**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

ahhh I see what this is now. He doesn’t actually care about AD’s health and the team’s success. He just wants to get his trade AD points off. I’m good on that.

If playing in a b2b in the most important game of the season to this point after "sleepwalking thru 30 of the 42 minutes" to position your team to have an entire week off where you won't have to go hard the last 2 games of the season since he's going to stress so much every time he steps on the floor is getting trade points off, sure.

I guess that’s where we see things differently. I don’t think it’s the most important game in the season at all. We already accomplished the important task by playing as well as we did for the last month. I don’t find much difference (in terms of difficulty) in the 5th seed vs the 7th seed.

Who knows what can happen in a week. One or two of these guys can get hurt in practice or whatnot. Win out now, get your seeding and hope you can rest for 6 days to be ready for a brutal playoff run. Im sure AD and bron can play well enough and contribute 25 min each and win againt a PG13-less team

All the players have talked about is avoiding the play in and now it's no big deal when it's right there for the taking?

How is more rest when playing hurt, bad? Why put yourself though an unnecessary game or two possibly with the play in tourney and then have to turn right around and play on next Sunday?

More games, and less rest seem like a bit of a difference...... *Puts hands up*

Yeah I get it but I’m looking at it more from the position of where we were a month ago. There’s the other angle of avoiding PHX but that doesn’t matter as much to me. Of course I would prefer the 6th seed, but I’m not too concerned about where they end up now.

I think this team is good enough to win a title just like I thought they were as soon as they traded [redacted]. It doesn’t matter to me what seed they are or who they play, as long as the Lakers are healthy, I think they can beat anyone.

When we first did the trade of course the goal was the 6th seed. Once Lebron got hurt that became unrealistic. We played well enough without Lebron to elevate ourselves in the standings and placed ourselves in a situation where the final 3 games are no longer do or die.

The most important thing is making sure AD & bron are healthy. Obviously the week of rest would help with that, but not putting their bodies thru an unnecessary back to back is important as well. We just have to trust the doctors to do what’s best for the players.

Just because Lebron and AD aren’t playing doesn’t mean it’s a guaranteed loss. Just like if Lebron and AD played, it wouldn’t be a guaranteed win.

To bad this isn’t a lakers home game, would’ve loved to see the reaction to the “thank you” video

Screenshot_20230405_144857_Samsung Internet.jpg

"Try" ?

is bron gonna take a few jumpshots and then be like

I don’t think it’s a terrible idea to play all of DLo/Bron/AD/Bamba.

With Bamba and Wenyen you can limit AD to 20-25
Vando and Rui split the 4 minutes. May be a game where you ask Vando to play more than usual.
Bron gets 20-25. Troy gets 15. And you slot Rui down 10 minutes.

DLo/DS/AR get 25-30 each. Whatever is left to Beasley.

Outside of start and end if close . You can then play Bron and AD opposite rotations

Can't really cut Bron/AD minutes if this ends up close considering all the things surrounding this game.

Think they'd be willing to play 35+ if they got a chance to end the streak.

Screenshot_20230405_144857_Samsung Internet.jpg

"Try" ?

is bron gonna take a few jumpshots and then be like

This is what I'm talking about :lol:

They act like this is the first game Bron and AD are coming back from serious injuries. Why the hell are they game time decisions? What is gonna be seen or not seen during shootaround from 2 healthy players?

This is what I'm talking about :lol:

They act like this is the first game Bron and AD are coming back from serious injuries. Why the hell are they game time decisions? What is gonna be seen or not seen during shootaround from 2 healthy players?

Gamesmanship. What advantage do the lakers have if they announce ad and bron are out a day before the game?

You see NFL teams do **** like this all the time. Make em gameplan for someone who won’t even be playing.

Back
Top Bottom