**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

This is exactly why i thought Vando would be so important this series, Rebounding especially. Look at how Steph is guarding him from the offensive boards. This completely takes him out of pushing in transition & getting our defense in crossmatches.

Im really interested in how GS comes out next game, if there' s huge uptake in "curry" ball and he's trying to create everything it lets me know that they are getting desperate. GS only used him like that in must win situations because they know how much that can wear someone out.

This is exactly why i thought Vando would be so important this series, Rebounding especially. Look at how Steph is guarding him from the offensive boards. This completely takes him out of pushing in transition & getting our defense in crossmatches.

Im really interested in how GS comes out next game, if there' s huge uptake in "curry" ball and he's trying to create everything it lets me know that they are getting desperate. GS only used him like that in must win situations because they know how much that can wear someone out.
Next game they won’t be resting curry on Vanderbilt on defense and will likely put draymond on Vanderbilt to roam. Prob is then Steph is on either Reaves or D’lo and you can then put them in pick and rolls or just iso and post up D’lo on him and make him work the entire defensive possesion

Curry is 35 too! He’s going to tire out if he plays like that for the rest of the series. I know he’s hella well conditioned but it’s different if you’re dribbling the ball for the majority of the possession.

Curry doesn’t even like playing that way either :lol:

Be prepared for the Warriors to stick Draymond on Bron to roam off him (daring him to shoot) and put Wiggins on D'Lo to slow him down. Reaves might be too tired chasing Klay to shoulder the offense. :lol:

Be prepared for the Warriors to stick Draymond on Bron to roam off him (daring him to shoot) and put Wiggins on D'Lo to slow him down. Reaves might be too tired chasing Klay to shoulder the offense. :lol:

Lol sure. Roam of lebron. He’s smart enough to know how to cut. Still leaves Looney on AD. If they double with Draymond, that leaves lebron open for the lob or offensive rebound.

Throw in Rui and now Rui will be guarded by klay.

Lakers got options.

Don't think Rui is gonna close games if the Warriors go small. But he should start the fourth quarter and let his play dictate his minutes. HiP doesn't trust him to chase these guards around.

Don't think Rui is gonna close games if the Warriors go small. But he should start the fourth quarter and let his play dictate his minutes. HiP doesn't trust him to chase these guards around.
Im thinking that's the issue with Rui this series. Can't have him chasing around Steph/Klay/Poole, he's not that kind of defender. I don't see a problem putting Rui on Wiggins/Draymond/J. Green/GP2. Rui has been consistently pretty good these playoffs, need to try and find him some run (I had higher hopes for TBJ chasing people through screens, but yesterday he couldn't hang, would give Rui those minutes)

Funny how we all adjustment experts. Truth is just gotta hope dubs miss their 3s and we hit some of ours and AD continues making his floaters and 20 foot jumpers. Oh and lebron shoots at least 47% from field. Sometimes it be that simple.

That game 1 from gsw felt like game 5 against sac or game 2 Memphis except they lost. I'm thinking they put up a stinker on Thursday and it's just up to the Lakers to press the advantage

We need just one of those Bron 4-5 3's in a game night. Think the last time he had one was the Jazz game where he was taking all those logo shots in pregame, then hit 6 (???) In the game, I think.

He's been Russ bad from 3 in the playoffs tho. :frown:

We need just one of those Bron 4-5 3's in a game night. Think the last time he had one was the Jazz game where he was taking all those logo shots in pregame, then hit 6 (???) In the game, I think.

He's been Russ bad from 3 in the playoffs tho. :frown:
they guarding him like he giannis rn (and they should cuz hes shooting so poorly)
but he lowkey gotta take em (maybe not 9 attempts per game) and slowly try to shoot thru it
dont need 40% but just a slight positive regression should HOPEFULLY be due

he definitely not able to attack the paint as consistently w/ whatever % his foot is at

I wish Bron never hurt that foot man. He would be running through these dudes. Nobody out there can guard him. I don’t care what people say about Wiggins.
Pre-foot injury bron would be in the paint back to the basket every single time. Or lowering that shoulder n going to the cup.

As I have said before we are a bad matchup for these boys. This series will be a series of who is gonna tire out first.

I also love how pretty much everyone in the media across multiple platforms have pretty much given this series to the Warriors. Even after our win it’s not about what we did but what they didn’t do lol. I need them to win this series sooooo badly.

In the 2022 Finals, the Warriors were down 2 games to 1 before winning three straight to finish off the Celtics.

This happened because Kerr made several key adjustments after Game 3. The adjustments he made in the Finals could give us a glimpse on what Kerr could do in this series to adjust to the Lakers' size advantage and to get Curry playing like Curry.
https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/how-steve-kerr-outcoached-ime-udoka-nba-finals

In the 2022 Finals, the Warriors were down 2 games to 1 before winning three straight to finish off the Celtics.

This happened because Kerr made several key adjustments after Game 3. The adjustments he made in the Finals could give us a glimpse on what Kerr could do in this series to adjust to the Lakers' size advantage and to get Curry playing like Curry.
https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/how-steve-kerr-outcoached-ime-udoka-nba-finals
the biggest thing i can see they taking from this particular article is more steph on-ball running pnr

otherwise i tihnk they throw zone, go small, etc

we still havent ran a lot of bron off-ball as a roller either and i think that's something they can put a wrinkle in gsw esp if they go small

bron #4 in def rating rn hes pretty locked in on def, even closing out shots and etc.

pmatic pmatic Posted that athletic thread about adjustments & some good points were made for both sides.

The Warriors are probably gonna do everything in their power to slow down AD, And force the Lakers to beat em from the perimeter. That could be a decent strategy, but this also isn't the same team to start the year, Reaves is more than a capable shooter, D'Lo could be an elite shooter at times & i If it gets really bad then Beas will have to see some minutes.

it's a strategy the Warriors have no option but to try, but idk if giving the lakers wide open jumpers is something you really want to make a habit out of.

Back
Top Bottom