**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

So Knicks and Heat get 3 days off between games 2 and 3, but we play every other day
Ain’t that some bs

Does it feel like AD is turning somewhat of a corner? It didn't even seem like he played to 100% capacity and still dominated.

Nah he’s been doing this man. It’s ALWAYS been about being healthy and staying on the court. This is the sequel to the 2020 playoff run. Only difference then was Lebron was still the best player on the team. Lebron has fallen off due to age and injury. It’s AD’s time to carry us now.

Remember people complaining about those 2 games against Memphis where he didn’t score that much? Ad can score 0 points in a game and still be the most dominant player on the court. He’s not a creator on offense, he’s a finisher. That’s ok but it’s on the lakers coaching staff and players to get the ball to AD at advantageous positions. He’s not Embiid or Jokic where you give him the roc 20 feet away from the hoop and tell him to cook.

So Knicks and Heat get 3 days off between games 2 and 3, but we play every other day
Ain’t that some bs

They’ve played 2 games and we’ve only played 1. The flight from Miami to NY is long. The flight from SF to LA is like 60-90 minutes.

Game 2 will be frustrating at times. That dubs crowd and cocky players are annoying. Can’t stand Poole and even Looney with that stupid body habitus and smile lol

Nah he’s been doing this man. It’s ALWAYS been about being healthy and staying on the court. This is the sequel to the 2020 playoff run. Only difference then was Lebron was still the best player on the team. Lebron has fallen off due to age and injury. It’s AD’s time to carry us now.

Remember people complaining about those 2 games against Memphis where he didn’t score that much? Ad can score 0 points in a game and still be the most dominant player on the court. He’s not a creator on offense, he’s a finisher. That’s ok but it’s on the lakers coaching staff and players to get the ball to AD at advantageous positions. He’s not Embiid or Jokic where you give him the roc 20 feet away from the hoop and tell him to cook.
You saying that it's AD's time to carry means he turned a corner because not too long ago, many were wondering, when this would occur. I agree with the health and staying on court part.

You saying that it's AD's time to carry means he turned a corner because not too long ago, many were wondering, when this would occur. I agree with the health and staying on court part.

Yeah to me it’s just the health part.

You know what it is bro. We can go back to January- February where there was only like 3-4 people in my corner regarding the AD thing in here (shoutout trynafeelmink trynafeelmink , BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE , akajae akajae and whoever else I’m missing). I’m not gon say I Told You so because we still have 12 more games to win but I didn’t forget what was said about him by his own “fans”.

Last edited:
They’ve played 2 games and we’ve only played 1. The flight from Miami to NY is long. The flight from SF to LA is like 60-90 minutes.
I’m talking about between games 2 and 3. We’ll have played 2 games as well at that point

The 3 hour flight makes sense I guess , but TWO extras days off for that?

I’m only focused on the dubs and the current series so this is the last statement I’ll make regarding Denver.

If the “big” battle is AD, Lebron, Rui, Wenyen vs Jokic, AG and Jeff Green, I am absolutely not worried in the slightest.

Jokic cant guard AD.
AD can guard Jokic.

The only big I’m worried about in the playoffs is Embiid. We can cross that bridge if/when we get there.
AD always does well against Jokic so I would more so be worried about containing Murray, which I feel like we can do.

Even though Davis ran a little steam on offense last night, dude was locked tf in on defense again.

Those blocks on steph and poole were disgusting.

It was 1 game. Def not celebrating. Dubs can get hot as we saw.

Game 3 will be huge. To be able to go up 2-1. I’m expecting a game 3 from Memphis series like game (hopefully)

Kerr will make adjustments in next game and Ham will counter those in game 3. Back and forth.

Our only hope next game is if we can somehow shoot 36+ % from 3. Then we can neutralize their energy and deflate them.

Also, A counter to their “run pick and rolls with curry” would be to trap Steph, then when he passes it to draymond or looney, for the guard to stay with Steph and have the big run side by side or behind draymond/looney while everyone else stays with their men. I’ll live with draymond or looney floaters all game with ad in vicinity trailing

Vando Ran down a Curry floater from behind...... AD blocked like two of them. I'm thinking of one team curry has faced in this run that has a similar mix of size & athleticism & the closest i could get is last years Celtics,

Except for as good as Robert Williams is on defense he doesn't have the Length of AD, and while they have two athletic good defenders in Tatum/Brown.... neither of them could afford to expend the energy that Vando did guarding Steph last night.

It's hard to throw things at Steph that he hasn't seen, but AD is that much of a Unicorn defensively. The only other guys in the league that can do comparable things is Giannis & Bam, that is all.

The main thing we can take going into next game is that they won't be AS hot as they were from 3. I don't expect Klay and Jordan to cook the same way in which they did. However, Wiggins showing up can be a difference. If we can contain Steph, we can take game 2.

Yeah to me it’s just the health part.

You know what it is bro. We can go back to January- February where there was only like 3-4 people in my corner regarding the AD thing in here (shoutout trynafeelmink trynafeelmink , BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE , akajae akajae and whoever else I’m missing). I’m not gon say I Told You so because we still have 12 more games to win but I didn’t forget what was said about him by his own “fans”.
I never doubted "Aways Dominant" when healthy. Like you said, his health was his only roadblock

But yes, I do admit creating Trade Machine proposals in response to rumors but that was my job lol

they're the goat shooting team
they'll make 3s at a high rate
21 not sustainable tho idc. lol it cant be
if it is then **** it tip your hat but we were still able to edge out

we gotta clean up some of the offensive rebounding esp in transition (gp2, wiggins)
and also we they gettin their *** beat on them screens and that drop. maybe sprinkle in some high hedges? idk lol

AD played the entire 2nd half man which I Kinda get it to win but he was gassed by 5 min left in he 4th

need more rui, could use Wenyan. if they run draymond at the 5 thats a lineup we can exploit.
they're going to throw more zone at us tho for sure

We might as well not even watch game 2. 99% chance that we trick this game off and lose by 30. I just want to make sure that LeBron and AD don't play heavy minutes.

Reactions: DLF
We might as well not even watch game 2. 99% chance that we trick this game off and lose by 30. I just want to make sure that LeBron and AD don't play heavy minutes.
It’s gonna be nasty.

10 3s each by Poole and Klay.

Yikes.

I want Kerr to go to the curry/poole/klay/Wiggins/Green lineup bc I imagine Ham won’t be stupid enough to go small himself and instead punish them inside with ad lebron with Rui sprinkled in going in. Along with Reaves and D’lo penetrating on EVERY Play

Lakers were tired at end but they still got good shots

The ad missed floater and lebron missed follow up tip in missed.

D’lo WIDE OPEN 3 pointer airball

Lebron traveling call play

And like 3-4 stupid self inflicted 3 pointers taken. Replace those with 1-2 regular jumpers and ad makes the floater and the game only gets to like a 5-7 point lead vs being tied.

Not to mention those long 3s lead to long rebounds which lead to fast break 3s

Lakers were tired at end but they still got good shots

The ad missed floater and lebron missed follow up tip in missed.

D’lo WIDE OPEN 3 pointer airball

Lebron traveling call play

And like 3-4 stupid self inflicted 3 pointers taken. Replace those with 1-2 regular jumpers and ad makes the floater and the game only gets to like a 5-7 point lead vs being tied.

Not to mention those long 3s lead to long rebounds which lead to fast break 3s
have to secure Rebs on on gsw transition 3s
wiggins especially and gp2 got us on that especially during that 4th qtr flurry

have to secure Rebs on on gsw transition 3s
wiggins especially and gp2 got us on that especially during that 4th qtr flurry
What’s interesting is they went small at that time. Glad they did bc it gives us some film and feel on it. Hope Darvin has plans a b c and d already.

Also need Beasley mins. Gotta make a few more threes.

Back
Top Bottom