**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It’s funny how Jeanie and peeps made sure to leak things to the media about Kupchak being too by the book. Following rules too much. Never tampering. You know basically dissing him for integrity after all he did for the organization.

Then she goes out and hires two used cars salesmen who were open about wanting to not play by the rules and they absolutely sucked at it. They were so bad at it they became jokes.

You love to see it.

Hopefully Jeanie stumbles on doing the right things because I have 0 faith in her doing the right thing on purpose.

You’ve never heard of Bill Plaschke?

Since when do we not need specific examples when the media goes character assassination mode?

Magic is large in the game. On the Mount Rushmore of the NBA.

When you accept this as fact, you have to accept that there isn’t anyone in the sport except for maybe 2 or 3 other people who can tell him s*** about basketball.

People are going to take that as arrogance, when Magic probably sees it more as “what could this analytics nerd or scout possibly know about the game that I haven’t mastered?”

Magic has earned that right.

Would it behoove him to listen and be more diplomatic? OF COURSE. But he didn’t get where he is by doing that so why change now?

Be objective y’all.

People are too quick to accept the media’s myopic view of things upon first delivery without applying some scrutiny first.

You're just summarizing why great players rarely make great coaches or managers. They have that arrogance that says "I was great, I know what it takes to be great and these other people can't tell me anything". We all understand why he's arrogant, but that doesn't justify him doing it and it certainly didn't help the team at all.

the problem is that most of us saw this coming a mile away the moment magic was hired. He was on vacation or unavailable when the team was going through crises. He wasn't putting the time in to scout and evaluate players because of that athletic arrogance you mentioned. you add this the fact that Magic hadn't had any front office experience, this was bound to fail.

Gonna be real funny in the light if the league forced him out but let Cuban slide
yooooooooo

you sir have a genuine ******* point!

this guy cuban had an entire environment of sexual misconduct in his own building that apparently has gone for 10+ years

the painting i'm seeing of magic rn is that he was never around doing his job but when he was around he was ****ting on everyone else for "not doing theirs"

You're just summarizing why great players rarely make great coaches or managers. They have that arrogance that says "I was great, I know what it takes to be great and these other people can't tell me anything". We all understand why he's arrogant, but that doesn't justify him doing it and it certainly didn't help the team at all.

the problem is that most of us saw this coming a mile away the moment magic was hired. He was on vacation or unavailable when the team was going through crises. He wasn't putting the time in to scout and evaluate players because of that athletic arrogance you mentioned. you add this the fact that Magic hadn't had any front office experience, this was bound to fail.

Was a huge mistake hiring Magic as the team president to begin with. He has way too much on his plate on top of running the Lakers. They need someone dedicated to the role and who also has the guts to say NO to Lebron & Klutch.

Was a huge mistake hiring Magic as the team president to begin with. He has way too much on his plate on top of running the Lakers. They need someone dedicated to the role and who also has the guts to say NO to Lebron & Klutch.
Pat :lol:

the painting i'm seeing of magic rn is that he was never around doing his job but when he was around he was ****ting on everyone else for "not doing theirs"

I'm seeing the exact same ****. On top of this, Magic probably felt he didn't have ultimate shot calling authority like he thought he did. Funny how he mentioned he didn't want him and Jeanie to be estranged. He mentioned being put in "handcuffs" and "backstabbing." All this speaks volumes. Bottom line: too much drama between him and the NBA and between him and his organization, so he wanted to be free.

Instead of sippin margaritas in Hawaii, Magic should've enrolled himself in some MBA classes like Shaq once did so he could learn how to run a business the right way and earn the same type of credibility as an executive the way he did as a player.

Last edited:
Gonna be real funny in the light if the league forced him out but let Cuban slide

Exactly. I don't wanna hear **** about fired dudes mad at Magic. People at ESPN have always praised Magic for how treats people. Every business he's been people love being around him.

Kuz good at media so he skates all criticism. How about you make an open 3 this summer.

Pelinka is really gunna skate this whole **** just off the strength of being Kobe’s boy.

Jeanie should give up power (and not to Kobe/Pjax/Rambis). She’s beyond clueless.

You mean you didn’t know that after his coaching stint?

Come on.

Why are people acting like they didn’t already know who he was?

It’s disengenous as f***!

Personally, I’m always going to acknowledge Magic’s eternal get out of jail free pass that exists in every corner of Los Angeles.

I’ve even met the dude on multiple occasions and he’s been nothing but cool and humble.

He’s also basically telling everyone that he didn’t have the heart to fire Luke and back stab people (see Andrew Boguts comments about his unceremonious lakers departure)... and people still find comfort in assassinating his character.

I’m not with that.

Magic is a good dude despite what that lakersfilmroom asshat and other spiteful media members want the public to believe.

0106_spo_ldn-l-lakers-nunez-hg6.jpg

I'm seeing the exact same ****. On top of this, Magic probably felt he didn't have ultimate shot calling authority like he thought he did. Funny how he mentioned he didn't want him and Jeanie to be estranged. He mentioned being put in "handcuffs" and "backstabbing." All this speaks volumes. Bottom line: too much drama between him and the NBA and between him and his organization, so he wanted to be free.

Instead of sippin margaritas in Hawaii, Magic should've enrolled himself in some MBA classes like Shaq once did so he could learn how to run a business the right way and earn the same type of credibility as an executive the way he did as a player.
You mean you didn’t know that after his coaching stint?

Come on.

Why are people acting like they didn’t already know who he was?

It’s disengenous as f***!

What are you talkin about man? In my response I literally say everyone saw this coming a mile away. Everyone knew he wouldn't put the work in everybody knew that he was going to put in half effort and lean on his "instincts" and "feel".

I put this primarily on Jeannie for not seeing is coming.

Back
Top Bottom