**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Bring back one of Dwight/Javale for the minimum (leaning towards Dwight), use the MLE on a wing like Bullock. I'm fine with bringing back Wes and Kieff too.

I’ll leave this here for all the 12 year old nerds that **** on the previous generations:

8C1A88BA-5DEE-4B70-8188-576909DF8DAD.jpeg

The day the Lakers announced thry had signed Shaq, I was getting ready for my shift at the Edward's Cinemas and proceeded to sweep popcorn off the floor cleaning up after people who just watched the newly released "Kazaam," and knowing the Big Diesel was bout to put the Lakers back on the championship map.

Definitely one of those days you remember where you was at

Hollinger has Caruso rated higher than Schroder. :lol:

8. Alex Caruso, Lakers: $12,154,644 (22nd overall)
MVP chants from Staples Center aside, Alex Caruso is actually underrated in some respects. He’s one of the best defensive guards in the league, and defense at the guard position tends to get massively underpaid. Regarded as a non-shooter, he upped his number to 40.1 percent from 3 last year and is at 37.7 percent career, although admittedly on low volume.

Caruso can be a little wild on the ball and thrives best in a combo role, which as with McConnell above may leave teams skittish about paying him starter money. Caruso also is one of several complicated decisions facing the Lakers this offseason. They have full Bird rights, so paying him isn’t the issue, but re-signing him would likely push the Lakers past the apron and take their full midlevel exception and sign-and-trade possibilities out of play.

10. Dennis Schröder, Lakers: $11,360,013
If Dennis Schröder really turned down a four-year, $80 million extension offer from the Lakers, this might prove an expensive mistake. He proved a high-level sixth man in Oklahoma City but struggled as a starter with the Lakers and is likely to settle in at a dollar value a bit above the midlevel exception.

He’s 27, so the age risk isn’t prominent yet, but three years and $35 million sounds about right. However, this could also end up in a “bet-on-yourself” situation where Schröder opts for a one-year deal with a player option so he can try again next year.

Saw a Hollinger post that said Danny Green is the 8th best FA this summer and according to this BORD formula he’s worth around $19 million annually. And Drummond’s value is around $15 mil… this man needs to be stopped 😂

14. Talen Horton-Tucker, Lakers (restricted): $5,310,035
The youngest player on the free-agent market, the 20-year-old Talen Horton-Tucker has the sharks circling because the Lakers may be unwilling to match an expensive offer sheet for him. There are two reasons this is possible: First, the luxury-tax implications could get severe if the Lakers also bring back Dennis Schröder and Alex Caruso and Montrezl Harrell opts in to his $9.7 million deal.

Second, the Lakers’ alternate pathway of using sign-and-trades or the full midlevel exception is already complicated given how hard it will be for them to stay below the luxury-tax apron. That effort becomes virtually impossible if a significant salary for Horton-Tucker is also part of their payroll.

Because Horton-Tucker was a rookie on a two-year deal, he is subject to the so-called “Gilbert Arenas” rule — teams can only offer him the full MLE for the first two years of an offer sheet, which should be about $10 million a year. However, it can rise all the way up to the max in years 3 and 4; this has actually happened, with Miami matching a Brooklyn offer sheet on Tyler Johnson for the entire Arenas-rule max in 2016.

Forking out that much for Horton-Tucker would likely be regrettable, but he’d be a good get at more reasonable price points. Given L.A.’s other constraints and the Lakers’ current timeline, it wouldn’t be shocking to see him as part of a sign-and-trade that brings back another win-now piece.

I don't know how many times i have to reiterate this if we end up losing THT for a role player (especially one who's older) it's gonna be a loss.

Classic case of overrating our prospects. THT is much closer to a Kuzma than an Ingram let's not get crazy talking like he's untouchable.

Back
Top Bottom