**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The NBA can correct the employees coming and going.

Until they say otherwise, we are playing ball.

Dwight Howard one of the players that spoke out about playin.

200 players on that call.

Season is in trouble folks.
MLB pretty much cancelled.....

USA in a lot of trouble right now. :frown:

I feel like we did this when the season stopped the first time. We jumped to huge conclusions.

I don't understand how players having a conversation = the season is in trouble.

For the 200 players on the call, how many spoke about not playing? How many were just listening for information? How many still want to play?

We don't have that info so it's way to early to say what is and isn't in trouble.

Sounds like a discussion.

It's it 200 or 80?

Sounds like Kyrie is concerned about more than Covid. Which is fair. Social justice is prevalent right now.

None of what happen on that call signals the season isn't going to happen.

I 100% believe some players will not play. That's about it.

MLB isn't pretty much canceled.

Not even close to canceled.

:lol: yeah man, it is. They are heading towards a nasty legal battle. You think all these "negotiating" games are real???? 114, 50, 90, 78, 50 etc etc. The owners are shutting it down, on purpose. MLB is in way worse shape than NBA/NFL. Minor league system is destroyed, it's all bad.

So Dwight and Avery are against playing...

That's checkmate?

Lmao...ok

No, sounds like they are saying they want everyone in unison for taking a stand against league. Bradley was quoted as chess/checkers comment.

I'm more worried about Dwight/Bradley aren't thinking of the title chance like I assume rest of the team would be. I "assumed" every Laker would be 100% on board with playin this year. I was wrong.

(Curious what Bron/AD want).

:lol: yeah man, it is. They are heading towards a nasty legal battle. You think all these "negotiating" games are real???? 114, 50, 90, 78, 50 etc etc. The owners are shutting it down, on purpose. MLB is in way worse shape than NBA/NFL. Minor league system is destroyed, it's all bad.

So they are fake negotiating now?

I swear...I don't understand how people interpret things....

There is a legal battle if the players play under protest which there is a shot of but as far is it just not happening...nah.

No, sounds like they are saying they want everyone in unison for taking a stand against league. Bradley was quoted as chess/checkers comment.

I'm more worried about Dwight/Bradley aren't thinking of the title chance like I assume rest of the team would be. I "assumed" every Laker would be 100% on board with playin this year. I was wrong.

(Curious what Bron/AD want).

And none of that means the season is in jeopardy.

So they are fake negotiating now?

I swear...I don't understand how people interpret things....

There is a legal battle if the players play under protest which there is a shot of but as far is it just not happening...nah.

Do you follow any of the Stark's, Heyman's etc? They are telling you this is very bad.

Players literally tweeting about the rejected counters before they hit send.

They are waiting for Manfred to declare 50 game season THEN the two sides would go to court over it. It's a literal labor standoff. This isn't me pulling stuff outta thin air man. You should know me better than that by now.

Do you follow any of the Stark's, Heyman's etc? They are telling you this is very bad.

Players literally tweeting about the rejected counters before they hit send.

They are waiting for Manfred to declare 50 game season THEN the two sides would go to court over it. It's a literal labor standoff. This isn't me pulling stuff outta thin air man. You should know me better than that by now.

I've been watching the same stuff you have.

When the season happens, don't be surprised.

This is not good news if you’re a fan hopeful of the season resuming. I’m not so sure the league will move forward and force the season to resume if they don’t have full support of the players

League will resume. Majority of players will play. Money on the line. Guys are already playing tons of pickup at gyms not in the bubble. Lord trump will save us

League will resume. Majority of players will play. Money on the line. Guys are already playing tons of pickup at gyms not in the bubble. Lord trump will save us

I would agree but I read something about players not liking the optics of black men entertaining white people so the white owners can make money during a time of nationwide civil unrest . Not sure I agree with that sentiment but it’s out there

Yeah season's done IMO. Too many loose ends. Players have kids who they don't have custody of, girlfriends. I understand them not wanting to play. Selfishly, as a Lakers fan I want to resume play because I think we're the title favorites but I understand the apprehension

I would agree but I read something about players not liking the optics of black men entertaining white people so the white owners can make money during a time of nationwide civil unrest . Not sure I agree with that sentiment but it’s out there
Players will lose money too if they don’t play. That is all

Gotta love NT.

One call happens = season is in trouble.

Ok.

Florida cases spiking

Disney employees not staying in bubble

Other leagues/people also in Disney at the same time

Now players not all on same page

It's not just one call. There's a lot to worry about here. Surviving 3+ months will not be easy.

Back
Top Bottom