**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

cakhr5a7fiw91.jpg

I agree with whoever that said Jeanie genuinely wants to win. I think her issue is the people that she empowers or has influence in the basketball decision making process. I suppose when you grow up rich and entitled you probably have some trust issues, so it makes sense to have a small circle of trusted confidants. She’s shown that she will spend, but with some level of restraint.

Max has a point. I do hear him.

But her being cheap AND naive (not in business sense but in basketball sense) pisses me off.

She only hires friends and relatives. Our GM is an agent of a former player.

Jerry West was a player with elite scouting eye.
Mitch player groomed by West.
Rob drew up paperwork for Kobe to sign. :smh:

I didn't care or demand Lue, but of all the hires she makes, he's the one she passed on. :lol:

Riley is gone, West is gone, Mitch is gone, Phil is gone, Magic is gone, and she gives us Rob Pelinka and the Rambii? :stoneface:

THAT is my problem.

Y'all right bring in this mystery great new owner
You do know that since Jerry died the team is like 97-786 with 19-20 removed.

Gone through like 18 coaches.

4 different decision makers.

4-5 free agents walked for nothing.

Another lottery season where we won’t keep our good pick.

I mean...

We all know the Buss family probably won't sell.

But if they did it doesn't automatically mean we would get a bad owner.

Blamer came in, let the basketball folks do their thing and they have fielded contenders, built a stadium they own, while the greatest franchise in the league leases a building and besides the 2020 chip, the team has underperformed. Lots of reasons for the under performance.

If the Lakers ever sold, I highly doubt we would get a crap owner.

He's not scoring 50 but he still looks the same now
Those highlights sure don't look like a center to me. AD is a SF in a PF's body and those highlights at New Orleans with him scoring 50 sure looked like his game was more of a small forward with the way he was getting his buckets.

He definitely moved quicker amd more fluid in 2016 than he does today. The 2016 AD was way better overall.

But again, there was a reason the Pelicans acquired Boogie to play alongside him and boy did it work. I recall they made a lil bit of noise in the playoffs when Boogie was at the 5 and AD was at the

But no, AD is a center lol.

Lakers and AD ain't doing nothing positive in the standings til they get Bigs that give the same type of production, defensive presence, vet savvy, and rebounding that 2020 Javale, Dwight, and Kieff provided to help AD out.

It's clear AD can't hold down the fort as the only productive big in the rotation.

If the AD of 2016 is long gone, then the AD of 2022 is definitely way less explosive and way more fragile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom