**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lol at the haters in here.

When we are hoisting the trophy in June. I want all of you guys banned.

I believe in this team. Ariza Nunn Augustine are gonna come up huge in the playoffs

Tomorrow night is game 62 of the season. Let’s say everyone besides AD and Nunn is healthy. How confident are you guys that you can predict the starting lineup?

Lebron for sure will start.
Russ is more than likely going to start, but one of these days I feel like Vogel might bench him. Just don’t know when 😂
Dwight, Monk, Stanley, Austin, Bradley are all possibles with Frank.
Trevor was in that group but I think he’s falling out of the rotation.
THT and Melo probably won’t start, but there’s a small possibility of it happening.
No way in hell Baze, Ellington or the new big starts. At least I think… maybe it’s more like less than 10% chance?
Vogel loves to bring in PG’s of the street and see what they can do, so I’m 40/60 that DJA might start.

I’m partially joking here but serious at the same time. At some point you have to know what 5 guys are going to give you the best chance to win, but instead they’re playing musical chairs every night it’s really something to behold.

Which is funny, cuz I was told he don't try nothin out...... :lol:

"Put in Reaves!!!"

Nothing Changes.

"Put in Dwight, where's Dwight?"

Nothing Changes.

"Play THT!!"

Nothing Changes.

"Take out Bradley"

Nothing Changes.

"Play Monk More!!!"

Nothing Changes.

"Play Ariza, where's Trevor????"

Nothing Changers.

He's literally gone up and down that roster, and guess what folks, none of them fixin ****.

Baze, Jordan, Ellington, Stanley, Melo, none of them fixin nothin.

"His rotations suck!!!" :lol:

Phil Jackson could have Pat Riley's baby and it wouldn't fix the talent on the roster. I keep watchin folks like Noble every night scream for the next player, then another player, etc etc etc and never realize IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH PLAYER WE TRY, they ain't it. Not this year. That ain't on any coach. The roster just ain't it.

We don't have the legs, we don't have the defenders, we don't have the speed. We went Veteran, and it backfired. The best players we seen this year after Bron/AD are Monk, Reaves, and THT. The youngest guys.

Nunn would join that, if he ever plays again. Bone bruise got him on the bench for 6 God damn months. :smh:

Hijo Del Promo Hijo Del Promo please explain whats going on with the lakers

Easy explanation, an undefeated 82-0 team is forced to play below their capabilities because of Westbrick and AD (Always Down)

As long as they get the 10th seed, they will win the title.

There are 4, 75 all-time great players on the team.

These men know how to turn on switches on in the playoffs

275004455_5677662915595519_2606682249950442628_n.jpg

I checked all the official LA Lakers outlets, this is not true.

I was shocked to see this but I have verified the Lakers are still the Lakers.

You guys are reaching, just because the owner and all the new people signed are posing with the title, doesnt mean they are guaranteeing a chip.

The Lakers media programs need different variations of Lakers to post with the title, its strictly just editorial.

Great pic and pose btw, they look like people who just guranteed a title if thats what they wanted to make people think.

Basketball improv, love it.

I like to play a game when watching other teams in the nba: How many players on the court would be the 3rd best player on the Lakers?

It’s always at least 80% of the court and usually even higher 😂😂😂😢

I spy Josh Hart, Anfernee Simons, Deandre Ayton, Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson:lol:

I like to play a game when watching other teams in the nba: How many players on the court would be the 3rd best player on the Lakers?

It’s always at least 80% of the court and usually even higher 😂😂😂😢
Some coaches know how to get the best out of their players and roster.

our coach gets our players to play like were down 15 instead of 27.

our coach doesnt play the guy he said was the key to unlocking this team.

our coach plays russell westbrook to close out games.

Which is funny, cuz I was told he don't try nothin out...... :lol:

"Put in Reaves!!!"

Nothing Changes.

"Put in Dwight, where's Dwight?"

Nothing Changes.

"Play THT!!"

Nothing Changes.

"Take out Bradley"

Nothing Changes.

"Play Monk More!!!"

Nothing Changes.

"Play Ariza, where's Trevor????"

Nothing Changers.

He's literally gone up and down that roster, and guess what folks, none of them fixin ****.

Baze, Jordan, Ellington, Stanley, Melo, none of them fixin nothin.

"His rotations suck!!!" :lol:

Phil Jackson could have Pat Riley's baby and it wouldn't fix the talent on the roster. I keep watchin folks like Noble every night scream for the next player, then another player, etc etc etc and never realize IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH PLAYER WE TRY, they ain't it. Not this year. That ain't on any coach. The roster just ain't it.

We don't have the legs, we don't have the defenders, we don't have the speed. We went Veteran, and it backfired. The best players we seen this year after Bron/AD are Monk, Reaves, and THT. The youngest guys.

Nunn would join that, if he ever plays again. Bone bruise got him on the bench for 6 God damn months. :smh:
There is an obvious lack of talent on this roster, and no coach is going to fix that. However my point in that original post isn’t that Frank isn’t making any adjustments with his rotations, but the opposite… he’s doing too much. Just pick 5 guys to start and stick with them… at this point in the year you should have enough of the eye test and supporting data to know what works best and what doesn’t. Maybe it changes things, or maybe you still end up with the same results. Take Stanley for example… he’s been here for just about 30 games, and has started half. Do you see him as a starter or not? Pick a role for this kid and allow him to develop in it. The same goes for Austin, THT, Monk, etc.

The ultimate goal is to win games. But if that’s not happening then Frank should be trying to develop talent of anyone that has a future on this team. Seems like one thing he’s consistent about is that he has a short leash on the young guys and an extremely long one with the vets.

westbrook shoots 28 percent from 3 for the season. tht 27 percent.

why would you play both heavy minutes let alone have them both out there to close the game? wasnt like they were on fire shooting wise...

why???

There is an obvious lack of talent on this roster, and no coach is going to fix that. However my point in that original post isn’t that Frank isn’t making any adjustments with his rotations, but the opposite… he’s doing too much. Just pick 5 guys to start and stick with them… at this point in the year you should have enough of the eye test and supporting data to know what works best and what doesn’t. Maybe it changes things, or maybe you still end up with the same results. Take Stanley for example… he’s been here for just about 30 games, and has started half. Do you see him as a starter or not? Pick a role for this kid and allow him to develop in it. The same goes for Austin, THT, Monk, etc.

The ultimate goal is to win games. But if that’s not happening then Frank should be trying to develop talent of anyone that has a future on this team. Seems like one thing he’s consistent about is that he has a short leash on the young guys and an extremely long one with the vets.

Normal year, he would.

He had regular set rotation two years ago, and last year too (before injuries). But this year he's had injuries, covid, guys in and out with ineffectiveness. It's just a washed year. Then with his job bein questioned he's tightened his grip (in a bad way) and that hasn't helped either.

Do we even have a 5 game stretch with the same starters? 10 games?

I spy Josh Hart, Anfernee Simons, Deandre Ayton, Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson:lol:

Those guys for sure but I was watching the Bucks / Heat game & thinking about both their rosters.

Kcp, Kuzma, Caruso & Green would all be the 3rd most best players on this year’s roster. That 2020 roster was serious (& this squad is very unserious). Bubble ring or not.

Back
Top Bottom