**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Hmmm surprise surprise. Bigger stronger faster team won. 3 point shooting was moot in high pressure situations. Defense won.

hmmm ya let’s go and get all 3 pt shooting. Trade everyone for Korver, Reddick and Quinn Cook!!!

Hmmm surprise surprise. Bigger stronger faster team won. 3 point shooting was moot in high pressure situations. Defense won.

hmmm ya let’s go and get all 3 pt shooting. Trade everyone for Korver, Reddick and Quinn Cook!!!
It helps when you got someone who can CLAMP your 2 best players

dxr66ldomhc71.jpg

Watching What man :lol::lol::lol:

Why do ya'll keep acting as if the Lakers weren't the #1 seed & won a championship with AD being dominate in the playoffs

cmon now you gonna act like you don’t see AD getting complacent on defense and especially on offense.

Hell there were time last year where AD was just settling for that mid range jumper and it annoyed the hell outta me.

Giannis play how i would like AD to play most nights.

If AD played like that with his Jumper it’s a wrap

cmon now you gonna act like you don’t see AD getting complacent on defense and especially on offense.

What playoffs were you watching last year where AD was complacent on defense? Giannis averaged a whopping two more points than AD did last playoffs :lol: .

Giannis is great & had a tremendous playoff run, but let's not act like we didn't see the two years prior to this where all that aggression going to the rim led to bricks & turnovers. We saw AD against this exact Suns team. he had one bad game then the next two he gave them 34 & 11 before getting injured.

AD doesn't play like Giannis because they have two different skillsets & AD has Lebron on his squad. if we take away the games he ain't finish due to injury this playoffs, he's averaging 29 ppg for his playoff career :lol:.

We spent the entire year talking about how this team didn't have spacing for Lebron to attack, & now you wish AD played like Giannis??

we gotta stop being stuck in the moment man

Last edited:
What playoffs were you watching last year where AD was complacent on defense? Giannis averaged a whopping two more points than AD did last playoffs :lol: .

Giannis is great & had a tremendous playoff run, but let's not act like we didn't see the two years prior to this where all that aggression going to the rim led to bricks & turnovers. We saw AD against this exact Suns team. he had one bad game then the next two he gave them 34 & 11 before getting injured.

AD doesn't play like Giannis because they have two different skillsets & AD has Lebron on his squad. if we take away the games he ain't finish due to injury this playoffs, he's averaging 29 ppg for his playoff career :lol:.

We spent the entire year talking about how this team didn't have spacing for Lebron to attack, & now you wish AD played like Giannis??

we gotta stop being stuck in the moment man

We do this every year.
It’s recency bias

every year by the end of the finals we crown a new top player. Then reality hits and tried and tested players eventually emerge to the top.
But in reality. Who cares who is better. Just win baby win

Balanced* rosters w/ hard a working leader (or 2) win championships.

That's it... but that's not easy. We don't need 3s... but we don't not need 3s. We don't need to clog the lane... but we can't abandon rim presence.

My focus would be on rim presence & perimeter defense.

*3s, midrange scoring, scoring around the rim, starters, bench, half court, full court run-n-gun, interior defense, perimeter defense

Balanced* rosters w/ hard a working leader (or 2) win championships.

That's it... but that's not easy. We don't need 3s... but we don't not need 3s. We don't need to clog the lane... but we can't abandon rim presence.

My focus would be on rim presence & perimeter defense.

*3s, midrange scoring, scoring around the rim, starters, bench, half court, full court run-n-gun, interior defense, perimeter defense
Also, we need AD and Lebron to play like the best players in the series.
Who was scoring for bucks at the end? Middleton and Giannis.

here we are yelling at kcp and Kuzma when AD puts up a whopping 12 pts in “must win” end of season games lol

yesterday was like christmas in july

the best day in sports history only second to the day kyle kuzma gets traded.

Reactions: DLF
Hell there were time last year where AD was just settling for that mid range jumper and it annoyed the hell outta me.

Giannis play how i would like AD to play most nights.

If AD played like that with his Jumper it’s a wrap
If AD don't learn to play INSIDE-OUT, he better call Giannis for some advice.

Every time Giannis made up his mind and decided to assert his will inside the paint in games 5 and 6, I reassured myself, "AD should be doing the same damn thing if he were healthy and wasn't afraid to BANG."

Every time Giannis made up his mind and decided to assert his will inside the paint in games 5 and 6, I reassured myself, "AD should be doing the same damn thing if he were healthy and wasn't afraid to BANG."
He will. They already talking about having him play more center.

plus last year was an anomoly. He was physically and mentally exhausted.

next year is his year.

Bro he shoots 53% from the field for his playoff career, Giannis also shoots 53%, Giannis averages 9 fta AD averages 8.2...... what is the point of banging if you can still have the same results w/o it.

Giannis attacks the basket so much because that's his strength & his other moves aren't nearly as effective, AD doesn't have to do that as much because he has a lot more touch around the rim. AD does have periods of the game from time to time where he isn't in attack mode, but it's an EXTREMELY overstated narrative at this point.

Dude about as consistent as you could ever ask for, That banging worked so well based on the opponents played. When he went up against top tier defensive teams he Struggled.

Westbrook is the play. Triple double machine. And he attacks the paint at will, which will allow lebron to save energy for key moments in the game to attack at will as well I say do it bring Westbrook home.

Back
Top Bottom