**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

man i don’t post in here much…

but i just want to say i get the weirdest emotions watching the lakers this year…something i’ve never felt.. just a general pessimism that sits in my gut as russ runs around recklessly…kwayne brown smush parker years didn’t even bring these types of negativity from me.

i really can’t stand this dude…he makes rooting for the squad hard…watching my boys ain’t fun this year…

F you Lebron for making that trade

Trashbrook is hated more than Kwame Brown. Sad

$47 M to this stat chasing turnover machine who makes every team worse on his 4th team in 4 years

Lebron really thought he can change him like that.

We just need this Lebron era to end.

Do you guys realize unless they find a sucker, we get to do this whole thing next season too?

Hear me out…

The following take assumes you believe Russ is an all time bad player at his age and circumstance…

1) this is possibly one of the WORST off-season for a contender in recent memory. Management: Bron, AD, Pelinka, Jeanie, Linda. All equally to blame. A historic blunder
2) why? Well, we had a team that won a title…then started 21-7…and decided to do a 180 and change the team around completely. This isn’t the bad part, it’s how they did it.
3) root of the problem move: effectively trading/passing on Kcp, kuzma, Harrell, 22nd pick, Caruso, shroeder for Russell Westbrook (see above statement: I’m extremely low on him for this team).
4) margin moves: prioritizing smaller players that can “shoot” but can’t defend or play hard.
5) lebron: my goodness. He is obsessed with big game hunting. Interviewing dame, derozen and Russ in his basement. What he should have done was try his best to recruit Mills, Otto porter, IGGY. He should have invited them over instead.
6) blunder/head scratchers: Deandre Jordan? Rondo? Bradley? 1 power forward on the team in Melo. Then playing them 20 games before realizing they don’t belong in the league.

So we go from a perennial #1 team with the #1 defense by a mile to a team that struggles to make the play in bc of a single off season. This is historic. This doesn’t happen.

It’s one thing if this was the ONLY move available but it wasn’t. That’s why it’s historic.

Kuzma/Harrell for Hield. (Basically enchanging kuzma for Hield since Harrell was leaving anyways one way or another).

If lebron wasnt big game hunting, he coulda bagged at least 2 of mills, Otto, Iggy with a cigar session. You woulda had:

Caruso/mills/Reaves
Kcp/hield/tht
Lebron/Otto/ariza
AD/melo
Howard/22nd pick

As your base. With tht Caruso kcp 22nd pick as assets to trade. Hell I’m not even including shroeder which we should have offered a 1/15 mill dollar deal as a 6th man and or as trade bait come December 15.

This isn’t a pipe dream. It literally was in our hands and we decided it would be better to get Westbrook and his albatross contract. This isn’t a hindsight 20/20 take. We were all saying this literal thing 3 months ago. Verbatim.

Last edited:
We were the #1 defense last season and yet we're a play in team? Why? Because Bron and AD missed significant time.

We're not the #1 defense this season and we are trending towards a play in team again? Why? Because again Bron and AD missing significant time in addition to all the other bodies in and outta the lineup with covid/injuries.

We were 21-7 because Bron and AD were out there to start the season pretty much every night and albeit off short turnaround the other guys were as well.

And didn't the Lakers pursue Patty Mills as well but KD got over in his ear cause they were in the Olympics together? Like c'mon man he chose to go somewhere else. Getting Russ didn't prevent us from getting him or any of the mini-MLE/vet min guys.

Last edited:
We traded for Russ because some how some way we thought that was gonna help us with a Nets match up in the finals.

We might make the play in...

All the oh Russ just starts slow talk...smh a walking turnover. Food on defense. Russ fooled a lot of people...

This is why you get russ

he didnt fool alot of us laker fans theres been like only a handful of laker fans who was on the russ train lol

but again blame lebron. if he didnt want westbrook here they wouldnt have traded for him.

lebron thought he was gon change westbrook like a big *** simp.

threw all his homies in the trash for him caruso, kcp, kuzy baby, keif, lil wes, big mac

kept the wrong man in talentless whoreton ****er

And didn't the Lakers pursue Patty Mills as well but KD got over in his ear cause they were in the Olympics together? Like c'mon man he chose to go somewhere else. Getting Russ didn't prevent us from getting him or any of the mini-MLE/vet min guys.
Sure

Hence the push for lebron to not go big game hunting but invite these guys to your mansion and give him a cigar up their ***. It’s these marginal players that he should have been recruiting

Let me ask y’all a question

If Chicago Washington and sac called and said we will trade you kcp, Caruso, Hield for Westbrook? Would u do it?

Let me ask y’all a question

If Chicago Washington and sac called and said we will trade you kcp, Caruso, Hield for Westbrook? Would u do it?
Chi can offer MJ statue for Russ and Im getting docusigns returned signed before I hang up. ANYTHING to get a way from Russ. ANYTHING.

Hes just too dumb of a player. No iq. Hed make a phenomenal running back, maybe a decent free safety, with how he plays defense. But, grt this dummy out of here asap.

Re: last year and being number 1 defense but still being in play in

We were up 2-1 on the suns before AD got hurt. That’s a product of good defense from Caruso kcp kuzma gasol mathews

It’s not apples to apples.

The Russ move was idiotic. If you believe otherwise than I don’t know what to tell u

My problem is this...I was told we got Russ so when AD or Bron would miss time we would he fine.

We are not fine.

And can we cut this guy already? We need a roster spot for Johnson.

Funny thing is Klutch and Rob actually got on calls and discussed this thinking it was a phenomenal outside the box idea. Get Russ, take wear and tear away from Lebron, load manage him and let Russ and AD carry the load for stretches

What a colossal failure

Re: last year and being number 1 defense but still being in play in

We were up 2-1 on the suns before AD got hurt. That’s a product of good defense from Caruso kcp kuzma gasol mathews

It’s not apples to apples.

The Russ move was idiotic. If you believe otherwise than I don’t know what to tell u

So what you're saying is we should wait to the playoffs before wylin out? I agree.

We're on pace for Bron & AD to play 37% of the games together this season...the exact same as last year.

Back
Top Bottom