**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

jij5nides2g71.jpg
So glad Dwight went to his "A.A." meetings a few years ago.

Attitude Adjustment done wonders for his career

Imo, Melo is gonna start if he earns it.

Ain't no tryna save him for the bench, like they did at POR where they alread had Covington playing Melo's position. No Kuz, no Kieff at PF means the spot is wide open for Melo to take

Melo and Bron at forward allows them to interchange between small and power forward depending on the matchup.

These two greats have been wanting to join forces for years, they're going to want to play together as starters.

Russ
TBD but I like Bazemore or Ellington
Bron
Melo
AD

Heck I can even see this happening if Lakers wanna run n gun going Big..

Russ
Bron
Melo
AD
Dwight

Last edited:
Lol at thinking our best defender outside of AD won’t be starting

preseason starters:
russ
Bazemore
Lebron
AD
gasol

This lineup with Shroeder instead of Russ and baze instead of kcp was 21-7 to start last year.

From preseason they will Adjust lineup as needed.
They might even go and gets young center if Gasol looks beyond washed but he can theoretically set shooters up from top of the key

Lol at thinking our best defender outside of AD won’t be starting

preseason starters:
russ
Bazemore
Lebron
AD
gasol

This lineup with Shroeder instead of Russ and baze instead of kcp was 21-7 to start last year.

From preseason they will Adjust lineup as needed.
They might even go and gets young center if Gasol looks beyond washed but he can theoretically set shooters up from top of the key
LOL at Gasol starting. Which "shooters" would he be setting up in the starting lineup?

Dwight finna start before Marc.

Gasol should be "2nd unit situational" depending on the opponent's 2nd unit lineup. He perfect for setting up guys like Wayne, Trevor, Nunn, Monk

LOL at Gasol starting. Which "shooters" would he be setting up in the starting lineup?

Dwight finna start before Marc.

Gasol should be "2nd unit situational" depending on the opponent's 2nd unit lineup. He perfect for setting up guys like Wayne, Trevor, Nunn, Monk
He would be the shooter getting out of the paint

You failed to look the key word: preseason

I think on paper this is the roster they trot out.
You may end up being right. (Hence my argument that if Gasol looks beyond washed they will go and get another center).

I hope you’re right and Dwight starts and it works. I don’t wanna be right to spite the team lol.

He would be the shooter getting out of the paint

You failed to look the key word: preseason

I think on paper this is the roster they trot out.
You may end up being right. (Hence my argument that if Gasol looks beyond washed they will go and get another center).

I hope you’re right and Dwight starts and it works. I don’t wanna be right to spite the team lol.
Where you'll be right is the part where Gasol will look "beyond washed" for the most part. I see Marc getting several DNPCD's throughout the season. Only games he plays is when we playing Jokic, Embiid, Lopez, Ayton, KAT, Valenciunas, Kanter, Nurkic, Boogie, Zubac, and Adams.

Which means, more minutes at center for AD and Dwight, like it was for the vast majority of the title run.

I like starting Dwight for *most* match-ups, but Gasol against the top ball-dominant, centers (Embiid, Jokic). Gasol is free points for opposing teams on switches, he looks like he's in quicksand. He's still skilled at 1v1 center matchups, he can do a good job if his only job is to slow down the opposing center. Otherwise, have Dwight start at center, or AD if want to go small

I don't see the purpose of the meeting with Bron/AD/Russ if AD isn't gonna start at center. Think Gasol and Dwight will be off the bench and matchup dependent

I think AD will play the majority of his minutes at center but I don't think he will play center full-time or start at center.
I think it makes sense for him to start with Russ. Gasol spreads the floor but is useless on the break. Russ is a great interior passer and should spoon feed AD for easy buckets

AD starting at the 5 = not really a huge deal

AD playing most of his minutes at the 5 = absolutely has to happen.

Most important thing to figure out is the closing lineup. I like Russ, Baze, Trevor, Bron and AD at the moment but that could change once the season starts and we get to see how the old guys look (hopefully not washed)

is there any young guy we could take a flyer on ho can be a rim threat?? with Russ & Bron having that lob threat when AD sits is still valuable

Russ been a mad man

Last edited:
I don't see the purpose of the meeting with Bron/AD/Russ if AD isn't gonna start at center. Think Gasol and Dwight will be off the bench and matchup dependent
It’s possible they do the reverse. AD starts at center and does for for first 5 mins of the game and switches to the four halfway through when Russ sits. This way it creates illusion he’s playing the 5 more

is there any young guy we could take a flyer on ho can be a rim threat?? with Russ & Bron having that lob threat when AD sits is still valuable
Marquese Chriss didn't play this past season, but he was decent the season before with the Warriors. Athletic and can pass.

Back
Top Bottom