**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

i dont think Zo ever makes an all star team or reaches the caliber
luka, Ja, SGA, booker, russell and mitchell are the next leading guards
and you still have westbrook, harden, curry, klay, lillard, CJ , kawhi in the fold for the next 2-3 years.

ice trae not on your list??

Not a good look for Lebron
Whether he went or not is a fine look either way, but I'm not one to tell another grown man what to do if it doesn't affect me & mines.

'But, Ska, he's face of the Lakers. He HAS to be there. And he HAS to announce his seat number. And which Kobes he wore.'

Yeah, he doesn't, though. He has to do what he feels comfortable doing when he lays his own head down at night.

'But people think if he does this it shows he cares and if he doesn't then it shows he doesn't care.'

People stuck in junior high thinking, yeah. Anyone who thinks that he doesn't care because he didn't do actions that they interpret as caring is full of themself.

Agreed, but comes with the territory when you the face of the league and the current face of the lakers (Kobe’s team)

Whether he went or not is a fine look either way, but I'm not one to tell another grown man what to do if it doesn't affect me & mines.

'But, Ska, he's face of the Lakers. He HAS to be there. And he HAS to announce his seat number. And which Kobes he wore.'

Yeah, he doesn't, though. He has to do what he feels comfortable doing when he lays his own head down at night.

'But people think if he does this it shows he cares and if he doesn't then it shows he doesn't care.'

People stuck in junior high thinking, yeah. Anyone who thinks that he doesn't care because he didn't do actions that they interpret as caring is full of themself.
QFT.

that’s the exact sentiment I had when reading the article. Like “ok. It’s ok you ask him if he was there. Fair question. So what if he didn’t wanna go? Maybe he cant take 2 hours of staring at Kobe’s face As he cries and heart aches for 2 hours On national tv. It’s not like he can’t visit family members and it’s possible he has already. Either way. None of my business.
But then again I’m an older cat so I don’t really subscribe to high school/social media level thinking

This is weird reporting though because LA Times reported yesterday that he was there and there were some media twitter folk i follow that said he was there too

I kinda feel like he's deflecting because he's getting tired of them making it about him
ALL of yesterday all anyone was worried about was "where is LeBron" "why wasn't he shown" and it took away from kobe's memorial day

and now the day after they're asking him about it and it's like making it about him again. THAT'S the bad look imo

damned if he do damned if he don't.

when he didn't post on IG right away, he got killed for not posting right away
people were destroying him in his IG talking about he sacrificed kobe and that he's a phony and fraud and this and that

then he posts on IG then everyone gets mad at him for making it about him" and "they not even close what a scum using kobe death for his own agenda"

so now he prob goes to the memorial and makes sure to be a low-key spot and zero camera action so he doesn't make it about him.. and now people are mad that he didn't make his presence known.. same people that if he made his presence known and the showed the camera on him 500x like they did Curry they would get mad about him making it about him.

people talking more about him not being shown than the actual memorial

I haven't always been a fan of Lebron, but he literally can't win.

My thought was he didn't want to be seen because he didn't want it to be about him which makes perfect sense to me. Then I see dummies all over the places aking where he is...

THIS ISN'T ABOUT HIM! IT'S ABOUT KOBE, GIGI AND THE OTHER VICTIMS!

SMH...

I haven't always been a fan of Lebron, but he literally can't win.

My thought was he didn't want to be seen because he didn't want it to be about him which makes perfect sense to me. Then I see dummies all over the places aking where he is...

THIS ISN'T ABOUT HIM! IT'S ABOUT KOBE, GIGI AND THE OTHER VICTIMS!

SMH...
yes bruh
did you see how many times they showed Curry's face
they would have plastered Bron's face all over the screen too and then folk woulda got mad that they showed him so much that he was making his presence overshadow the event

all anyone talking about today about that memorial is where he was at and that's overshadowing the event lol

i still don't get LA times reporting tho they reported he was there yesterday so i dont get why they would drop this report after lol to get clicks i guess?

C913CA08-F14C-4938-A141-4EEC3BD8B524.jpeg
EA6A2E29-2E39-4928-8182-653185470EE9.jpeg

just got these in. I wanted to frame the newspapers but thought about it and itd be way too sad of a reminder if i did that and put them up somewhere. Definitely going to figure out a different way to protect them though

C913CA08-F14C-4938-A141-4EEC3BD8B524.jpeg
EA6A2E29-2E39-4928-8182-653185470EE9.jpeg

just got these in. I wanted to frame the newspapers but thought about it and itd be way too sad of a reminder if i did that and put them up somewhere. Definitely going to figure out a different way to protect them though
yep. worst thing to do is frame it.

keep it away from light, store in a cool dry place. i'd put some acide free tissue in between pages to make sure it doesn't leave a mark on succeeding pages.

have some autographed item that faded overtime and it was just exposed to indoor light and that was signed with a quality marker. just imagine the ink they use on these newspapers. very low quality.

Not a good look for Lebron

why is this not a good look?
people grieve in different ways.

I don’t know Kobe and I barely wanted to watch cause I knew that **** would kill me. I can’t imagine how someone who actually knew him must’ve felt.

People trynna police how others should grieve are ****ing scum.

I have a feeling Boogie gonna get resigned and take McGees starting spot and McGee takes over Dwights role. Dwight has done a amazing job and probably prices us out unless he is still willing to take vets min. Either way one bigs gotta go between McGee, Boogie, and Dwight. Either that or someone takes a backseat kind of like what Quinn is doing.

why is this not a good look?
people grieve in different ways.

I don’t know Kobe and I barely wanted to watch cause I knew that **** would kill me. I can’t imagine how someone who actually knew him must’ve felt.

People trynna police how others should grieve are ****ing scum.
prob gonna say some stuff like
all the other goats were there
bron said they're close why wasn't he there
if vanessa was there he should have been okay to be there he wasn't as close as MJ
he the face of the league and face of lakers
etc lol

think bron just no longer wants to answer anything about the kobe.
no one talking about Kawhi or PG not being there and they supposed to be super close to kobe lol since they're his students

Back
Top Bottom