**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

How dominate was the Lakers starting 5

5 man lineups

IMG_2219.jpeg
I didn't realize that Vando over Rui improves our +/- by 17.

I really, REALLY like DLo/Reaves/Rui/Bron/Wilt, but I'm a big numbers guy, too, sssooo...

I don't know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd like to see Bron going back to his post-ups in the next series regardless of who wins. Bron used to abuse any smaller guys trying to guard him. Whether it's kings or GSW, there's going to be a lot of dudes too small for Bron and would be easy money in the post: Steph, Klay, Poole, Divencenzo, Fox, Monk, Huerter etc.

Out of the two potential mashups, Golden State has better bigs (Draymond and Looney) who can crash the boards and bother LeBron and Anthony Davis. Honestly, you can make the argument that Memphis has the best defense the Lakers will face in the West playoffs.

That being said, playing against Sacramento and their youthful, fresh legs would be tough for us. Sacramento pushes the pace and gets out on the break on both makes and misses. Not to mention we have no one who could attempt to stop Monk and Fox.

That being said, we could absolutely abuse their bigs and score at will offensively.

Golden State poses different challenges. They are an older, slower paced team and we have played Golden State well this season.

Plenty teams have been made to look like fools for “wanting” a certain opponent.

Like the great Phil Jackson use to say, “just focus on yourself. Do what you can control and you’ll be ok”

Kings
Dubs

Doesn’t matter. We execute and play to our full ability and we win.

I'd probably rather play the Kings because Sabonis and that defense is food. Granted they've been pretty good on defense vs the Warriors.

The Kings had looked decent on defense because the Warriors don't have anyone that can apply rim pressure. They are 3-point shooting perimeter oriented. LeBron and AD would take a lot of shots with the rim. My bigger concern with Sacramento would be our defense against their offense

Is this a Mike Brown revenge tour? Beat his former Warriors. Try to beat his former Lakers.

Give me Sacramento. I need AD playing against an All Star level big like Sabonis instead of Dray/Looney so AD can get ready for Jokic in the WCF.

It’s a second round where the lakers will be playing their own selves and luck.

Both dubs and kings can easily go 25/40 from 3 at home so we have to hope they don’t get hot plus we execute on our end and dominate them inside to tire them out.

It's about matchups. That younger, less experienced is on the verge of beating defending champs. Also, we've played Golden State really well this season. Seems to be a good matchup for us.
There’s no need to overthink this…but if you’d rather play the Warriors, that’s cool.

Back
Top Bottom