**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

While I’m not necessarily “worried” about playing in the play-in tournament, it’s just one extra thing to deal with that never even crossed our minds maybe a month or so ago.
I think the ship on the “one extra thing” has sailed many times over. Maybe after the Shroeder getting covid or Vogel still not knowing his center lineups.

the last month has been a big “one more thing” so I’m sure they guys aren’t worried. Get healthy. Find rhythm. Ball. One game at a time.

And James, who was back on the sideline for the Suns game and seemingly on his feet the entire game cheering the team on, sounds like he's on the cusp of a return himself.

"What I seen from LeBron today ... he's ... he'll be fine," Davis said. "Trust me. He'll be fine."

While Vogel did not provide a target date that James could be back in the mix, he sounded confident that the four-time MVP would be in the lineup before the regular season ends in a week.

"Hopefully we have enough time for [his rhythm and timing] to pick up very quickly," Vogel said. "I've tended to learn to have confidence in LeBron James in situations like that."

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope detailed what the team has seen out of James while he's been on the mend.

"I feel like he'll be playoff-ready," Caldwell-Pope said. "Just seeing his workouts, he's really putting in that work getting himself back together 100%. He's showing it in his workout. Going hard in drills, dunking the ball, so just seeing that we're very excited."

tumblr_n662iudXx31s3gys4o1_400.gif

I think the play in could help, honestly. I know we need the rest, but we also need the REPS. Having everyone on the court, together, for the first time in forever will be big in terms of ID'ing roles and what not.

IF, and I do mean IF, Bron and AD are healthy, I'm not stressing anybody. Beating those two 4 times in two weeks will be a tall task for anybody.

If they aren't right, then it wouldn't matter who else was in or out of the lineup, those 2 make everything else easier for all others. Dennis, Drummond, Gasol, Kuz, KCP etc.

5 seed, 6 seed, 7 seed, 8 seed, I don't care, make the playoffs and flourish. :smokin

Eh we'll see. Bron didn't look good after having all that time off, doubt a another week off will make that much of an improvement but who knows. Going to need him at least 85-90% of what he's normally to get back to the finals.

Eh we'll see. Bron didn't look good after having all that time off, doubt a another week off will make that much of an improvement but who knows. Going to need him at least 85-90% of what he's normally to get back to the finals.
Double up

My theory is he came back, still injured but not hurt and saw AD messing around so went into chill mode…but now that AD is back it’s go time

i think he did tweak that ankle a bit when he came back but it was probably overstated to get him some extra rest
AD starting to look like AD again but I wish he wouldn't fall so damn much and he always getting nicked like 3x a game bruh lol

if the jazz and suns know whats best for them they try hard to beat the blazers and try to avoid playing the lakers in the first round

Plus Shroeder said same thing about James the first time lol

I think the play in could help, honestly. I know we need the rest, but we also need the REPS. Having everyone on the court, together, for the first time in forever will be big in terms of ID'ing roles and what not.

IF, and I do mean IF, Bron and AD are healthy, I'm not stressing anybody. Beating those two 4 times in two weeks will be a tall task for anybody.

If they aren't right, then it wouldn't matter who else was in or out of the lineup, those 2 make everything else easier for all others. Dennis, Drummond, Gasol, Kuz, KCP etc.

5 seed, 6 seed, 7 seed, 8 seed, I don't care, make the playoffs and flourish. :smokin
Ya rest is good but if you win first play in. You still get 4-5 days off. Win Tuesday and play Saturday or Sunday. Plus you can take last game of season off and then have 4 days off BEFore the first play in. That’s 8 days off with 1 game in middle. Not bad

Re: using that whole week off if 6th seed to prepare for playoff team isn’t relevant bc lakers only need to worry about themselves. So their practices won’t change much if they have a pit stop in middle of the week off

Wonder if he's going to issue another storm warning.
to be fair the last time he spoke spicy was when he posted that pic of him in the hyperbolic time chamber and he followed that up by helping deliver a chip :lol:

to be fair the last time he spoke spicy was when he posted that pic of him in the hyperbolic time chamber and he followed that up by helping deliver a chip :lol:

He literally went on a post spree before returning and getting hurt again last week.

Back
Top Bottom