**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Rewatched the game, yeah it’s not the players fault anymore. There’s no scheme out there, of course players are going to do their own thing

I get it.

But they were there. And they let it go...

Again.

This is the second game BI goes ISO crazy in the 4th. Luke has to make him learn.

You don't learn by benching a young player for making mistakes. Luke should be running more plays for him to get him the ball while on the move instead of Iso everything. He's decent at it but with no real shooters around & a closed floor he struggles.

All of our losses are coming in the end of games due to mistakes, that is gonna happen with young squads idk why people are still surprised by this.

I just think the Lakers in general are not the best at developing talent. Take kawhi for instance; he was asked to master a couple things. Fundamental things as a rookie. And pop and crew slowly expanded his usage from there. Ingram was just thrown in there and was asked to be the man. Now he’s developed really bad habits. And it seems like he isn’t learning from the video or coaching he’s receiving.

ThenLajers arenclesrly implementing a “let the guys learn from their mistakes and from experience” approach. But Ingram never developed basics in the NBA. He been asked to be a jack of all trades while never honing in on any one skill. And that’s going to stretch out his developmental stage.

And Luke can stay HC as far as I’m concerned. He just needs a better staff beneath him. Like some people who actually coach and scheme. A shooting coach, a coordinator. That’s what he gets for hiring his bro’s.

Rewatched the game, yeah it’s not the players fault anymore. There’s no scheme out there, of course players are going to do their own thing
I think it's a combination of roster and coaching. Outside of Lance, Ingram is the only guy who can really create something consistently off the dribble...but instead of clearing out at the top of the key, he should really be operating out of the midpost. I'd like to see a lineup of KCP, Hart, Lance, BI and Javale/Tyson/Zu (pick one) down the stretch that way we have two guys who can create instead of just relying on one guy. Maybe Luke feels like we need Lonzo's "shooting" so maybe that could be his logic for going with him over Lance...or just trying to develop the young guys who'll be here in the long run over those that definitely aren't in our long term plans

Mark Jackson would be horrible. Unless he hires a competent coach to handle offensive scheme but I doubt he would. Hard pass on mark Jackson . B Shaw the likely coach if Luke gets canned

Here’s some data from Cranjis

And ainn this the mf truth

I just think the Lakers in general are not the best at developing talent
Don't forget, BI needs to average at least a 20ppg this season and Lonzo Ball will be the new face of the franchise, break most of Magic's records and one day have his jersey retired by the Lakers. Trying to think of another franchise that places those type of expectations on their young players

You don't learn by benching a young player for making mistakes. Luke should be running more plays for him to get him the ball while on the move instead of Iso everything. He's decent at it but with no real shooters around & a closed floor he struggles.

All of our losses are coming in the end of games due to mistakes, that is gonna happen with young squads idk why people are still surprised by this.

The exact same mistakes two games in a row.

You gotta do something.

I keep making mistakes and I keep get minutes..

Nah. It's not working.

Ball
Hart/Svi
KCP/Lance
Ingram/Beasley
McGee/Chandler/Zu
We were playing the ****ing Knicks who had won 9 games all year. Also had lost 8 straight. Sure on paper we suck but you actually have to watch the games and see how ******ed we played.

somewhere during the 3rd while zo was at the line, stu and bill were saying lonzo had made 1 out of the last 10 free throws, then went on the brick 2 more as they said it.....1-13 :wow: what concerns me most is his mental/confidence....don't want this dood's self belief hitting the point of no return (kwame)

gotta move B.I. sooner than later and let kuz fully blossom being the #2 option

B.I. is hampering kuzma's growth at this point, they either gonna have to move him to the second unit or ship him out

Gotta keep Kuz but likely going to have to split with hart or ball.....

which one yall keeping?

Im leaning towards ball

Why are you guys so adamant on dropping Luke if we're just gonna play Bron ball no matter who the coach is? Outside of some terrible rotations, he was decent to start the year. Then bron came out and said he doesn't pay him any attention and ignores calls. Dude is gonna do what ever he wants to do because he truly believes he knows everything. No coach can compete with that. Coaches now have to coach against the other team and #23.

Nah.

Why are you guys so adamant on dropping Luke if we're just gonna play Bron ball no matter who the coach is? Outside of some terrible rotations, he was decent to start the year. Then bron came out and said he doesn't pay him any attention and ignores calls. Dude is gonna do what ever he wants to do because he truly believes he knows everything. No coach can compete with that. Coaches now have to coach against the other team and #23.

Nah.
Lebron masks a lot of Luke’s deficiencies. Also our high transition rate masks our inefficient half court offense.

We often lose leads in the fourth because we get into transition less (by design to slow down the game) which forces us to play in the half court. But because our halfcourt offense is so inefficient (27th in the league) we let teams back in.

The biggest red flag is Luke’s inability to recognize his/his staffs weaknesses w/r/t scheme and him trying to force square pegs in round holes (the way he utilizes many players). It’s the same tired excuses after every game. Absolutely no accountability and no mention of him needing to be better.

It’s clear Mermuys is worthless. Miles Simon has done little to improve anyone’s game. It’s time Magic steps in and hires a scheme coach and a shooting coach. It’s unacceptable at this point.

Luke just does too much dumb ****. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that first year because a lot of it seemed like tank moves but he just continues doing dumb **** every season. First it was not playing anyone over 30mpg, then the BS with Randle, now Lebron's rotations to start the year, Kuz at center even after getting Chandler, complete and utter lack of an offensive system etc. He does things no other coaches do thinking he's being innovative when he's just making a fool of himself. He's just not built for this I don't think. I think he's meant to be an assistant

Only thing good I can say is that the team seemed to rally around him last year when lavar said he should be gone and this year when magic chewed him out. So it seems like guys like him they just don't respond to him. Or he just doesn't know how to coach them

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Luke just does too much dumb ****. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that first year because a lot of it seemed like tank moves but he just continues doing dumb **** every season. First it was not playing anyone over 30mpg, then the BS with Randle, now Lebron's rotations to start the year, Kuz at center even after getting Chandler, complete and utter lack of an offensive system etc. He does things no other coaches do thinking he's being innovative when he's just making a fool of himself. He's just not built for this I don't think. I think he's meant to be an assistant

Only thing good I can say is that the team seemed to rally around him last year when lavar said he should be gone and this year when magic chewed him out. So it seems like guys like him they just don't respond to him. Or he just doesn't know how to coach them

Solely regarding your comment about Lebron’s rotations......I believe when you have a player like that, you sit down with that player well before the season and devise a plan. I think the plan clearly is to keep his minutes down (they are at the lowest in his career) and have him fresh for the playoffs

Even if it took a bit for Walton to figure out exactly how James was comfortable in the rotation. There was a game in Minnesota early in the season when Walton removed James just five minutes into the game in an effort to set the rotation so James could finish each quarter. James was, to put it mildly, mystified.

This is what I was talking about. This is the kinda stuff that leads to players doing their own thing because you've shown them you have no idea what the hell you're doing

457B750E-034F-4470-9358-6500735F6439.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom