**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

you're acting like I'm interpreting what i think you're getting at as if we don't have 2 of the top 10 players in the league right now and didn't loose in the playoffs to the defending champs.
Fixed. :smile:
I asked a question. I don't really get into 'You're acting like this' and 'It seems like you're saying that.'
THAT'S dramatic.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Who are we closer to right now? Boston, or GSW/SAS? 👀

you been in this thread for 10+ years, long enough to know.
Where I'm confident we'll be has nothing to do with where we're currently at.
My original comment you responded to a few minutes ago was on our current state, not our eventual state.

The answer is Between Boston and GSW

GSW and SAS aren't even comparable my gai.....

GSW just won a championship 2 years ago....

SAS havent made the 2nd round of the playoffs since like 2016.

how DARE you try to compare us to the bottom feeding SAS

HELLA DRAMATIC.

Since 2000:

Lakers been to finals 8 times (THE MOST in the NBA BTW)

GSW 7 times

San Antonio 5 times

Boston 4 times.

We're fine.

Some of y'all expect to be in the finals every damn year.

We are still head and shoulders above most teams in the league when it comes to winning.

WTH are yall CRYING about?

maxresdefault.jpg

You used the Buss/Mitch/Phil/Kobe/Shaq/Pau era. 7 Finals in 11 years.

Since 2011, we have 1 Finals trip. In 14 years.

You used the Buss/Mitch/Phil/Kobe/Shaq/Pau era. 7 Finals in 11 years.

Since 2011, we have 1 Finals trip. In 14 years.

The former is abnormal by any sports comparison.

Basketball in particular now is in a ridiculous state of parity and will only get worse as these CBA rules get really in flux. However they decide to integrate the new TV contracts in regards to salaries may change that slightly but the days of going to the finals 9 times in 12 seasons and 7 times in 11 seasons is over.

Just got to take advantage when we get close ala last season.

Maybe....

I don't think they ever will...but at some point someone would probably give them 8 to 10 Billion for them...

Jeanie definitely isn't selling. If it ever happens which I doubt it'll probably be with one of the younger Buss kids get in charge.

I think a lot of people underestimate how good LeBron and AD are. They were phenomenal this season. However, it is fair to be worried about their health as this season they were super healthy.

I really think LeBron is still one of the top players in the league. In a playoff series, I may take him over almost anyone in the league still.

It's a matter of getting the margins right. Rob tried doing it last trade deadline by getting guys like Vando, Rui, Dlo, Beasley, etc. I think overall he did a real good job with that. Gabe was a good signing IMO but his injury ruined that. It's easier said than done, but he needs to hit on the margins. You hope Reaves progresses, you hope Christie breaks out, Vando stays healthy, Gabe stays healthy. and most importantly someone useful replaces Dlo. It's a lot but the foundational pieces of Lebron and AD in my opinion are no joke. The Lakers literally have the hard part down aka getting a superstar player/s. I still believe Lebron in the playoffs is in this category and AD is in the tier below that. That's a lot more than a lot of teams can say they have.

Once the team gets rid of that bum Dlo, things will brighten up.

I think a lot of people underestimate how good LeBron and AD are. They were phenomenal this season.

They absolutely were.

And a play in team, still.

For the 3rd time in 4 seasons. (Missed playoffs the other)

And now we gonna try to get thru another ~100ish games with both of them healthy. (And they'll be in the Olympics)

But the blame moves from Vogel, Kuz, KCP, Dennis, Russ, Ham, DLo, Reaves, Vando etc. But never the two maximum paid leaders.

Not the two common denominators of all 4 seasons. Always the other folks. :frown:

C CP1708 , what are your favorite 2 entrees? Any 2 entrees. Steak, lobster, hot dogs, baked chicken, broiled salmon, shrimp, beef wellington, fried chicken; any 2 entrees.
Anything at all.
What are your favorite 2?

- Steak + enchiladas + moldy bread + rotten peas.
- Steak + enchiladas + wilted greens + strawberries w/ worms.
- Steak + enchiladas + stale bread + sour green beans.
- Steak + enchiladas + rubber mac & cheese + rotten carrots.

"Why are people ignoring the only common denominators? Always the other pieces. :frown: "

- Steak + enchiladas + moldy bread + rotten peas.
- Steak + enchiladas + wilted greens + strawberries w/ worms.
- Steak + enchiladas + stale bread + sour green beans.
- Steak + enchiladas + rubber mac & cheese + rotten carrots.

"Why are people ignoring the only common denominators? Always the other pieces. :frown: "

So Rui, DLo, Reaves, Vando, Ham, Dennis, Kuz, KCP, Vogel etc were all solid enough in the regular season but moldy bread in the playoffs?

While AD was the one hurt in 21, and couldn't lift his arm after getting bumped in 24, and Bron missing the wide open 3 before the Murray game winner? (As well as making Aaron Gordon look like an All-Star)

I get your food analogy. But I don't agree tying it with the team the last 4 years.

Vogel was good in 2020
Vogel was not good in 2021? (The difference being AD getting hurt)
Bron/AD want Russ, Vogel fired in 2022.

Then we give AD an extension. :lol: *shrugs*

Lebron and AD played the most games in their Laker careers and were All NBA

and we STILL were a play-in team

What does that tell us about the kind of team we can afford to build around their massive salaries?

Back
Top Bottom