**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Between the **** sandwich roster and injuries, Vogel didn't have much wiggle room. There are some things he shouldn't have done or pulled the plug sooner, but I get it.

Between the **** sandwich roster and injuries, Vogel didn't have much wiggle room. There are some things he shouldn't have done or pulled the plug sooner, but I get it.

Yet guys like Spo and Lue getting the very most out of whoever is out there. Vogel didn't do anything to try and maximize what he was given at any given time in fact with his lineups and rotations which have been an issue since he came here, actually exacerbated those roster and injury issues.

Shouldn't have taken 20 games to get DJ outta the rotation.

There is no point in arguing this.

There are reasons Vogel should be fired.

There are also some very valid reasons as to why this isn't all his fault...

He ain't going no where till the offseason so just hope AD plays the way we know he can.

Yet guys like Spo and Lue getting the very most out of whoever is out there. Vogel didn't do anything to try and maximize what he was given at any given time in fact with his lineups and rotations which have been an issue since he came here, actually exacerbated those roster and injury issues.

Well Spo and Lue are like top three coaches for a reason. :lol:

But those two don't have to deal with has-beens or 6'2-6'4 guards comprising the active roster on a given night.

Well Spo and Lue are like top three coaches for a reason. :lol:

But those two don't have to deal with has-beens or 6'2-6'4 guards comprising the active roster on a given night.

Half the job is getting your players motivated and ready to play/putting them in positions to be successful, he's pretty bad at that. Nobody is forcing him to play all these stupid lineups that don't fit. If now, that the team is getting mostly healthy that he continues on this track then, again running outta excuses.

Half the job is getting your players motivated and ready to play/putting them in positions to be successful, he's pretty bad at that. Nobody is forcing him to play all these stupid lineups that don't fit. If now, that the team is getting mostly healthy that he continues on this track then, again running outta excuses.
Like I said, I wish there were a few things he should have done sooner (LeBron to C, Reaves) or pulled the plug faster on (DeAndre), but I don't think it would have swung the season around that much if he "motivated" the players more. I see too many old, one dimensional, stubborn players (Westbrook, Melo, Dwight, Ariza, DeAndre, Ellington) or small guards (Bradley, Monk, Rondo) on the team.

shuges shuges lurkin in here and ain't say hi. :smh: :nthat:

What up bruh, I don't lurk too often. Just pass through every now and again. :lol:

Before the season, I predicted that LAL would start slow and then run roughshod through the league. I was wrong there but I still think the team AS IS can make some noise. And if they tweak it and add the right piece, they can still have championship aspirations. (Not no Eric >D Gordon though).

Shout out to you diehards as well as some of the new blood with their hot takes in here. :wow:

Just keep supporting your team and understand it's a marathon, not a sprint.

vogel played this undrafted rookie 24 minutes tonight. he finally did something right.

now if he could just give dwight a few minutes...

Lakers already are actively shopping him, and getting no interest back :lol: I still believe he has the talent and can eventually contribute given the right circumstance - prob not this year this roster though.

Vogel is here to stay - at least for this year. No need to move on unless there's a better option out there in the offseason. Just trim the fat off as much as we can and add more young legs if possible, we gon be iite

Damn |l

FB_IMG_1643194772522.jpg

Reactions: DLF

The answer lies somewhere in the middle. I like Frank, but he hasn't done his best coaching job throughout the first half of the season. Some of his rotation decisions have been questionable and haven't put us in the best position to succeed.

That being said, the roster is a complete 💩 show. It's hard to win with Russell Westbrook playing as poorly as he has, AD missing half of the season and 10 of the 15 players on your roster making the league minimum and barely being replacement level. Maybe another coach like Spo or Pop could eke out another handful of wins but 75% of This team's issues are roster/ injury related, not coaching related.

We all know that Frank is very high level coach. He did an amazing job in the 19-20 season and arguably even better job last year and given LeBron and AD injuries. Playing without AD for as long as we did and still having the best defense in the league was a huge feat and keeping the team above water while both of them were out was a great coaching job. He hasn't had the best first half of the season but that's no reason to fire the guy and once again, he's been handed a terrible roster.

The answer lies somewhere in the middle. I like Frank, but he hasn't done his best coaching job throughout the first half of the season. Some of his rotation decisions have been questionable and haven't put us in the best position to succeed.

That being said, the roster is a complete 💩 show. It's hard to win with Russell Westbrook playing as poorly as he has, AD missing half of the season and 10 of the 15 players on your roster making the league minimum and barely being replacement level. Maybe another coach like Spo or Pop could eke out another handful of wins but 75% of This team's issues are roster/ injury related, not coaching related.

We all know that Frank is very high level coach. He did an amazing job in the 19-20 season and arguably even better job last year and given LeBron and AD injuries. Playing without AD for as long as we did and still having the best defense in the league was a huge feat and keeping the team above water while both of them were out was a great coaching job. He hasn't had the best first half of the season but that's no reason to fire the guy and once again, he's been handed a terrible roster.
Our ceiling is a second round exit with Russ on the team. Only way we go higher in our ceiling is if we can somehow convert Jordan, Wayne, Baze, Tht into at least 2 rotational players that mesh super well. Even then, monk and melo will have to be lights out in a series.

With that said, it ain’t happening. Which is sad bc we have bron and ad and it was so easy to set up a better roster around them but we wanted to think outside the box and now we are outside the box of teams in contention

Back
Top Bottom