**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Tamperv1.20_screenshot.gif

Apparently Kawhi has a meeting pending with the Clips.

Legit question, what team would offer DLO the max? Which teams have the cap space for 27m?

Also Bobby Marks said curry would command around 5m. If true, Lakers need to scoop him up

Will interesting to see how good Lonzo will be. He's already real good at everything but scoring and shooting. He's a awful ft shooter and his 3 is the most inconsistent I've ever seen. Still not a good finisher at the rim either.

My pitch to Kawhi.

June 30th, 9:01.

Magic, Kobe, Bron, AD.

Rob, Vogel, Jeanie sitting outside.

Kawhi, have you seen the statues?
Do you know the names hung from our rafters?
Have you seen the 16 Larry OB's?

You could stay in Toronto. You know the grind, you did it in SA. It's tough to repeat. It's hard to play 24-25 extra PLAYOFF wars and do it all again the next year.
Have you met Magic, Kobe, LeBron? They've all done it.

Marc Gasol, Kyle Lowry.....gettin up there. Longest season of their careers this year. Think they can do it again?

Listen, you could stay there. You could join the Clips. Nice stories, nice teams. You join AD and Bron, you're historic. All time could they beat Showtime Lakers? Could they beat MJ's Bulls? Could you beat Steph's healthy Warriors? Bird's Celtics.

Historic.

You get a title here......#17. Most in NBA history. Your 3rd, with 3 teams. Think of that legacy.

You're family, they all want you here.

Your hip 2 years ago, you knew. You couldn't risk it. We understand. We paid Kobe 48.5 after his surgery, did you know that? We shut Bron down IMMEDIATELY to prevent further damage. This the most rested he's been in a decade. And AD 26. And he rested quite a bit too. You'll need that rest. Couple back to backs where you take a night off. Let them help you. 68-70 games this year should keep you fresh. AD can do 74-75. Bron is good for 70. We'll map them out so none of you burn out. Kuz can play 80+, he's young and hungry.

Bron got 3 years, you'll be 31. AD 29. Kuzma 26-27. You still gonna get another Max contract at 31. And have a legit core around you, and we won't owe anymore than 1-2 picks.

Even if you choose elsewhere, we understand, but we'll sign "somebody" to play with Bron/AD/Kuz. You'll have to deal with us. Why not come home and let these guys help ya? The greatest trio since the mid 80's.

Jeanie comes in. Money is not a concern.
Rob comes in. Free Agents will follow you.
Vogel comes in. Here's what I wanna do with you guys defensively......

Door opens again.....Phil. 5 with Mikan.
5 with Magic.
5 with Kobe.

How many will you guys win here? Your home, surrounded by your family.

Rob: Sign, you, AD, Bron, Kuzma. Top 4 in the league. I got 4.8, Rondo will sign tonight. Javale will stay. I'll get you 4-5 more guys that wanna play beside you.
THT Van Fleet, errrrr I mean THT, you'll love this kid. Our scouts do phenomenal work finding young talent. Have you met Jerry's son?

You'll be a nice story with the Clippers. After the Lakers, the Dodgers, Mike Trout, and the NFL.
You're a champ in Toronto.

You will be a legend with the Lakers.

Phil, Kobe, Bron, Magic, Jeanie all pull out handfuls of rings.

AD: "C'mon man, I'm 26, I need your help, let's get me a couple of these too".

:smokin

Word from reddit is Ballmer has been pumping money to various media outlets through back channels. That’s where all this Pro-Clipper/anti-laker BS is stemming from

Where you read that from?

Someone on reddit took an article from another forum (lakerball.com or something like that). There’s a guy that works for AEG that’s a die hard lakers fan and posts in the forum. If you haven’t heard of AEG, I advise u google them. They’re minority owners of the Lakers and work very close with the team. He provided that and many other interesting tidbits. I’ll see if I can find the thread, I’ll post it

My pitch to Kawhi.

June 30th, 9:01.

Magic, Kobe, Bron, AD.

Rob, Vogel, Jeanie sitting outside.

Kawhi, have you seen the statues?
Do you know the names hung from our rafters?
Have you seen the 16 Larry OB's?

You could stay in Toronto. You know the grind, you did it in SA. It's tough to repeat. It's hard to play 24-25 extra PLAYOFF wars and do it all again the next year.
Have you met Magic, Kobe, LeBron? They've all done it.

Marc Gasol, Kyle Lowry.....gettin up there. Longest season of their careers this year. Think they can do it again?

Listen, you could stay there. You could join the Clips. Nice stories, nice teams. You join AD and Bron, you're historic. All time could they beat Showtime Lakers? Could they beat MJ's Bulls? Could you beat Steph's healthy Warriors? Bird's Celtics.

Historic.

You get a title here......#17. Most in NBA history. Your 3rd, with 3 teams. Think of that legacy.

You're family, they all want you here.

Your hip 2 years ago, you knew. You couldn't risk it. We understand. We paid Kobe 48.5 after his surgery, did you know that? We shut Bron down IMMEDIATELY to prevent further damage. This the most rested he's been in a decade. And AD 26. And he rested quite a bit too. You'll need that rest. Couple back to backs where you take a night off. Let them help you. 68-70 games this year should keep you fresh. AD can do 74-75. Bron is good for 70. We'll map them out so none of you burn out. Kuz can play 80+, he's young and hungry.

Bron got 3 years, you'll be 31. AD 29. Kuzma 26-27. You still gonna get another Max contract at 31. And have a legit core around you, and we won't owe anymore than 1-2 picks.

Even if you choose elsewhere, we understand, but we'll sign "somebody" to play with Bron/AD/Kuz. You'll have to deal with us. Why not come home and let these guys help ya? The greatest trio since the mid 80's.

Jeanie comes in. Money is not a concern.
Rob comes in. Free Agents will follow you.
Vogel comes in. Here's what I wanna do with you guys defensively......

Door opens again.....Phil. 5 with Mikan.
5 with Magic.
5 with Kobe.

How many will you guys win here? Your home, surrounded by your family.

Rob: Sign, you, AD, Bron, Kuzma. Top 4 in the league. I got 4.8, Rondo will sign tonight. Javale will stay. I'll get you 4-5 more guys that wanna play beside you.
THT Van Fleet, errrrr I mean THT, you'll love this kid. Our scouts do phenomenal work finding young talent. Have you met Jerry's son?

You'll be a nice story with the Clippers. After the Lakers, the Dodgers, Mike Trout, and the NFL.
You're a champ in Toronto.

You will be a legend with the Lakers.

Phil, Kobe, Bron, Magic, Jeanie all pull out handfuls of rings.

AD: "C'mon man, I'm 26, I need your help, let's get me a couple of these too".

:smokin
You forgot:

“Oh and if you join the clippers. BURN THEM ALL! “

I think all you’d need to do is give his family free laker gear for life and he’ll join

Last edited:
Some of those numbers are concerning for D'Lo but as a third option he should be able to improve them. It'd still be wild to see him actually agree to come back after everything.

Back
Top Bottom