**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Sorry but I give Vogel a C- so far this year.

he has 0 offensive creativity.
he is very stubborn with rotations, especially center minutes.
he basically doesn’t believe in load management.

Ya'll are trippin like crazy wanting Demarcus Cousins :lol:

Also far too much panicking but that's par for the course here.

Pelinka and the FO team really dropped the ball making this team smaller.
Size, Length, Interior Defense, and Interior Offense are what gave the Lakers THE competitive edge against every opponent last year.

Pelinka knows this, Rambis knows this.

We will add a big, I can almost guarantee it.

8ntpdz4brcj61.jpg

Mentally preparing myself for tonight's blowout smh.

Since AD's injury the Lakers have allowed the following:
104 - Minn
109 - BK (no Dennis, of course no KD)
96 - Miami
124 - Wash (OT, 115 at the end of regulation)

That's 108 ppg during this stretch, which would still be good for 5th best in the league. I'd have to look up the numbers to confirm, but I feel like this year's team is better at defending the 3 compared to last year's squad. The Brooklyn game showed us just how much Dennis is missed because we couldn't stay in front of anyone...it was scramble mode all game which led to a lot of wide open 3's. Lost that game by 11, but got outscored by 30 from 3 (BK 18 made, LAL made 8) which was the ball game.

There's two spots available and Pelinka has to fill one by next week. The defense has been good enough to win games, it's the offense that's letting the team down. Vogel has to be more creative with the playbook, and the Lakers need another guy who can make plays so Lebron can focus on scoring. LOL does anyone know if the Lakers can re-sign Rondo if he's cut by ATL?

Man I looked at the potential buyout market for guards.

Not. Good.

Lol, he might be worth a shot. Hey, maybe bring back Waiters Island if he's in shape.

*Will the Pistons do the right thing and #FreeEllington? pmatic pmatic :nerd:

Last edited:
Wonder what it would take to get PJ out of Hou. Don't think a buyout happens even with the injuries and him dogging it this season.

we need an athletic shot blocker.

any big bum who can defend the paint and block a shot

**** it throw giannis brother out there

Well for the reg season he probably doesn't. :lol:

But Playoffs time tho? Bron/PJ/AD defensively :emoji_hugging: when you consider the switchability. Plus you have to stay attached to PJ in the corner on the other end opening up the driving lanes and finally giving Bron the knockdown shooter. Manna from heaven.

Simple conjecture is all. I'm all aboard the Whiteside train as well.

Back
Top Bottom