**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

You know who else was an agent with no front office experience that turned out pretty well...Bob Myers in GS.

Rob is well connected with players, knows the CBA, if he gets brought on as long as he gets surrounded with people who are experienced, we'll be fine. Magic knows business and getting people who know what their doing to run stuff. Just calm down for a minute and see what team he gets around him.

Last edited:
You know who else was an agent with no front office experience that turned out pretty well...Bob Myers in GS.

Rob is well connected with players, knows the CBA, if he is brought on as long as he gets surrounded with people who are experienced, we'll be fine. Magic knows business and getting people who know what their doing to run stuff. Just calm down for a minute and see what team he gets around him.

This is where I am right now.

Gotta say it's gonna be entertaining watching mamba defend every move from this new regime. How the turntables have turned

Rob is well connected with players, knows the CBA, if he gets brought on as long as he gets surrounded with people who are experienced, we'll be fine. Magic knows business and getting people who know what their doing to run stuff. Just calm down for a minute and see what team he gets around him.

When I sit and think about everything, this is where I can say I'm at too.

You're already doing it tho :lol:

He hasn't even done anything yet though. Not a single hire. There's nothing to justify about him firing Mitch and Jim. It was coming for a long time, you just refused to see it.

This is true. However, Magic would be Pelinka's boss. And if Magic wants to do a deal, he'll push for it and swing his **** around. His judgement has been questionable - he though Byron was a good hire, and all his tweets lol

How did Magic do with Dodgers?! just wondering......
His role with the team isn't more than just being a figure head

However his role enabled him to witness day to day team operations. The team is really progressive when it comes to scouting and analytics. Statistical models typically have the Dodgers as the best team in the league. Further they have a slew of top prospects that they are adamant about not trading and they have done a good job hanging on to them.

If there's any take away from this it would be magic being exposed to the importance of analytics. Whether he believes in this over the outdated ideologies of the old laker way is to be determined

How did Magic do with Dodgers?! just wondering......

Well the Dodgers have a team of baseball number gurus with Friedman and Zaidi. Magic doesn't really have full power like he does now with the Lakers. You have to remember the Dodgers ownership is a collection of about 5-6 men who make up the Guggenheim Group.

If you're wondering how the Dodgers have been since they've taken over, they've been pretty good.

Bill Simmons:

If Lakers found a day to day front office guru to team w/ Magic, it could absolutely work. I'm less skeptical than I was for Phil + NYK

Markazi:

Many agents said Lakers were out of touch with what players wanted in pitch meetings. That likely wouldn't be the case with Pelinka

Bill Simmons:

If Lakers found a day to day front office guru to team w/ Magic, it could absolutely work. I'm less skeptical than I was for Phil + NYK

Markazi:

Many agents said Lakers were out of touch with what players wanted in pitch meetings. That likely wouldn't be the case with Pelinka

Yup and yup. The sky is falling though.

Back
Top Bottom