a franchise player for them?

D'Lo feeding Deng once and Swaggy twice for wide open threes in which they miss. Come on.

If D Lo and Randle are so trash why would anyone trade a franchise player for them?

Agreed. You can't say he's terrible then think a smart GM will trade a franchise player for him

What's even funnier is that you're comparing DLo to Michael Jordan by implying the Lakers shouldn't cut short their investment and hope he pans out to be the next Laker great :lol:

Carry on...

:lol: oh brudda. And here I was after all this time not believing in the saying that 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks' :rofl:g

Now I gotta figure out if I wanna waste these keystrokes playing this game with you. You're very entertaining lol

Meanwhile DLo....

Agreed. You can't say he's terrible then think a smart GM will trade a franchise player for him
Who said he's "terrible" though? The premise in trading for him is largely based on what he can possibly/potentially become. 

But imo Russell is an average player. He's neither terrible nor great, which I've already mentioned before.

Last edited:

What's even funnier is that you're comparing DLo to Michael Jordan by implying the Lakers shouldn't cut short their investment and hope he pans out to be the next Laker great 
laugh.gif

Carry on...
laugh.gif
oh brudda. And here I was after all this time not believing in the saying that 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks' :rofl:g

Now I gotta figure out if I wanna waste these keystrokes playing this game with you. You're very entertaining lol

Meanwhile DLo....
Better for you to watch the game since nothing you say will justify your point against mine.

On the road, nationally televised on TNT, on the big stage with Shaq's ceremony, all eyez on you, no Randle no Nance...

If you're the leader of the team, this is your chance to STEP THE F UP, redeem yourself after being benched during crunch time, and show that you're worthy of being a #2 pick. Let's see if D'Angelo "no sleeve" Russell can prove me wrong (more to come on this)...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom