**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

So...

Great damn win.

At some point, Ham gonna have to find 2 to 3 minutes of rest for AD in the 4th.

The zone worries me...hopefully they find a way to break it in game 2 because I wouldn't be surprised if GS starts in zone game 2.

But we got the road win. Let's go.

Gotta front load AD’s rest.

Try to get him 8 minutes end of 1st start of 2nd. With the stoppage time, it’s a ton of rest.

If Curry goes out, pull AD. Put in Wenyen.
If Looney and Curry are out. Then you can go with the LeBron at the 5 lineup against Draymond.

If you get AD at 16-17 minutes in the first half.
You can play him 20 in the second half. Rest him last minute of 3rd. 3-4 minutes of the 4th.

For DLo if Curry is on him, throw away all the offense and let him attack him. Curry has no chance on defense against DLo.
Also letting DLo and AR play facilitator is such a good formula.
LeBron can catch and drive. It’s a second / third attack that Warriors can’t stop.
Seems like whenever Curry rested, Bron rested..

As usual Warriors fans on my timeline complaining about the free throws. Warriors don’t attack the paint and shoot 3’s how do they expect to get to the line. Warriors fans got 0 basketball IQ man

Fans love playing dumb. Warriors was last in FT attempts during the season. Their 2 best players live by 3's. Poole has terrible shot selections. I guess they think Dray supposed to get to the FT line 7-9 times a game.

Lakers need to keep attacking. Not just bron but Reaves D’lo Schroder. Also put Rui in post ups vs their guards (Payton donte Poole) should not be able to guard him. Attack attack attack

So...

Great damn win.

At some point, Ham gonna have to find 2 to 3 minutes of rest for AD in the 4th.

The zone worries me...hopefully they find a way to break it in game 2 because I wouldn't be surprised if GS starts in zone game 2.

But we got the road win. Let's go.
gonna need AD/Rui for that zone imo

bron been good as a roller/cutter
its his shooting that been tragic

idk wtf going on with it but he gotta figure it out i get shooting out of a slump but jesus :lol:
he would do himself a favor if he took more simple clean catch and shoot 3s but he be catching and bring the ball down sometimes before shooting lol

If Curry is out.

The GSW offense isn’t a killer.

I’d rather match AD with Curry’s minutes because we need our best defense and best offense. Of which that’s what AD provides.
HiP ain't taking AD out with five and change left in the first. That's Bron's time to rest because he can only play in seven minute stints.

Just let AD play the entire first, rest the opening four minutes of the second like he did tonight. They can give him a breather to start the fourth and go from there. Can give him breaks with all the timeouts if it's close.

Reactions: MVP
In the zone, best 5 is
DLo-AR-Bron-Rui-AD

A good idea is have DLo or AR drive down from the elbow. AD on the other block. And Rui cuts as a trailer off the weak side wing to the FT line.

3 options to go.

As usual Warriors fans on my timeline complaining about the free throws. Warriors don’t attack the paint and shoot 3’s how do they expect to get to the line. Warriors fans got 0 basketball IQ man
Literally half of their shots were 3s.
I already looked.
106 shots.
53 threes.

That is WIIIIIILD.

I want rui in that 4th Q lineup with whatever guard is hot. Flares and Pin Downs won’t be so easy for Klay, Poole and Steph if we can switch on the perimeter once the screens happen.

Austin and TBJ chasing were gassing on them.

they kinda had AR in hell too lol

on the flip side a good way to look at it is we took a haymaker today
21 3s with Poole hitting some insane ones lol

if they make 21 3s eeery game thats hard to counter so tip your ****ing hat
but i dont think thats sustainable

however our process on defense and offense is

Lakers need to keep attacking. Not just bron but Reaves D’lo Schroder. Also put Rui in post ups vs their guards (Payton donte Poole) should not be able to guard him. Attack attack attack
that's the plan - attack the paint

HiP ain't taking him out with five and change left in the first. That's Bron's time to rest because he can only play in seven minute stints.

Just let him play the entire first, rest the opening four minutes of the second like he did tonight. They can give him a breather to start the fourth and go from there. Can give him breaks with all the timeouts if it's close.

I’m saying take him out at 3 minutes left in the first.
Get the quarter break.
Rest 3 minutes to start the 2nd.

No reason they can’t use Wenyen and Rui to get AD at 16-17 first half minutes. So 20+ in the 2nd half isn’t an issue.

Biggest reason they struggled late is AD was done energy wise on offense. Could only commit to defense.

I’m saying take him out at 3 minutes left in the first.
Get the quarter break.
Rest 3 minutes to start the 2nd.

No reason they can’t use Wenyen and Rui to get AD at 16-17 first half minutes. So 20+ in the 2nd half isn’t an issue.

Biggest reason they struggled late is AD was done energy wise on offense. Could only commit to defense.
Steph usually finishes the first/third quarters though.

Back
Top Bottom