**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

There’s an ESPN article that’s been being worked on for months that’s releasing soon that talks about Magic’s mistreatment of employees according to Tania’s new piece.

That backstabbing comment, is he talking about Pelinka or Klutch? Crazy
If the lawyer guy is right I’m thinking pelinka? Lawyer guy said some stuff about a phone being confiscated and that pelinka has done some bad stuff that Jeanie can sue over lol

But they cannot hire Lue if they don’t want to propel that Bron is running the show narrative. Even if they hired David griffin it would be seen as a Lebron move

upload_2019-4-9_23-47-6.gif

Bizarre. There's definitely something going on behind the scenes.

As much as I respect and admire Magic Johnson he was a very poor leader within the organization. From the jump it was obvious that he was one of those old school guys who thought he could London organization based on "feel" and "his gut" as opposed to putting the hours of hard work in.

Reading those stories about him not being available or vacationing while the team was in crisis are, while painfully predictable, still infuriating. I think magic has too much going on in too many other businesses to fully invest themselves and running an NBA franchise (and that was obvious to me from day one)

Anthony Irwin I'm the Locked On Lakers podcast says this all the time, the Lakers need to look outside of their organization to acquire the best management talent.

We've been going through a cycle of nepotism for a while now. It's just the same cycle of family friends and former players as opposed to just having a legitimate search and hiring the best guys for the job.

Last edited:
Let me be specific-

That method he used to criticize magic without actually saying anything or providing a sound reason as to why/how he arrived at that conclusion is complete BS.

If you’re in the media and you’re gonna take a swipe at someone’s character like that, man the F up and state the source or what led you to believe this.

It’s a p***y move. No other way to view it if we’re being completely honest.

Imagine someone said “if you only knew what I know about how that guy jab step jab step treats people” then provided absolutely no corroborating evidence...

That wouldn’t be Bull****?

Come on.
LFR is a stand up dude man.

Considering he’s media and the Lakers have full control over his privileges/access, he has to be somewhat diplomatic. He’s literally the only media member who even remotely flames the team and their decisions (not as much as I’d like though). Plus what he said was telling enough. From his comments we can likely infer that Magic was condescending. Despotic. And treated people with disrespect. (Was any of this a secret anyways?) He is around the team all the time, when cameras are present and when they are not. His comments have validity. I don’t think we need specific examples in this case. Dude has zero reason to lie lol.

LFR is a stand up dude man.

Considering he’He’s literally the only media member who even remotely flames the team I don’t think we need specific examples in this case.

You’ve never heard of Bill Plaschke?

Since when do we not need specific examples when the media goes character assassination mode?

Magic is large in the game. On the Mount Rushmore of the NBA.

When you accept this as fact, you have to accept that there isn’t anyone in the sport except for maybe 2 or 3 other people who can tell him s*** about basketball.

People are going to take that as arrogance, when Magic probably sees it more as “what could this analytics nerd or scout possibly know about the game that I haven’t mastered?”

Magic has earned that right.

Would it behoove him to listen and be more diplomatic? OF COURSE. But he didn’t get where he is by doing that so why change now?

Be objective y’all.

People are too quick to accept the media’s myopic view of things upon first delivery without applying some scrutiny first.

I'm not mad at Magic. What he's done for the franchise and basketball as a whole far outweighs the past two years. Now, there was some pretty bad decisions made but 5 out of those 16 banners up there wouldn't be there without him. Hopefully, Lebron dips after year 3 and we'll have somebody built to lead the franchise going forward.

Looks like Pelinka is at the center of the discord. Magic basically threw him under the bus yesterday; and as was whispered at the time Pelinka may have been the one who actually tampered with PG and the league found out bur Magic took the bullet for him. But recently Pelinka apparently been talking about Magic's lack of being present in the day to day (could be the backstabbing comments). What a mess. Jeanie is going to have some tough decisions to make, I don't know if she's got the stuff to can Kobe's guy given her relationship with him. It makes sense that Magic basically took that out of her hands.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Would it behoove him to listen and be more diplomatic? OF COURSE. But he didn’t get where he is by doing that so why change now?

Be objective y’all.
Because what got you here won't get you there. And that is painfully obvious in Magic's case. When you recap the timeline of events and interviews it's utterly ridiculous. He just had absolutely no clue what tf he was doing. Zero. So many mistakes were made

Dlo’s last game as a Laker was 4/9/17 when he hit the game winner the day his grandma died.

Magic steps down 4/9/19. Exactly two years later.

How did the guy who was getting dragged through the mud for being “immature” come out looking good in all this/like the mature one.

Love to see it fellas :lol:

Mark Jackson is not the answer. I would rather promote Brian Shaw and have Shaw assemble his staff of assistants.

But I have this small feeling Jackson will replace Luke to allow Jackson the opportunity to get his revenge in the playoffs against GSW, with Jackson's former ABC teammates Mike Breen and JVG calling the series. I wouldn't be surprised if this storyline ends up playing out.

Last edited:
Pelinka is basically dell Demps at this point. Dead man walking. I don't see how he's not beheaded in weeks if not days. Jeannie can't possibly be that stupid

Interesting, like I said before wipe it all out. Sell it to potential presidents you get to choose gm, coach, and pretty much the whole roster. Then to free agents pitch it’s a new regime. I would be shocked if Luke and/or Pelinka stays

i think they most def need to clean the entire slate lol
start to next season going to be rough again
have also heard rumors about Zo demanding a trade lol

Back
Top Bottom