**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Jesus we’re about to finally get rid of Westbrook & finally stop the *****ing…. Only for Darvon Ham to become the new Westbrook with the fan base

They didn’t run a single play for AD in the first half.

Wonder if he was upset about that?

He might as well have taken the day off.
It’s a constant no matter who’s coaching, it’s like once the fourth hits the only time he gets the ball is on perimeter isos

It’s a constant no matter who’s coaching, it’s like once the fourth hits the only time he gets the ball is on perimeter isos
This is who AD is…

He needs to play with a PG that’s going to emphasize getting him touches… setting him up so he can finish. But even if he’s not necessarily the primary option on offense at times he can still crash boards, be the screener, etc but nope he just floats.

If you want to direct some blame, start with AD himself, then his teammates and then coaching staff in that order.

Can’t say he’s looked great since returning from injury so maybe there’s something to that. If that’s the case, and him and Lebron who’s clearly not close to 100% then it’s time to close the door on this season and maybe the Lebron Laker era.

This is who AD is…

He needs to play with a PG that’s going to emphasize getting him touches… setting him up so he can finish. But even if he’s not necessarily the primary option on offense at times he can still crash boards, be the screener, etc but nope he just floats.

If you want to direct some blame, start with AD himself, then his teammates and then coaching staff in that order.

Can’t say he’s looked great since returning from injury so maybe there’s something to that. If that’s the case, and him and Lebron who’s clearly not close to 100% then it’s time to close the door on this season and maybe the Lebron Laker era.

We all see what happens when getting AD the rock is emphasized, and it’s like the team does everything in its power to just ignore dude on offense & then he has to account for everything on defense/rebounding.

Just last game he was completely dominating 4th comes around & they inexplicably just stop getting him in position.

It’s hard to stay in a rhythm & be aggressive when you get the ball solely at the end of shot clocks or on the perimeter with a packed paint

Darvin Sc’am, like Lavar, tricked Jeanie with a motivational speech.

This is what happens when the ownership group hires based on “judgement”

Not say I want this but I predict:

No trade on Thursday.
No playoffs or play in.
Lebron asks for a trade late June.

Laker fan favorite and DPOY
CDBD121B-10CE-4431-8C5F-1D5DFF864CCB.jpeg
🗣 Cooooooooop!!!!

We all see what happens when getting AD the rock is emphasized, and it’s like the team does everything in its power to just ignore dude on offense & then he has to account for everything on defense/rebounding.

Just last game he was completely dominating 4th comes around & they inexplicably just stop getting him in position.

It’s hard to stay in a rhythm & be aggressive when you get the ball solely at the end of shot clocks or on the perimeter with a packed paint
I don’t think that it’s that simple of a case of the team freezing him out, you have to take in to account things like the other team are making adjustments and his own offensive limitations as well.

If I’m coaching a team that has a dominant low post guy you can front the post to deny the entry pass and rotate help over from the weak side so you can take away the lob over the top. That forces him to catch higher on the perimeter and from there you can load up on the side of the floor he’s on.

If you don’t have a reliable perimeter game, the ability to create your own shot and play make for others it’s hard to be the main offensive focus at the end of games.

Darvin Sc’am, like Lavar, tricked Jeanie with a motivational speech.

This is what happens when the ownership group hires based on “judgement”

Not say I want this but I predict:

No trade on Thursday.
No playoffs or play in.
Lebron asks for a trade late June.

I’m with you except #3. I don’t think he wants to leave LA. Family loves it here and the kids uprooting etc. he doesn’t wanna leave them here and be away from the family

Wonder if AD heard about trade rumors about him

maybe hence the recent report that “lakers turned down trade calls for AD”

I don’t think that it’s that simple of a case of the team freezing him out, you have to take in to account things like the other team are making adjustments and his own offensive limitations as well.

If I’m coaching a team that has a dominant low post guy you can front the post to deny the entry pass and rotate help over from the weak side so you can take away the lob over the top. That forces him to catch higher on the perimeter and from there you can load up on the side of the floor he’s on.

If you don’t have a reliable perimeter game, the ability to create your own shot and play make for others it’s hard to be the main offensive focus at the end of games.

This i agree on except he can't create his own shot, but sometimes it feels like the Lakers just throw their hands up as if we have better options outside of Bron & its Frustrating because AD is an ELITE scorer.

This i agree on except he can't create his own shot, but sometimes it feels like the Lakers just throw their hands up as if we have better options outside of Bron & its Frustrating because AD is an ELITE scorer.
I think he’s an elite finisher, which is fine.

When I think of AD being at his best it’s him rolling to the basket or the lob threat…. Something where he only has to shoot, and not really put the ball on the floor much. Def not at his best when he’s isolating on the perimeter or in the post. Not saying any of this as like a big knock on his game (he’s great when he’s going), just an honest assessment of his game.

I'm officially on team "start the rebuild". Let's be honest, this team's title window is closed. The title window closed the moment we traded for Russell Westbrook because we took on a huge, difficult to trade salary which destroyed our cap flexibility and gave up our quality depth pieces.

If we trade those picks what will we accomplish? We will go from the 13th seed to maybe the 8th seed? Is that worth giving up unprotected pics at the end of the decade?

Right now we are delaying the inevitable. Whether it's now or in 1-2 years, we're going to have to tear this thing down and start over.

The best move would be to trade LeBron to a better situation and hopefully get some draft picks in return and get as many assets as you can for AD. We only owe New Orleans one draft pick after this season so we might as well get started with the rebuild.

Who's with me?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom