**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

D94HDM2UcAAVI0Y.jpg:large

Last edited:
My pitch to Kawhi.

June 30th, 9:01.

Magic, Kobe, Bron, AD.

Rob, Vogel, Jeanie sitting outside.

Kawhi, have you seen the statues?
Do you know the names hung from our rafters?
Have you seen the 16 Larry OB's?

You could stay in Toronto. You know the grind, you did it in SA. It's tough to repeat. It's hard to play 24-25 extra PLAYOFF wars and do it all again the next year.
Have you met Magic, Kobe, LeBron? They've all done it.

Marc Gasol, Kyle Lowry.....gettin up there. Longest season of their careers this year. Think they can do it again?

Listen, you could stay there. You could join the Clips. Nice stories, nice teams. You join AD and Bron, you're historic. All time could they beat Showtime Lakers? Could they beat MJ's Bulls? Could you beat Steph's healthy Warriors? Bird's Celtics.

Historic.

You get a title here......#17. Most in NBA history. Your 3rd, with 3 teams. Think of that legacy.

You're family, they all want you here.

Your hip 2 years ago, you knew. You couldn't risk it. We understand. We paid Kobe 48.5 after his surgery, did you know that? We shut Bron down IMMEDIATELY to prevent further damage. This the most rested he's been in a decade. And AD 26. And he rested quite a bit too. You'll need that rest. Couple back to backs where you take a night off. Let them help you. 68-70 games this year should keep you fresh. AD can do 74-75. Bron is good for 70. We'll map them out so none of you burn out. Kuz can play 80+, he's young and hungry.

Bron got 3 years, you'll be 31. AD 29. Kuzma 26-27. You still gonna get another Max contract at 31. And have a legit core around you, and we won't owe anymore than 1-2 picks.

Even if you choose elsewhere, we understand, but we'll sign "somebody" to play with Bron/AD/Kuz. You'll have to deal with us. Why not come home and let these guys help ya? The greatest trio since the mid 80's.

Jeanie comes in. Money is not a concern.
Rob comes in. Free Agents will follow you.
Vogel comes in. Here's what I wanna do with you guys defensively......

Door opens again.....Phil. 5 with Mikan.
5 with Magic.
5 with Kobe.

How many will you guys win here? Your home, surrounded by your family.

Rob: Sign, you, AD, Bron, Kuzma. Top 4 in the league. I got 4.8, Rondo will sign tonight. Javale will stay. I'll get you 4-5 more guys that wanna play beside you.
THT Van Fleet, errrrr I mean THT, you'll love this kid. Our scouts do phenomenal work finding young talent. Have you met Jerry's son?

You'll be a nice story with the Clippers. After the Lakers, the Dodgers, Mike Trout, and the NFL.
You're a champ in Toronto.

You will be a legend with the Lakers.

Phil, Kobe, Bron, Magic, Jeanie all pull out handfuls of rings.

AD: "C'mon man, I'm 26, I need your help, let's get me a couple of these too".

:smokin
Mannnn, I doubt Kawhi cares about 80% of what you wrote. Especially the "you have to deal with us" part. *Fun Guy laugh* Means nothing to a Killer.

Reactions: MVP
Kawhi already beat Lebron. He's the best player in the world now and the most powerful player in the league with KD getting hurt. He doesn't NEED the Lakers at all. Stop the nonsense.

How does the Lakers cap space number keep getting smaller? It went from $32m to $27m to $23m and now ESPN is projecting $19m

I legitimately think ESPN has just throwing numbers on the screen now :lol:

32 mil if they get rid of everybody except Bron, AD and Kuz & AD waives his trade kicker
27 mil if they keep everybody & AD waives his trade kicker
23 mil if they keep everybody & AD doesn't waive his trade kicker
19 mil they keep everybody including Bullock's cap hold & AD doesn't waive his trade kicker

Back
Top Bottom