**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I don't blame anyone for sitting tonight.

I got blame for having to go to OT vs Utah with half its roster tho, that's more than fair. :smh:

Disagree. It wouldn't have mattered if they played 30 minutes yesterday in a 20 point blowout. I doubt they would’ve played today regardless.

I guess these dudes are gonna gut it through to avoid the play-in (but avoid the Suns?). :lol:

Can't imagine HiP throws Bamba in there unless it's a blowout. But it's nice to have a third center.

If AD was smart he woulda played against Houston because that's a easy W and the Rockets ain't in the 5-8 mix. If he didn't blow the Dallas game we could afford to have him sit tonight. These dudes don't think ahead.

If AD was smark he woulda played against Houston because that's a easy W and the Rockets ain't in the 5-8 mix. If he didn't blow the Dallas game we could afford to have him sit tonight. These dudes don't think ahead.
The medical staff wasn't allowing AD to play in Houston. That's why HiP went out of his way to say that in front of the media because AD was getting roasted the game vs OKC for sitting out.

If AD was smark he woulda played against Houston because that's an easy W and the Rockets ain't in the 5-8 mix. If he didn't blow the Dallas game we could afford to have him sit tonight. These dudes don't think ahead.
Exactly what I said smh
Just dumb decisions

AD HAS A STRESS FRACTURE

STRESS

OVERUSE = STRESS.

he got the initial injury the game following the Boston game. You know the game where he played like 24 straight minutes.

The medical staff wasn’t going to let him play against Houston. You can be mad about Dallas but don’t be mad at ad for Houston. Tbh Dlo probably deserves more blame for the Houston game. He should’ve been able to win that but instead put up an awful performance.

If AD is injured, he shouldn't be playing at all. Nobody is 100% this time of year. How he goes from 40 and 10 to all of a sudden being hurt every time he has a lethargic performance is comical at this point.

Stop blowing free throws and he could have been had a week off already.

If AD is injured, he shouldn't be playing at all. Nobody is 100% this time of year. How he goes from 40 and 10 to all of a sudden being hurt every time he has a lethargic performance is comical at this point.

Stop blowing free throws and he could have been had a week off already.

He’s been injured and been playing like a top 5 player for the last month.

It’s about managing the injury and not driving him into the ground thru overuse.

This all could’ve been prevented with a better roster. Unfortunately, we’ve needed AD to play as a DPOY AND put up 30/10 on offense just to get to this point due to bad roster construction.

We needed AD to play at that level just to get to this point. We NEED AD to continue playing at that level to win us the final 16-17 games.

The medical staff wasn't allowing AD to play in Houston. That's why HiP went out of his way to say that in front of the media because AD was getting roasted the game vs OKC for sitting out.

I hear you. I'm not saying you're wrong I just don't believe it. If it's that bad why is he playing period? How did he play 42 minutes last night?

A lot of these players have been babied. A lot of the information we know now about injuries is good but it's gone overboard. It's gone into dudes sitting out just because. Nobody is supposed to be 100% healthy this time of the year. Players in the past wasn't a 100%, everything feeling great in April. This is some mindset.

He’s been injured and been playing like a top 5 player for the last month.

It’s about managing the injury and not driving him into the ground thru overuse.

This all could’ve been prevented with a better roster. Unfortunately, we’ve needed AD to play as a DPOY AND put up 30/10 on offense just to get to this point due to bad roster construction.

We needed AD to play at that level just to get to this point. We NEED AD to continue playing at that level to win us the final 16-17 games.

No player is playing injured.

If he's hurt and having to manage pain there's a difference. Players do that all the time. They literally said the Houston game he was 'completely healthy' yet sat out. Stop making excuses.

I hear you. I'm not saying you're wrong I just don't believe it. If it's that bad why is he playing period? How did he play 42 minutes last night?

A lot of these players have been babied. A lot of the information we know now about injuries is good but it's gone overboard. It's gone into dudes sitting out just because. Nobody is supposed to be 100% healthy this time of the year. Players in the past wasn't a 100%, everything feeling great in April. This is some mindset.

1) ad played 42 minutes last night but he basically slept walk thru 30 of them. He played the last month because the team needed him to play at that level to make the play-in. Especially without Lebron.

2) Ad is going to play every playoff game. I’m not understanding what the issue is.

No player is playing injured.

If he's hurt and having to manage pain there's a difference. Players do that all the time. They literally said the Houston game he was 'completely healthy' yet sat out. Stop making excuses.

Yeah he has a stress fracture. He didn’t get surgery. It didn’t go away. He’s just managing it. It’s still a problem that he’s playing thru.

Making “excuses” is comedy. The guy just put the team on his back for a month straight (for the 2nd time this season btw… and when he did it the first time it lead to a major injury) and y’all still mad at him. **** is honestly hilarious.

Yeah he has a stress fracture. He didn’t get surgery. It didn’t go away. He’s just managing it. It’s still a problem that he’s playing thru.

Making “excuses” is comedy. The guy just put the team on his back for a month straight (for the 2nd time this season btw… and when he did it the first time it lead to a major injury) and y’all still mad at him. **** is honestly hilarious.

So what you're saying is no matter what he's going to inevitably get injured if he plays? I think his entire career shows that it's going to happen regardless what time of year it is. Imagine wanting a player to actually play up to his talent and contact while also being available.

I'm pretty sure every bad game he's had you came out and said he was injured.

When the hell did that become too much to ask?

it sucks cuz i was looking at minutes yesterday and lebron was on track to play less minutes out of all the starters so it looked like they were trying to play him less on purpose

and we all saw what happened.

ahhh I see what this is now. He doesn’t actually care about AD’s health and the team’s success. He just wants to get his trade AD points off. I’m good on that.

Back
Top Bottom