**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The discussion we had was calculated caution.

This guys been doom and gloom from the start.

Too many signs to leagues starting so continual doom and gloom is just plain funny at this point.
Doom and gloom? Lol, perhaps that’s how you interpret it. But on this subject, I’ve only brought up facts, realistic arguments, and no hyperbole.

Still don’t know what signs you are talking about. The #1 sign to consider is the outlook of the disease. The league will collaborate with public health officials and the government before opening. What gives you any idea that public health officials and the government will approve the league to resume activity??? Of course the league wants to open for $$$, and are currently working on prospective plans, but they’re not going to completely disregard the advice (orders) of those people and put people at risk.

And to keep it as simple as possible. Look at what happened when Wuhan reopened its city after two weeks of ZERO new cases. It was a complete failure as new infections came out immediately. But the notion that we’re gonna allow sports play and cluster 1000s of people in one confined area during the worst period of our epidemic is crazy lol.

Disagree, sure. But at least give me reasons WHY you believe the league will open up instead of baseless replies.

Otherwise if you can’t, I’ll quote you when Adam silver confirms season is done.

Doom and gloom? Lol, perhaps that’s how you interpret it. But on this subject, I’ve only brought up facts, realistic arguments, and no hyperbole.

Still don’t know what signs you are talking about. The #1 sign to consider is the outlook of the disease. The league will collaborate with public health officials and the government before opening. What gives you any idea that public health officials and the government will approve the league to resume activity??? Of course the league wants to open for $$$, and are currently working on prospective plans, but they’re not going to completely disregard the advice (orders) of those people and put people at risk.

And to keep it as simple as possible. Look at what happened when Wuhan reopened its city after two weeks of ZERO new cases. It was a complete failure as new infections came out immediately. But the notion that we’re gonna allow sports play and cluster 1000s of people in one confined area during the worst period of our epidemic is crazy lol.

Disagree, sure. But at least give me reasons WHY you believe the league will open up instead of baseless replies.

Otherwise if you can’t, I’ll quote you when Adam silver confirms season is done.

Please qoute me if he does confirm the season is done.

You got it dude.

The discussion we had was calculated caution.

This guys been doom and gloom from the start.

Too many signs to leagues starting so continual doom and gloom is just plain funny at this point.

I agree we don't need full doom and gloom. 100.

But I don't agree about signs for leagues starting. Those are made up contingencies. What ifs, maybes, etc. Not actual signs of anything.

Hell, the numbers are still rising. The Pres is pushing a drug he secretly benefits from and France has already cancelled......because it kills people. :frown:

Think about that.

And we gonna fire up Spring Training during all that? I can't see it. Not until the numbers fall way off. Like he did say, not just the players. Need people in Hotels to be clean, Cooks, trainers, coaches, refs, reporters, TV/Radio folks......ALL of them have to stay pristine, AND THEN, family. Wife's, girlfriends, kids, parents etc. Thousands of people, zero contact.
All we can do is pray you're right and sports overcomes. 🙏

I agree we don't need full doom and gloom. 100.

But I don't agree about signs for leagues starting. Those are made up contingencies. What ifs, maybes, etc. Not actual signs of anything.

Hell, the numbers are still rising. The Pres is pushing a drug he secretly benefits from and France has already cancelled......because it kills people. :frown:

Think about that.

And we gonna fire up Spring Training during all that? I can't see it. Not until the numbers fall way off. Like he did say, not just the players. Need people in Hotels to be clean, Cooks, trainers, coaches, refs, reporters, TV/Radio folks......ALL of them have to stay pristine, AND THEN, family. Wife's, girlfriends, kids, parents etc. Thousands of people, zero contact.
All we can do is pray you're right and sports overcomes. 🙏

But here is my thing...I never said it wasn't possible that they wouldn't start back up. If the commissioners of the leauge were saying no chance, then I could understand the doom and gloom narrative.

Until Silver and the other commissioners say we aren't playing, we are. The goal is to come back. Until they say something different that's what's it is.

Actually as a matter of fact it's probably better we stop saying we are/aren't playing until it's actually announced.

I'm done on this subject.

Really hope Tupac is right

Sick of being on lockdown working from home with these wild *** kids. And I miss watching sports and hoopin like I never imagined

but the realist in me is saying this season’s a wrap.

Really hope Tupac is right

Sick of being on lockdown working from home with these wild *** kids. And I miss watching sports and hoopin like I never imagined

but the realist in me is saying this season’s a wrap.

It's not about right or wrong.

It's just my opinion vs others.

I don't care if I'm right or wrong.

I just want us to play again and I'm not the only one. Leauges want it as well.

It is what it is.

o9phf9cadjr41.jpg

Do you guys really want to watch the rest of the season it’s going to Be half *** b-ball half the league will come in out of shape out of tune. I don’t want to see another team win the chip because my lakers came in rusty. Just cancel it start fresh in a few months

Do you guys really want to watch the rest of the season it’s going to Be half *** b-ball half the league will come in out of shape out of tune. I don’t want to see another team win the chip because my lakers came in rusty. Just cancel it start fresh in a few months
There will not be no half *** basketball. These players are itching to play

How does Ric Bucher still have a job?

As soon as the rapid test is available to the masses, season will resume in a neutral site with no fans. You can literally test people weekly with that and know results in 15 mins. Hell you can test people anytime they leave the compound

MILLIONS OF DOLLARS are at stake. Asking players to self isolate themselves within hotels for 5 weeks for a playoffs (assuming they keep winning) won’t be hard assuming it means MILLIONS for them

I remember a lot of people vilified Rob, called him a snake and took Magic’s side without hearing both sides. Mission is far from over, but It’s nice to see Rob somewhat vindicated. Difference in their management style is so vast, he seems to offer stability and I like how he’s finding ways to keep everything internal.

I feel like the Lakers found a gem in Pelinka. It’s hard to find a really good GM in this league.

I remember a lot of people vilified Rob, called him a snake and took Magic’s side without hearing both sides. Mission is far from over, but It’s nice to see Rob somewhat vindicated. Difference in their management style is so vast, he seems to offer stability and I like how he’s finding ways to keep everything internal.

I feel like the Lakers found a gem in Pelinka. It’s hard to find a really good GM in this league.

I know I was was one of them. But after this summer and watching the team he put together, it is so clear that Magic made a ton of mistakes and the best thing for this franchise was for him not to be in power.

Back
Top Bottom