**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I see both sides.

It's hard to fire a guy who won a chip 15 months ago, and then was given a roster that was doomed to fail.

But its easy to fire a guy who has consistently not adjusted to anything. Has used horrible rotations at times.

He might be the fall guy for managements failures and that's the nature of the beast.

That's this season. I get that.

Thing is, last season. We had the KCP, Kuz, & Caruso that the article mentions. We didn't have the complete roster reconstruction last season. And then in the playoffs last season, *checks notes*... yikes.

-foe
Notes:
Ad got hurt. Lebron was hurt. Players were gassed after playing 2 seasons in 1 calendar year.

I will never ever ever forgive pelinka for letting AC walk.

The kid was even willing to take a discount.

I don’t want to hear anything about luxury tax or contract conflicts after this fool went out and paid 44 million for russ.

Pelinka has nullified all the decent moves he had mad prior to this summer.

Pretty sure Pelinka was on strict orders from ownership not to go over a certain amount that would put them in the luxury tax. AC leaving was a financial decision, and those decisions come from owners.

Idc if Rambis is a nice guy or an *******. Anyone suggesting DeAndre Jordan needs more minutes in 2022 should not be associated with basketball.

I was talking about the weirdos in here and their vitriol for his wife, who again, is not a decision maker on personal matters.

Yes Kurt has proven a level of incompetence dating back to his initial stint as lakers head coach.

I don’t doubt they are nice people. I just don’t believe Kurt deserved to be rehired by the organization based on merit, after his poor stint in NY. And to have decision making authority on personnel and lineups…..like what did he do to earn that? It reeks of Jeanie doing a solid for her best friend’s hubby

GM's and advisors are granted a say so league wide, so Kurt sitting in on a coaches meeting and suggesting that Dwight and DJ get more run is normal.

See last season's fiasco in dallas, among many other instances where front office types sit in on coaching meetings and make suggestions/demands.

Bigger picture- Jeanie is a beneficiary of nepotism. For any of you to expect that she's not going to consult a former laker coach and front office person who is currently in the role is uhm, ridiculous. Whether that's the right thing to do is something else.

Kurt is qualified, he's just not very good at what he does. Nobody is arguing that.

Pretty sure Pelinka was on strict orders from ownership not to go over a certain amount that would put them in the luxury tax. AC leaving was a financial decision, and those decisions come from owners.
Pelinka, management, ownership…whoever gets the credit for good deals also should get the slander for terrible ones too, regardless of who’s idea it was or who’s orders.

I dont know why people are in shambles over vogel possibly getting axed.

This has been a players league for about 2 decades now.

coaches been getting scapegoated, blamed, and fired for a while now.

much easier to fire a coach than to trade a player.

but vogels rotations and lineups have been *** since he got here.

Coaches with rings:

Pop
Kerr
Bucks HC

Vogel
Spo
Lue

Anyone else?

So, the last 3 all got theirs with Bron. Bucks guy with Giannis, and Kerr/Pop loaded rosters. Oh, Raptors guy (who won cuz Klay/KD died, so he's great apparently)

So who we gettin to step in that's better?

Vogel used to give MIAMI LEBRON fits with Lance and Roy Hibbett starting, we should def fire him for.......Mark Jackson? :lol:

George Karl? :rofl:

Van Gundy? :lol:

Seriously, what're we doin? This is really gonna be a bad idea. :smh:

I dont know why people are in shambles over vogel possibly getting axed.

This has been a players league for about 2 decades now.

coaches been getting scapegoated, blamed, and fired for a while now.

much easier to fire a coach than to trade a player.

but vogels rotations and lineups have been *** since he got here.
I don’t think it’s the firing per say. It’s the dumpster fire way of Rambis and his godfather meeting with coaches that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. The ultimatums. The leaks. Etc

Coaches with rings:

Pop
Kerr
Bucks HC

Vogel
Spo
Lue

Anyone else?

So, the last 3 all got theirs with Bron. Bucks guy with Giannis, and Kerr/Pop loaded rosters. Oh, Raptors guy (who won cuz Klay/KD died, so he's great apparently)

So who we gettin to step in that's better?

Vogel used to give MIAMI LEBRON fits with Lance and Roy Hibbett starting, we should def fire him for.......Mark Jackson? :lol:

George Karl? :rofl:

Van Gundy? :lol:

Seriously, what're we doin? This is really gonna be a bad idea. :smh:

I don't disagree...

But I'm sure you understand people within the organization want a fall guy and sadly it looks like it might be Frank.

I kinda hope we don't fire him because it would really make this franchise look even worse then it already does.

It's not Frank's fault the front office gutted the roster and gave him parts that for sure don't fit what he's trying to do.

Not his fault AD, Bron and others have missed significant amounts of time.

But I also see that these players don't seem prepared for some of these games. The line ups just don't make sense sometimes.

I personally hope he stays but I understand that if he is fired, he is taking the fall for Bron, Rob and Jennie.

They were really too cheap to throw Ty Lue the bag Smfh honestly rooting for this team kinda sucks.

Should have hired Ty for sure, but he kinda goofed as well with being with the Dippers.

Lfr made great points on the roster construction and how that lead to bad offense.

Russ, Ad, lebron, tht, Nunn all wanna drive in and score.

Monk is half and half outside shooter and slasher but a vet min player for a reason

Ellington is our only real shooter and he’s been stinking it up this year

It’s pretty damn hard to put out lineups where we have 1-2 slasher and the rest are shooters. This makes it nearly impossible for Vogel to play around with linupes

He can throw out Russ/tht/ariza/lebron/ad and teams would still pack the paint. That’s why the Russ trade was a disaster unless Your 2 guard and starting at were korver and reddick

Melo is the only real shooter and so it makes sense that When he is on, we are unbeatable. But he’s 49 years old and has one good game every 9 games

hard to evaluate Ellington or any player when they aren’t given a consistent role and opportunity

Play Ellington 10 straight games for 12-15 minutes and I promise he’ll get in a rhythm and hit shots like he has his whole career. He goes from DNPs to starting lineup to bench role, it’s tough for anyone

• Haha
Reactions: DLF
Back
Top Bottom