**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

j9ipf6gye1e81.jpg

2 years, but it still feels like yesterday. Still hard for me to talk about it, and still get emotional when I think about it.

RIP Kobe & GiGi

RIP Kobe
i remember seeing the texts and checking tmz to confirm getting out of a movie
i cried in the car for like 45 min

Robert Covington
Portland Trail Blazers
Forward

Given the Blazers gave up two first-round picks for Covington before the 2020 draft, his acquisition hasn't helped Portland as much as hoped on defense, even though the team has been far better defensively with him on the court. Now that Covington is in the final year of his value contract (he's making $13 million), the price should be far more reasonable if the Blazers decide to move him.

Quietly, Covington has been playing at a high level since returning to the starting lineup in place of the injured Larry Nance Jr. Over his past 10 games, Covington has shot 42.3% from 3 while averaging 2.0 steals and 1.7 blocks as Portland has gone 6-4. That might mean the Blazers won't be active at the deadline, though they still have significant incentive to get under the luxury tax line.

If Portland does move Covington, he'd actually fit well with the team that traded him to the Blazers -- the Minnesota Timberwolves -- though it would probably require adding a third team because of the tax implications.

Justin Holiday
Indiana Pacers
Forward

Trade talk involving the Pacers has focused on the possibility of breaking up their frontcourt duo of Domantas Sabonis and Myles Turner or finding a new home for Caris LeVert. If I were running a contending team, I'd also be calling Indiana about Holiday, whose 3-and-D skill set and modest salary ($6.0 million, then $6.3 million in 2022-23) make him a fit just about anywhere.

One intriguing option is reuniting Holiday with his brother Jrue in Milwaukee. If the Bucks don't believe they can afford to re-sign Donte DiVincenzo, a restricted free agent this summer, a deal sending DiVincenzo and a minimum-salary player to the Pacers for Holiday would be close to salary-neutral and give Milwaukee more size on the wing.

Kenrich Williams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Forward

Acquired by the Thunder in part of the trade sending Steven Adams to New Orleans as matching salary, Williams has dramatically outplayed a contract that paid him a non-guaranteed $2 million this season and next. (Williams' 2021-22 salary is now guaranteed, not that he was at any risk of getting cut.)

The biggest problem with Williams in Oklahoma City is he might be helping the Thunder too much to secure favorable lottery position. Amazingly, Oklahoma City has outscored opponents by 2.0 points per 100 possessions with Williams on the court according to NBA Advanced Stats. (Center Mike Muscala, whose minutes often overlap with Williams, has a similarly positive on-court net rating and might be another useful pickup.)

In part, Williams' on/off differential reflects some opponent 3-point shooting that is outside the control of individual players. Still, Williams is a high-IQ player with the well-earned nickname "Kenny Hustle" and has also developed into a 42% 3-point shooter on low volume with the Thunder. He could be acquired for a player making the veterans minimum and fits anywhere.

Robert Covington
Portland Trail Blazers
Forward

Given the Blazers gave up two first-round picks for Covington before the 2020 draft, his acquisition hasn't helped Portland as much as hoped on defense, even though the team has been far better defensively with him on the court. Now that Covington is in the final year of his value contract (he's making $13 million), the price should be far more reasonable if the Blazers decide to move him.

Quietly, Covington has been playing at a high level since returning to the starting lineup in place of the injured Larry Nance Jr. Over his past 10 games, Covington has shot 42.3% from 3 while averaging 2.0 steals and 1.7 blocks as Portland has gone 6-4. That might mean the Blazers won't be active at the deadline, though they still have significant incentive to get under the luxury tax line.

If Portland does move Covington, he'd actually fit well with the team that traded him to the Blazers -- the Minnesota Timberwolves -- though it would probably require adding a third team because of the tax implications.

Justin Holiday
Indiana Pacers
Forward

Trade talk involving the Pacers has focused on the possibility of breaking up their frontcourt duo of Domantas Sabonis and Myles Turner or finding a new home for Caris LeVert. If I were running a contending team, I'd also be calling Indiana about Holiday, whose 3-and-D skill set and modest salary ($6.0 million, then $6.3 million in 2022-23) make him a fit just about anywhere.

One intriguing option is reuniting Holiday with his brother Jrue in Milwaukee. If the Bucks don't believe they can afford to re-sign Donte DiVincenzo, a restricted free agent this summer, a deal sending DiVincenzo and a minimum-salary player to the Pacers for Holiday would be close to salary-neutral and give Milwaukee more size on the wing.

Kenrich Williams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Forward

Acquired by the Thunder in part of the trade sending Steven Adams to New Orleans as matching salary, Williams has dramatically outplayed a contract that paid him a non-guaranteed $2 million this season and next. (Williams' 2021-22 salary is now guaranteed, not that he was at any risk of getting cut.)

The biggest problem with Williams in Oklahoma City is he might be helping the Thunder too much to secure favorable lottery position. Amazingly, Oklahoma City has outscored opponents by 2.0 points per 100 possessions with Williams on the court according to NBA Advanced Stats. (Center Mike Muscala, whose minutes often overlap with Williams, has a similarly positive on-court net rating and might be another useful pickup.)

In part, Williams' on/off differential reflects some opponent 3-point shooting that is outside the control of individual players. Still, Williams is a high-IQ player with the well-earned nickname "Kenny Hustle" and has also developed into a 42% 3-point shooter on low volume with the Thunder. He could be acquired for a player making the veterans minimum and fits anywhere.

Lol too bad pelinka doesn’t know who Kenrich Williams is

If we keep our pick I’d love:

1) duarte -huerter
2) trey murphy
3) usman garuba - serge
4) jaden springer - Avery Bradley

Sleepers: bj Boston, reeves, bones hyland, Jericho sims
After the 1000 bad takes I’ve laid out here.

I will celebrate my one good one. Before the draft.

We celebrate the GM for signing a guy off the street who slots into our rotation day 1........

No irony there..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: DLF
Back
Top Bottom